Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hiv test and prep

Liked

hiv test and prep

I want to take a thai friend of mine for the aids test , and never having 1 taken in pattaya can some one advise where i should take him.and cost . Also i want to get him started on prep so would like to know the cost of that for him and where he should go to get it

Banned
    Liked

Re: hiv test and prep

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    I want to take a thai friend of mine for the aids test , and never having 1 taken in pattaya can some one advise where i should take him.and cost . Also i want to get him started on prep so would like to know the cost of that for him and where he should go to get it
    I understand that PrEP is available at a cost of around 30 baht a day but at that cost only from the Red Cross clinic in Bangkok. I'm not sure whether the clinic carries out any of the monitoring that is recommended for those on the drug eg. kidney functions. However Google has kindly provided a list of clinics across Thailand for those who care to use it - https://www.testbkk.org/en/news/wher...-prep-thailand - that purports to provide PrEP inexpensively and Pattaya does have a number of clinics mentioned. I imagine they also do STD testing or can recommend somewhere

Liked

It seems by the lack of replys that guys arnt bothered in checking out their hiv status 158 views but only 1 reply

Banned
    Liked

It seems by the lack of replys that guys arnt bothered in checking out their hiv status 158 views but only 1 reply
    You should be focused on the quality of the replies - did the one reply you get not give you all the information you needed? gerefan2 had the same problem when he asked about his Will, except that he received a number of worthless replies as well as a single helpful one. Quantity means nothing - you should focus on the quality members who provide helpful responses; the poster who did reply to your questions and the poster who gave gerefan2 his helpful reply

Banned
    Liked

In Pattaya I've often heard of Dr Olivier being mentioned for HIV and sex-health related issues, gay and straight. He should be your first stop. I'm quite sure I read somewhere (Gaybuttonthai?) that he has treated Thai guys with HIV.

Google "Dr Olivier Clinic Pattaya".

Liked

I purchased the generic version of prep at a pharmacy on rama 4 road near surawonge.
    It was 900 baht per 30 pill bottle. I went to the red cross and got hiv testing prior to buying prep. It was an over the counter purchase.

7. User who gave Like to post:

ktq (June 8th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    In Pattaya I've often heard of Dr Olivier being mentioned for HIV and sex-health related issues, gay and straight. He should be your first stop. I'm quite sure I read somewhere (Gaybuttonthai?) that he has treated Thai guys with HIV.

Google "Dr Olivier Clinic Pattaya".
    The HIV doctor is Dr. Phillippe from HEARTT 2000, he has been treating the boys and girls of Pattaya for at least 20 years now
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Eddie (December 19th, 2018), francois (December 17th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    The HIV doctor is Dr. Phillippe from HEARTT 2000, he has been treating the boys and girls of Pattaya for at least 20 years now
    My apologies. It is Dr Phllipe Seur. I remembered it was a French name and got it mixed up with Dr Olivier.

The Heartt 2000 website seems to be down though.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I may be completely wrong here but I thought the good doctor had moved on?
    I remember an event last year where they announced Heart 2000 would no longer be handing out condoms etc and I thought it was to close?
    Any ideas?

Liked

there was a fundraising event for HEARTT 2000 in BT on world AIDs day (Dec 1st) and Dr. Phillippe was pictured quite prominently in some of the social media pics that I saw.
    So I think he is still working his magic around Pattaya
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

13. User who gave Like to post:

Eddie (December 20th, 2018)