Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Zac and friends.

Liked

Re: Zac and friends.

Even here in Pattaya-on-sea, a tropical paradise for the hedonistically minded it's not all perfect. A few niggles.

An increasing number of unbelievably loud motorbikes that sound like jet engines being ridden about the place.

More and more riders deciding to turn right on the diagonal rather than the right angle thereby cutting right across your lane.

The police down in the little hut at the far end of Jomtien still behaving as if they own the place. Was he drunk?, I don't know. He was sweating profusely and his speech seemed slurred.
    This compares to the police everywhere else who are models of politeness and actually enjoy a little banter.

A very average looking boy in Eros who didn't smoke but thought he was worth 1500 baht for an hour.

The one shop owner in about 6 years who charged me more than the correct price for an iced coffee.

The extremely rude monkey at Cow Koo Open Zoo who snarled and told us to fuck off when we wanted to see the pygmy hippos.

Liked

Preecha Seafood restaurant down in Bang Saray although I think there is another one somewhere. Nice meaty prawns with fried garlic, Chinese broccoli with salted fish and crab fried rice. All relatively simple and all executed well. Complimentary fresh pineapple is served after the meal but I asked for it with because it goes so well with the shrimp. With a large water the cost was 460 baht. Served with a lovely view across the bay.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 23rd, 2019), Eddie (February 24th, 2019), poshglasgow (February 25th, 2019), sglad (February 22nd, 2019)

Liked

On the way back to Pattaya I called into The Glasshouse for a coffee and dessert. The latte was fine but after adding the sugar the spoon provided is too small so you end up with your fingers in the drink. They used to serve a sugar stick that dissolved as you twiddled it. The brownie was fine but initially served fridge cold. I had it warmed but it still came in its foil container without a whirl of cream or ice cream.
    There's nothing fundamentally wrong with this place but they've lost a bit of class in recent years. I wonder who's cheap enough to post the word 'apposite' below. Haha. Let's see.

Liked

I offed a boy from Power Boys and he was wonderful, happily delivering on everything we'd agreed. However the actual visit to the bar was less so with the owner shouting and screeching and pointing to each boy in turn. As if I was unable to see them for myself.

Earlier on in Toy Boys there was a row of 10, five of whom were customers and the other five go go boys. Only the clothing differentiated the two. I've noticed that more young and rather attractive customers are visiting the go go bars.

Liked

Boyztown remains a great place for people watching including the exuberant/eccentric farang who dances up and down the soi.

In a rare outbreak of sensible pricing BBB now offers 90 baht for beer or whiskey and 60 baht for soft drinks served on the terrace.

The huge array of huge motorbikes parked outside says either the boys are doing very well or Thailand now offers very easy credit.

7. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (February 25th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    or Thailand now offers very easy credit.
    Unfortunately this is now true

When we were going to Buriram just after New Year and completely against the general flow of traffic it was never more obvious, with all the red plated Ford, Mitsubishi and Chevrolet pickups and SUVs

BFs sister couldn't afford the minibus back to Buriram after her fathers funeral in December, on FB yesterday she posted pics of her brand new Chevvy Jeep

Similarly Khmer friend that works in BT also had a fancy bike, he broke up with is Thai BF recently... and had to give the bike back... The Thai guys name was on the HP agreement...
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Eddie (February 24th, 2019), llz (February 24th, 2019)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Hi Arsenal,

I enjoy your restaurant reviews. I know that you take (and seem to absorb) some of the digs from others in good grace, but I find that the photos of the various dishes speak volumes. I welcome the fact that you give an indication of price too.

I often have dinner along the soi adjacent to Tukcom, when I stay at Mosaik.

Keep up the reviews!
    I've been limiting my visits to Pattaya to 4,5 days because I always find myself going stir crazy after the fourth day and the niggles starting to niggle. Having followed the reports & reviews of arsenal, gerefan, colmx, travel jim, etc i realize that I've been confining myself to too small an area and there's so much more to Pattaya to be seen & experienced and I'm going to plan my next trip differently. Keep up the good work guys & thank you for sharing. And please ignore the haters who only criticize and contribute nothing.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 24th, 2019), poshglasgow (February 25th, 2019)

Liked

I stay for a month at a time
    4 maybe 5 times a year
    MFAS criticizes me for posting about Yupins. I am on their mailing list..Very few restaurants promote themselves as Yupins. GREAT VALUE
    But I dine at a dozen restaurants and doubt if I would see MFAS in any.
    Gerefan says he stays 3 months at a time.My flight time is 9 hours + or -.
    That is why I prefer more trips shorter duration

Liked

Nice post Eddie and I think you'll find that everyone has little niggles here in Pattaya but then we have them in our home countries too.

As for dining. The water should really be opened at the table. The fried eggs should be funny unless requested otherwise. Does the child really need to have the repetitive show played so loud? I haven't finished my starter so why are you trying to give me the main course? The missing breakfast item is inconsequential, but it's still missing. Why is it impossible to catch the waiter's/waitress's eye without getting up to go and speak to them? Why does the fried rice take so long when everything else has been here for 5 minutes.

Of course, all of the above are weighed up against the cost, the quality of the food and all the other fantabulastical things on offer.

Good and bad. TIT.

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Eddie (March 2nd, 2019), llz (February 24th, 2019), snotface (February 24th, 2019)

Liked

Down to Bang Saray and Ruantaray Restaurant located at the far end beyond the two main fishing piers.

This place is noticeably different to Jejuk and Preecha in that it's a more adult style of establishment. There were no kiids that I saw, also the music is played quite a bit lower volumed than the other two places. You're unlikely to have your meal spoiled by computer games as has happened at Jejuk or some twat on his phone as has happened at Preecha.
    The setting is gorgeous and the decor more refined. You could take your bs, bf or your bit on the side for a lovely romantic meal here.
    Do be aware that from the parking area to the restaurant is about 100 meters so perhaps not for those who have mobility difficulties. There are two types of seating. Beautiful wrought iron gold coloured chairs or cheap plastic ones. Choose the cheap plastic ones which are quite comfy, unless you've got an arse like a rhino the iron ones are horrible to sit on.

To the food. The soft shell crab with garlic was decidedly underwhelming. Well executed with light and crisp enough batter but no discernable taste. Bland.
    Fried rice with shrimp was good with four large meaty prawns and served with the usual garnishes plus requested lime.
    The sauteed mixed vegetables was an extremely generous serving of crunchy greens, mushrooms, carrots, and mange tout in a pleasant meaty sauce.
    Service was lovely and very efficient. With water the bill came to 508 baht which I think is very reasonable. I will absolutely go back to this restaurant. I just won't order the soft shell crab.