FYI...Sharing this...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1395...9057760418080/

From Facebook posting by Tod Daniels
Admin of Thai Visa Advice on Facebook

"Okay, I have a draft copy of the Thai language amendments to the Police order 138/2557 concerning the proof of funds when using the income method for extensions of stays based on being over 50, being married to a Thai & raising half-Thai children. :O It was issued on the 21st and is stamped the 26th of Dec.

Now that police order is different from the one 327/2557 in so far as they spell out different things (and the same things different ways). The 138/2557 is the supporting documents and provisos for extensions and 327/2557 is the Criteria and Conditions. You really use them in conjunction with each other but all I have is the first one.

The banked money method is unchanged, the requisite funds in a Thai bank account in your name for the seasoning period before you apply for your extension.

-For countries that still issue the income affidavit they will still be accepted like normal.

-For countries that don't issue them any more you need to show 40K baht (for marriage/raising kids) per month (every month). This can be in the form of tax statements based on employment here in Thailand OR in transfers to a Thai bank account from overseas for 12 months before you apply for your extension and for retirement you need to show 65K baht a month per month (every month) for 12 months before you apply for your extension.

There is a post on the Thai visa forum where someone says the immigration office is going to "work" with people this first year and allow less than a full year's worth of transfers to be shown

BUT

Unfortunately that's not how I'm reading the Thai version.

It says for the first year when someone retires they are not obligated to show the 12 months of deposits via bank transfers. They use an example of IF you retire in Oct you only need to show the deposits from Nov on. It doesn't make any reference to an allowance for the first year THIS new amendment takes effect.

I am hoping that in the other police order 327/2557 they will address this because it's the one that lists seasoning of funds etc. Until I get my hands on that one you know as much as I do.

I am sorry if this raises more questions than it answers.."

End of post.

Tj