Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Retiring in thailand

Banned
    Liked

Re: Retiring in thailand

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Yes Matt is a criminal. No taxes paid,, no visa and lived in a country until he was forcibly deported.
    Did he say he was blind...yet again?
    Not to mention his promotion of the Bitcoin scam so beloved of his Mafia customers

Liked

As 'ManForAllSeasons' so succinctly puts it: "YES"!

(Did the OP mean just a yes-or-no response, or did he expect elaboration?)
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

No. The main reason being the heat.

Also I don’t like the bugs. The dirty rat infested beaches. The noisy bikes and buses. The air pollution. The crappy infrastructure. The dangerous electrical things. Visa paperwork. The fungi, bacteria, and all the viruses. The hard to learn language.

But before someone says why don’t I go home then, the easy sex makes up for it all. Sex I could not get so easy if I was home. But I’m only here for half the year. I tend to get into unhealthy habits here in los. Like eat too much sugar, can’t pass up the nineteen baht Burger King Sundaes! And lack of exercise, though I walk more here.

Liked

No.

Only visit for holidays and sex!

5. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (December 12th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    But I’m only here for half the year. I tend to get into unhealthy habits here in los. .
    I too do about 4 or 5 months a year. It’s all I can take with their funny ways! So, No I couldn’t retire here although I have thought about it a lot.

On this trip I have only been here about 10 days (out of three months) and I’m already thinking I couldn’t live here permanently

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Yes Matt is a criminal. No taxes paid,, no visa and lived in a country until he was forcibly deported.
    Did he say he was blind...yet again?
    I was always understood that with a bit of creative accounting, taxes were optional.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mr giggles View Post
    I was always understood that with a bit of creative accounting, taxes were optional.
    Maybe they are, but I side with the American Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes who said "Taxes are what we pay for a civilized society" and if you believe Matt there's nowhere more civilized than Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No

I just officially retired and wouldn't have a chance in hell of having a young naked brown boy laying next to me in bed if I had chosen to retire back in the U.S., thus the reason (and only reason) I retired in Thailand.

I can't find a can opener that works more than 2 times before one of the blades falls off and I need a hammer and screw driver to open a can of beans.
    Getting a salt shaker that actually works without shaking uneatable raw rice on my food is always a thrill.
    Driving here requires suicidal instincts - I do the sign of the cross every time I park my motorbike.
    The air pollution is so bad that I've discarded any inclinations to quit smoking.
    Every time a boy asks me "where you from - how long you here" I try to remember what it was like fucking his father.
    Realizing that not understanding a word of what they are saying is actually a blessing.
    Thai food sucks (sorry, not in that camp) and having those hot chilies constantly burning the shit out of my eyes is such a delight.

Yes, I Love Thailand...but for one reason, and one reason only!

10. 13 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 17th, 2018), aussie_ (December 16th, 2018), BenCH (December 12th, 2018), bobsaigon2 (December 12th, 2018), francois (December 12th, 2018), frequent (December 12th, 2018), gerefan2 (December 12th, 2018), goji (December 13th, 2018), Manforallseasons (December 12th, 2018), Marsilius (December 12th, 2018), Moses (December 17th, 2018), poshglasgow (December 18th, 2018), snotface (December 13th, 2018)

Liked

I lived in Bangkok for 1.5 year 10 years ago, just to test the water before I dive in. At the end, I got bored, and left.
    And now, I have more money, and sex is not my priority anymore.
    So, no I do not want to spend my retirement years in Thailand.

12. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (December 17th, 2018)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
    I lived in Bangkok for 1.5 year 10 years ago, just to test the water before I dive in. At the end, I got bored, and left.
    And now, I have more money, and sex is not my priority anymore.
    So, no I do not want to spend my retirement years in Thailand.
    All things considered why would you?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

14. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (December 18th, 2018)