Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018. Those we lost.

Liked

2018. Those we lost.

2018 proved to be as depressing as expected in terms of Gayville Pattaya. Oscars went and is showing no signs of revival, especially since the main draw of watching the goings on at BBB now ends at 12.00am. Even Panorama Pub now appears to be on it's last legs. Ting Tong Red also went and this was perhaps the biggest shock. Clearly run by someone with energy, an eye for business and excellent customer skills it dominated the plaza and looked quite a solid enterprise. Krazy Pub also closed it's doors and so the delightful Frenchman who owned it is no longer part of the Sunee fixtures and fittings. Prisma also breathed it's last although to be air it was on life support for it's entire carnation. Rumours about Goodboys closing proved to be unfounded so for the time being it battles on.

On a brighter note I'm delighted that Eros is still managing to keep going even though it's a hand to mouth operation. The best thing to happen was the re-opening of Cafe Royal as Boys Music. It is Chinese money that funded it and if it succeeds then more will surely follow. Jomtien goes from strength to strength and this will continue for a while until the landlords decide to cut themselves a larger slice of the action as lease renewals come up. A go go bar or two down there would really cement it's position and it can be done because Monty did it.

Let's hope for a good 2019.
    Happy New Year everyone.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: 2018. Those we lost.

Monty’s place was called The Enchanted Hut...It was not a gogo but featured traditional Thai Dance, it also served food..There was for a very short time a go go I forget the name it was closed by the police and there was an understanding that bars could operate but not any gogo bars.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...-Enchanted-Hut
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Much as we are looking forward to our return in a few weeks, it is with some degree of trepidation. Our previous two trips (October and June) were enjoyed but Boyztown itself was depressing. Sunee I visited only twice for the same reason, though Winners seemed to be doing well.
    Arsenal's comment about Panorama is particularly worrying.Of all the venues in Pattaya, it is where I've spent the most time, even after the arrival on the scene of a Certain Person who has changed my routines.
    Indeed, it has always been my view that, am I to receive my just reward for a lifetime of probity and moderation, my Eternity should be spent there, watching the cute guys sashay past on their way to the go go bars.
    But alas! that was the Boyztown of more than decade ago. In June, I would sit there for my usual Bir Singh while P. took his customary (and interminable) evening shower and see not a soul walking past. Even a year ago there were playful hosts at Oscar's to keep me entertained .
    So now we divide our time between the Jomtien and Boyztown, the former offering decent and quiet hotels, plenty of guys and, at least in one soi, a degree of vibrancy Nevertheless, we should take heart at the amount of money that has been spent on Ambiance and LCR and hope that the remaining bars are recipients of similar largesse. If Panorama shares Oscar's fate I suspect that P. and I (neither of whom have liked show bars since the days of the all-male Throb) will transfer our allegiance to Jomtien.

4. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (January 1st, 2019)

Liked

" A go go bar or two down there would really cement it's position ..." [Jomtien]

Totally agree!!!

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Krazy Pub also closed it's doors... Prisma also breathed it's last ... it's entire carnation. ... would really cement it's position
    I speak perfect English
    Welcome to 2019

Liked

2018 proved to be as depressing as expected in terms of Gayville Pattaya. Oscars went and is showing no signs of revival, especially since the main draw of watching the goings on at BBB now ends at 12.00am. Even Panorama Pub now appears to be on it's last legs. Ting Tong Red also went and this was perhaps the biggest shock. Clearly run by someone with energy, an eye for business and excellent customer skills it dominated the plaza and looked quite a solid enterprise. Krazy Pub also closed it's doors and so the delightful Frenchman who owned it is no longer part of the Sunee fixtures and fittings. Prisma also breathed it's last although to be air it was on life support for it's entire carnation. Rumours about Goodboys closing proved to be unfounded so for the time being it battles on.

On a brighter note I'm delighted that Eros is still managing to keep going even though it's a hand to mouth operation. The best thing to happen was the re-opening of Cafe Royal as Boys Music. It is Chinese money that funded it and if it succeeds then more will surely follow. Jomtien goes from strength to strength and this will continue for a while until the landlords decide to cut themselves a larger slice of the action as lease renewals come up. A go go bar or two down there would really cement it's position and it can be done because Monty did it.

Let's hope for a good 2019.
    Happy New Year everyone.
    Is there anything to prevent the creation of go-go bars in Jomtien? Are there any so-called restrictive covenants? Can it be done?
    I agree that Jomtien appears to be the emerging force of Gay Pattaya. I love it there, yet I recall the old days of a vibrant Sunee with deep affection and a profound sense of loss.

In June of 2018, speaking to Pai at the Sunee Plaza bar (green chairs/white chairs) I asked her where the farang had gone after leaving Sunee. She was of the opinion that many had relocated to pastures new e.g. Vietnam and Cambodia and that they had found their Nirvana within those lands. Could it be so and if so where? Siem Reap? Sihanoukville? Ho Chi Minh City? Hanoi? Do our former fellow fans of Sunee know something we don't? Have they indeed found their Nirvana?

Liked

Two other bars which closed was 360 degree boy, and then later in the same facilities, Big boys agogo.

Liked

Krazy Pub also closed it's doors and so the delightful Frenchman who owned it is no longer part of the Sunee fixtures and fittings.
    It was called Sky boy bar. Not Krazy pub.

Liked

Dont waste your time frequent. I'm not the one who hides behind his ignorre button.

Enjoy your retirement. Keeping busy?

Banned
    Liked

Keeping busy?
    It’s almost a full time job changing the incontinence pads. Thank god for servants

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (January 1st, 2019), neddy3 (January 1st, 2019), snotface (January 1st, 2019)