Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Retired and disabled visits to Thailand

Liked

Retired and disabled visits to Thailand

In November I noticed a man being pushed through Jomtien in a wheelchair. I was impressed and noticed him a couple of more times before I left.
    I mentioned this at home and was asked how would any disabled person make contact, if they visited Pattaya?
    I can recall people I think were gay being helped walking the streets and in the malls.Some had helpers. Do I know how they made contact? No.
    My friend who works for a gay disabled group was asked and he admitted he had arranged unofficially for moneyboys to visit, and yes he had assisted to prepare his client, but did not take further part.
    We discussed the flights and he stated that disabled are met at the airport, helped through all the way and handed to over to a crew member who guides him to a seat. At the other end airline staff take him through to his taxi.
    So transport is not the big problem its what happens when he leaves the airport.
    I have seen one walking stick and sometimes two, walking frames and some with limited sight.
    But how do people make contact with helpers?

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

kittyboy (December 21st, 2018), sglad (December 21st, 2018)

Liked

Re: Retired and disabled visits to Thailand

My friend who works for a gay disabled group was asked and he admitted he had arranged unofficially for moneyboys to visit, and yes he had assisted to prepare his client, but did not take further part
    You're friend is a pimp? Don't get me wrong, I think it's an excellent business model.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (December 22nd, 2018), frequent (December 22nd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    In November I noticed a man being pushed through Jomtien in a wheelchair. I was impressed and noticed him a couple of more times before I left.
    I mentioned this at home and was asked how would any disabled person make contact, if they visited Pattaya?
    I can recall people I think were gay being helped walking the streets and in the malls.Some had helpers. Do I know how they made contact? No.
    My friend who works for a gay disabled group was asked and he admitted he had arranged unofficially for moneyboys to visit, and yes he had assisted to prepare his client, but did not take further part.
    We discussed the flights and he stated that disabled are met at the airport, helped through all the way and handed to over to a crew member who guides him to a seat. At the other end airline staff take him through to his taxi.
    So transport is not the big problem its what happens when he leaves the airport.
    I have seen one walking stick and sometimes two, walking frames and some with limited sight.
    But how do people make contact with helpers?
    I don't have the answers to your questions, lonelywombat, but I thank you for making the above post. We live in a diverse world and I don't see why people with special needs shouldn't be able to experience and enjoy Thailand the way we do. I have found Thai people to be very accommodating and service-oriented and I hope somebody will have the answers to your questions. Is your friend who works with the special needs group in Australia or Thailand? If he's in Thailand, perhaps he can make a few recommendations?

6. User who gave Like to post:

kittyboy (December 21st, 2018)

Liked

It sure is much cheaper to hire a helper in Thailand if you are disabled and plan to retire in Thailand.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    You're friend is a pimp? Don't get me wrong, I think it's an excellent business model.
    He is an unpaid volunteer I think your cheap suggestion is foul
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
    It sure is much cheaper to hire a helper in Thailand if you are disabled and plan to retire in Thailand.
    Are you able to supply some comparative costs?