Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Most Thai guys on the bar scene these days are undefined or bordering on overweight
    Some of the boys in Winner bar and Cupidol look as if they need to eat in McDonalds for a month or two!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    After the usual delights of Pattaya, the object would be to enjoy a bit of upmarket pampering. I'm hoping that someone can recommend a beachside 5-star hotel, resort or spa with great facilities and food that can be reached by taxi, bus or ferry (Hua Hin?) in a maximum journey of an hour or two from Pattaya. Local boy-bars are not a necessary requirement - though they aren't a deterrent, either. Does anyone have any recommendations based on personal experience?
    Must it be beachside, Marsilius? How about flying up to Chiang Mai for a week? December/January is a great time to go up north and you can stay at the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi. It's under an hour from Utapao. As it is you'll already be spending three weeks in Pattaya. How about some cool fresh air and being among the living for a change?

Liked

Forget Chiangmai. The water in the swimming pool is too cold this time of the year.
    It's better to swim in the sea.
    Utapao and Chiangmai? Is there any connection?

Banned
    Liked

Direct flights from Utapao Airport to Chiang Mai.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Some of the boys in Winner bar and Cupidol look as if they need to eat in McDonalds for a month or two!
    I guess more meat in between their buns can't hurt.

6. User who gave Like to post:

francois (January 27th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Forget Chiangmai. The water in the swimming pool is too cold this time of the year.
    It's better to swim in the sea.
    Utapao and Chiangmai? Is there any connection?
    I flew from Chiang Mai to Utapao two years ago on Air Asia. It was very cheap, around 3,000 Baht return maybe?

Don't they have heated pools at these luxury hotels?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Must it be beachside, Marsilius? How about flying up to Chiang Mai for a week?
    And suffer some of the worst air quality in Asia? 166 thingys, as opposed to 130 for Pattaya.

According to the website recommended by Taveller Jim in his thread. Back to Singapore my young friend.

https://www.airvisual.com/thailand/chiang-mai/payap

Forum's veteran
    Liked

not there for the air silly boy

Liked

I have, as a result of the very useful advice offered, now decided against Hua Hin. I have instead booked a four nights stay in the Marriott Hotel and Spa in Rayong - an easy journey from Pattaya and, by all accounts, entirely fulfilling my original requirements.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    And suffer some of the worst air quality in Asia? 166 thingys, as opposed to 130 for Pattaya.

According to the website recommended by Taveller Jim in his thread. Back to Singapore my young friend.

https://www.airvisual.com/thailand/chiang-mai/payap
    The air quality may be poor this year but we don't know what it's going to be like next year, which is when the the OP intends to take his holiday. I don't recall it being this bad in January last year and it wasn't bad when I was there in January 2017.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Eddie (January 30th, 2019)