Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations?

Liked

Recommendations?

As you know, these days it's necessary to book flights and accommodation virtually a year in advance if you want to get exactly what you require. I've already booked my preferred accommodation in Pattaya for four weeks in December 2019/January 2020 but would like to break that month up by using up to a week of it to travel elsewhere.

After the usual delights of Pattaya, the object would be to enjoy a bit of upmarket pampering. I'm hoping that someone can recommend a beachside 5-star hotel, resort or spa with great facilities and food that can be reached by taxi, bus or ferry (Hua Hin?) in a maximum journey of an hour or two from Pattaya. Local boy-bars are not a necessary requirement - though they aren't a deterrent, either. Does anyone have any recommendations based on personal experience?

"The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Re: Recommendations?

If you are interested in 5 star hotels in Hua Hin, Marsilius, may I suggest the following hotels, the details of which I have taken from Booking.com - https://www.booking.com/city/th/hua-hin.en-gb.html

I have not however stayed at any of them, but over an 8 -10 year period I have eaten in their restaurants, swam in some of their pools or, in the case of the Hilton, used their gym and swimming pool as well as eating in one of their restaurants. If I wanted pampering in 5 star hotels in the centre of Hua Hin I would choose either the Hilton or the Centara.

Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin (5 stars)

This is a Preferred Partner property. It is committed to providing guests with a positive experience thanks to its commendable service and good value. This property may pay Booking.com a bit more to be in this Programme.

Hua Hin Night Market, Hua Hin (500 yards from centre) – Beach nearby.

Featuring 4 outdoor pools in beautifully landscaped grounds, Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villa Hua Hin is a 5-minute walk from the Night Market and Fishing Pier. It has a spa and 4 restaurants.
    Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa (5 stars)

This is a Preferred Partner property. It is committed to providing guests with a positive experience thanks to its commendable service and good value. This property may pay Booking.com a bit more to be in this Programme.

Hua Hin Night Market, Hua Hin (450 yards from centre) – Beach nearby.

Overlooking the Gulf of Thailand, Hilton Hua Hin offers prime beachfront accommodation with stunning views and access to a first-rate spa. It features a beach-side pool and 5 dining options.

In high demand! Booked 26 times in the last 24 hours.
    Another 5 star hotel and resort is the superb Dusit Thani, but it is 9.3 miles from the town centre.
    Dusit Thani Hua Hin hotel (5 stars)

Cha Am (9.3 miles from centre)

Overlooking the Gulf of Thailand, Dusit Thani Hua Hin sits on Thailand’s western coast, steps from a private beachfront. It boasts a large outdoor pool, spa and fitness facilities.

In high demand! Booked 4 times in the last 24 hours.
    Just 2.5 miles from the town centre is the 5 star Hyatt Regency:

Hyatt Regency Hua Hin hotel (5 stars)

Khao Takiab, Hua Hin (2.5 miles from centre) – Beach nearby.

This luxurious 5-star beachfront property boasts a large lagoon pool set in 12.5 acres of tropical landscapes.
    Just south of Hua Hin, in Kao Takiap, 3.7 miles from the town centre is the 4 star Anantasila beach front hotel:

Anantasila Villa by the sea, Hua Hin Beachfront (4 stars)

Khao Takiab, Hua Hin (3.7 miles from centre) – Beach nearby.

A lovely beachfront property just outside Hua Hin Town, Anantasila Villa offers a relaxing getaway with an outdoor pool and sea-facing restaurant. Rooms and villas are nestled amidst tropical gardens....
    I hope some of the above recommendations give you food for thought, Marsilius.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Marsilius (January 8th, 2019)

Liked

Many thanks for your suggestions which I will certainly explore further. Personally I am quite taken with the idea of Hua Hin, but my travelling companion is not a particularly good sailor. Do you know whether it is usually a rough crossing from Pattaya?
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Marsilius, please see the post by ChristianPFC dated February 4th, 2017, which I have quoted below, it was taken from the topic: https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ar-s-Day/page8 .

You will note he made a comprehensive report on his blog, which I hope answers some of your questions. He also rather helpfully provided a link to his blog.

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    With everyone else chickened out, it was left to me to ride and report:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/201...d-hua-hin.html

A pleasant ride, I wish them success and I will take the ferry again whenever I can combine Pattaya and Hua Hin.

For those interested: Live west under each seat, no Chinese tour groups.

Liked

Once again, many thanks, Jellybean. You clearly have an encyclopaedic knowledge of past posts!

Any other recommendations from fellow members are, of course, still very welcome...

Liked

I just (6jan2019) took the ferry for the second time and got slightly seasick on the ride. I never had this before on boat rides, and only once on a very curvy bus ride (Luang Phrabang to Chiang Mai).
    Current price is 1250 THB economy and travel time 13:00-15:15. (They advertise 2 hours, but it takes longer.)

Liked

Thanks, Christian. That's useful information. The ferry company's website isn't too informative, but I've e-mailed them to ask whether the service operates (weather permitting) every day of the year, so that I can book Hua Hin accommodation regardless of date without worrying how to get there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I’m sure you will hear from them in due course, but I did read that they suspended the ferry service for several months last year due to high seas. I cannot remember where I saw this or the dates, sorry. I presume it’s during the wet Season.

Liked

Well, if Christian got seasick in, presumably, mild sea conditions, I can quite see why suspension in heavier seas would be likely!

Forum's veteran
    Liked