Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chiang Mai Gets it's Pride Back

Liked

Re: Chiang Mai Gets it's Pride Back

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    sweetie...ive been to more pride marches than u have had meals...few highlights like cologne and madrid....the rest r a total waste of my precious time
    sweetie????? You're beginning to sound like an annoying gay gogo mamasan. But why 'sweetie' if you dislike these marches so much did you attend so many of them and waste so much of your 'precious' time? Isn't that rather foolish? Especially somebody who has been to 'more pride marches and we have had meals' that must be quite a few you had to attend before you realised you didn't actually like them.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (February 4th, 2019), gerefan2 (February 4th, 2019), neddy3 (February 4th, 2019)

Liked

He's just precious
    ..........and that's the way it is.

4. User who gave Like to post:

francois (February 4th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

..the rest r a total waste of my precious time
    So how would you describe your ramblings (I was going to say writings) on here as a use of your time?

6. User who gave Like to post:

francois (February 4th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    PS Latin - just out of interest have you ever looked up "internalised homophobia" in the dictionary, you just might find it an interesting read.......
    You mean like openly hating lesbians or effeminate gay men or gay twinks or lusting after straight men only (that's right, men who identify as straight, not straight-acting gay men)? We have plenty of that on this forum. We have at least one moderator who goes for straight guys only and even expressed embarrassment at sharing a lift with straight people if he has his hoe-boy (straight as he is) in tow? Isn't that an expression of internalised homophobia?

Coming back to pride events in Thailand, how many of them are attended by regular gay Thai guys? By this I mean your gay Thai postman, waiter, doctor, lawyer, accountant, teacher, policeman, nurse, civil servant, factory worker, etc, NOT paid bar workers, models advertising products and services and the occasional NGO? If there are few or none, then what does it say about Thai pride events and who they are for? None of my gay Thai friends are interested in these events or even know much about them. Our Pink Dot gatherings in Singapore are attended by a diverse group of gay people and their families from across the professions and all walks of life who share a common goal of supporting the LGBTQ community and their right to love and be who they are. In the above pics, I can see Taiwanese office nerds in business shirts marching alongside the hunks in speedos; where are the Thais doing the same?

8. User who gave Like to post:

Eddie (February 18th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh how i love the confucked physco speak babble used by some to confuse others...its simple..gay isnt special..so why act like its a celebration...why make a spectacle of yourself...it damages the gay image...once people find out that one is gay they expect u to start acting like ru paul...shrieking over a broken nail...

Liked

Latin is so funny.
    He's a real sweetie.

Banned
    Liked

oh how i love the confucked physco speak babble
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    .... I speak perfect English
    How I miss Tenille

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Coming back to pride events in Thailand, how many of them are attended by regular gay Thai guys? By this I mean your gay Thai postman, waiter, doctor, lawyer, accountant, teacher, policeman, nurse, civil servant, factory worker, etc, NOT paid bar workers, models advertising products and services and the occasional NGO? If there are few or none, then what does it say about Thai pride events and who they are for? None of my gay Thai friends are interested in these events or even know much about them.
    What pride events in Thailand? There hasn't been one in Chiang Mai for over ten years (which is the whole point of this one...). Bangkok Pride has been dead for years. That leaves Phuket Pride which, whilst having honourable fundraising objectives, is organised by foreigners, non-political, and supported primarily by the commercial gay scene i.e basically an ex-pat/tourist party and fundraiser. Nothing wrong with that, but I know there has been some criticism in the past that it didn't include local Thais and political agendas. Are there any other Pride events in Thailand?

Chiang Mai Pride 2019 is being organised by the Young Pride Club and M-plus. I understand the Young Pride Club is run by a group of Thai University students. M-Plus is an NGO working in The HIV prevention space and is a Thai run and staffed organisation offering support to Thai people. So, Chiang Mai Pride 2019 is a Thai organised event, with Thai objectives and aimed at Thai people. It should target exactly the type of "regular gay Thai guys", you refer to. I sincerely hope that foreigners will turn up to support the event, but stay right out of its organisation. The involvement of foreigners and big egos is what brought the downfall of the last Chiang Pride with disastrous consequences.

I can understand that your Thai gay friends aren't "interested in these events", when they have big commercial agendas. This should be different and perhaps very much of interest to them?
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Smiles (February 6th, 2019), TaoR (February 6th, 2019)

Liked

All my best to Young Pride Club and M-Plus.
    Having lived for over 25 years in the San Francisco I enjoy many Gay Pride Parades.
    And when I was a Univ Professor I matched with some of my Students in Austin, Texas.
    We enjoyed being part of showing our Pride in being Gay and Out!!
    I hope the same for you guys in Chiang Mai...
    GWM in USA

15. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (February 6th, 2019)