Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stickyrice

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Stickyrice

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I believe that Christian's blog is about Thailand (with perhaps the merest nod to other countries} whereas Utopia Gay Asia is about the whole continent. If only there were a clue in the name.
    But then pfc does give uptodate and often a bit hilarious and not that always ohso PC and honour the advertiser leave any naughty outside info.
    Its some time ago I now I last checked that Ut-as and then it was at least 5-6 years out of date for BKK. I sent a general note in their then forum to tell this and this was refused, but no update was made.
    The still in print BKK mag and maps come out around ev 2 monthes and can be found at the paying advertisers.

Liked

Has anyone been lucky enough to decipher Pong's musings. God knows I've tried my best.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

3. User who gave Like to post:

pennyboy (December 31st, 2018)

Liked

Just thinking the same thing,Smiles.I assume it is not only I ?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Has anyone been lucky enough to decipher Pong's musings. God knows I've tried my best.
    me

But then pfc does give uptodate and often a bit hilarious and not that always ohso PC and honour the advertiser leave any naughty outside info.
    This is about Christian and his blog

Its some time ago I now I last checked that Ut-as and then it was at least 5-6 years out of date for BKK. I sent a general note in their then forum to tell this and this was refused, but no update was made.
    This is about Utopia Asia's outdated info and Pong's attempts to fix it

The still in print BKK mag and maps come out around ev 2 monthes and can be found at the paying advertisers.
    this is about not correct maps in magazines nowadays
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 30th, 2018), Doofus (December 30th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Moses apparently (see post above this). Makes sense as they both studied with the same English teacher.

8. User who gave Like to post:

francois (December 31st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Moses apparently (see post above this). Makes sense as they both studied with the same English teacher.
    In that case, English teacher bad.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Without a link, only the OP knows which website he is referring to. But the only stickyrice I know is http://www.stickyrice.ws/ (content is gone), whereas your link still works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Sticyrice was owned by Phil Graham.......Haven’t seen him in years.
    Another stickyrice? Not the person I know as the owner of stickyrice website. As we know from the forums, there are all kinds of impostors around in Thailand, but I have no doubt my friend is the author of stickyrice.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Without a link, only the OP knows which website he is referring to. But the only stickyrice I know is http://www.stickyrice.ws/ (content is gone), whereas your link still works.

Another stickyrice? Not the person I know as the owner of stickyrice website. As we know from the forums, there are all kinds of impostors around in Thailand, but I have no doubt my friend is the author of stickyrice.
    You do not know what you are talking about....believe it or not there was a gay Thailand before you came......Sticky Rice was a small magazine owned then by Phil Graham.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (December 30th, 2018), frequent (December 30th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

In that case, English teacher bad.
    Isn't it amazing that someone from the home of "Singlish" is such an expert in the English language! A Catholic school in Houston is a more likely source of such expertise

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Sticky Rice was a small magazine owned then by Phil Graham.
    Correct. I still have a few copies from 2005. By 2007 it had become Spice!, still run by Phil Graham. I dealt with Phil personally because he published a few articles of mine. Funnily enough, I saw him walking past with other farangs in Jomtien Complex about a week ago, first time I'd seen him in a long time, though we didn't speak (and he probably wouldn't remember me).