Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Chinese New Year!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Happy Chinese New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    You are not the only one to wonder about the Freeks posting times. Assuming (now be careful here) he really is in BKK then he must be an insomniac.

Alternatively if he is in the USA then he keeps regular hours.

Which would one believe?

You may have missed my post yesterday in the “Roya House massage” thread, #157, copied below.

“””Well that is a very interesting comment Sglad. In fact it made me draw up a list of some of Frequents more prolific posting times in the last few weeks.

THAI TIME.................. NEW YORK TIME
    Jan 30 0354 - 0400...... 1554 - 1600
    1 Feb. 0410 - 0445...... 1610 - 1645
    3 Feb. 0406 - 0907...... 1606 - 2107
    4 Feb. 0249 - 0332....... 1429 - 1532
    5 Feb. 0320 - 0852....... 1520 - 2052
    6 Feb. 0231 - 0345...... 1431 - 1545
    8 Feb. 0424 - 0650....... 1624 - 1850

WELL WELL....can’t you sleep frequent?”””
    I think he's on Sydney/Melbourne time as he is always posting two or three hours ahead of me (Singapore/KL time) (or three or four hours ahead of Thai time). By the time I get up at around 6 AM, I noticed that he would have already made a few posts two or three hours earlier (two or three depending on Daylight Savings). And he rarely posts past midnight Singapore time (11 PM Thai time) as he would have gone to bed two or three hours earlier.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    I think he's on Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney, Melbourne, etc) as he is always posting two or three hours ahead of me (Singapore/KL time) or three or four hours ahead of Thai time. By the time I get up at around 6 AM, he would have already posted two or three hours earlier (two or three depending on Daylight Savings).
    ALL times stated on this board are in your pre-selected time zone,so it’s easy to convert his posting times accurately.

See the box the bottom of every page. For me it clearly states:

“All times are GMT”

Apparently ,you can change it but I cannot fathom out how, even trying the FAQ.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    oh wow...this must be a record...how did we go from chinese new year to african swine fever...
    Not a record at all but quite typical of frequent who needs to insert a comment in almost every thread in the hope of staying visible and convincing people that he lives in Thailand. But his comments are usually irrelevant to the topic and built around some Internet news source or other because he's never been to Thailand to be able to write about a personal, intimate account of how he celebrated CNY in Bangkok, attended a dinner as a guest of Chinese-Thai family or observed a particular ritual or custom in Yaowarat that is unique to Thai-Chinese culture. Instead it's some random, one-week old report (whose only commonality with the topic is the word 'pig'), or some quote from Stickman (whom no one who claims to have lived in Thailand for thirty years would bother with) or a very general, non-nuanced review of a restaurant or venue in Silom Soi 4 because there's already plenty of info on Silom Soi 4 on the Net for him to "borrow" from. That would explain his over reliance on Google because he needs it as a substitute for real-life experience.

Writing stories based on Internet links and what's found online might work for staid, dry stuff like visas (plenty of info to 'steal' from Thaivisa) but it doesn't work when it comes to culture, customs, daily life, the Thai language and just the pure joy and occasional pain of being in Thailand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ALL times stated on this board are in your pre-selected time zone,so it’s easy to convert his posting times accurately.

“All times are GMT”

Yup, mine is set to Singapore time, and by the time I start reading/posting on the forum in the morning, I noticed that he's already posted two or three hours earlier. While he appears online now, his last activity on the forum was around three hours ago, probably just before he went to bed.

In contrast, a447, who says he's from Perth, if often online at around the same time as me which is not surprising because a) he adores me and b) Perth and Singapore time are the same.

You can change your time settings through your account settings. Start by clicking on the Settings icon on the top right corner of this page.

Banned
    Liked

“All times are GMT”

Yes, gerefan2 and sglad, it’s time to “do a latintopxxx” and fess up to living in Houston and never having left a city where I enjoy my time teaching Latin at a well-known Catholic boys’ school. (deleted)Requiescat in pace
    Last edited by a447; February 11th, 2019 at 06:02. Reason: Violation of rule 3.2.3