Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekly crackdown nets hundreds more foreigners

Liked

Weekly crackdown nets hundreds more foreigners

Weekly crackdown nets hundreds more foreigners
    By The Nation
    [/URL]
    FILE photo

Another 537 foreigners were arrested by Immigration police on Thursday after raids on 225 locations around the country targeting those living illegally in Thailand.

Pol Maj Gen Itthitpol Itthisarnronnachai, deputy commissioner of the Immigration Bureau, held a press conference in central Bangkok at 1.45am on Friday to announce the results of the 27th Operation X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner.

Itthitpol said the latest arrests followed searches by immigration officials on 225 places frequented by foreigners, including language and normal schools.

He said 45 were charged with overstaying their visas, 284 with sneaking into Thailand without visas and 208 with staying or working in the Kingdom without informing the authorities of their residential addresses or work places.

So far 5,978 foreigners have been arrested as a result of 6,013 searches nationwide in 41 operations.

These searches were earlier named “Operation Black Eagles” because they focused on those from Africa, Nigeria, but have since been given the less provocative title of “Operation X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner”.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/deta...gnews/30360883

Last edited by Moses; December 21st, 2018 at 15:51. Reason: html cleanup
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Weekly crackdown nets hundreds more foreigners

I agree with the Thai. A nation should enforce its laws. No country in the world allows foreigners to just enter and go without any formal procedure.
    You can't also just work in another country.
    Am I the only one not to feel any pity for those arrested? Long overdue.

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (December 21st, 2018), dinagam (December 21st, 2018), lonelywombat (December 22nd, 2018), travelerjim (December 22nd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I agree with the Thai. A nation should enforce its laws. No country in the world allows foreigners to just enter and go without any formal procedure.
    You can work in another country as long as you don't get caught; someone has to do the dirty work.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    You can work in another country as long as you don't get caught;
    Just ask Matt

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post

I know there's a large right-wing wave consuming many countries around the world at the moment, but it's not going to stop globalization. At some point governments are going to have to wake up to the reality that globalization is real, it's here to stay, and it's not going away.

This whole nationalist bullshit that has spread across the world in recent years is dumfounding to me, because for probably at least the last 12 years, if I want to land a contract with a new client, I'm competing with everyone in the world, not just the people in my country. Globalization is the norm for me, and has been for well over a decade, so still uncertain as to why there's such animosity against it. Might as well just embrace globalization, because it's only going to progress as the years tick by.

Liked

He said 45 were charged with overstaying their visas, 284 with sneaking into Thailand without visas and 208 with staying or working in the Kingdom without informing the authorities of their residential addresses or work places.
    these people have obviously just sneaked in or started overstaying recently because Big Joke's last announcement was that were were now 0 (zero) illegals and overstays in the kingdom after the success of the last raids

bkkguy

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I know there's a large right-wing wave consuming many countries around the world at the moment, but it's not going to stop globalization. At some point governments are going to have to wake up to the reality that globalization is real, it's here to stay, and it's not going away.

This whole nationalist bullshit that has spread across the world in recent years is dumfounding to me, because for probably at least the last 12 years, if I want to land a contract with a new client, I'm competing with everyone in the world, not just the people in my country. Globalization is the norm for me, and has been for well over a decade, so still uncertain as to why there's such animosity against it. Might as well just embrace globalization, because it's only going to progress as the years tick by.
    Or they could follow your noble example Matt and just ignore every law that inconveniences you - immigration, tax, you name it. More similarities to Trump when you think about it

9. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (December 25th, 2018)

Liked

How does someone sneak into Thailand without a visa?

Liked

make a land crossing at somewhere which is not an official crossing point?
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie99 View Post
    How does someone sneak into Thailand without a visa?

ATV / boat / walk through the jungle.
    n