Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to site - seeking Thailand friends & driver

Liked

New to site - seeking Thailand friends & driver

Hi there. I am new to this site.
    I am visiting Bangkok and Pattaya (for starters) Early next year.
    Please read my profile to see what I am looking for and message or email only if you are interested or want more details.

Liked

Re: New to site - seeking Thailand friends & driver

" ... Please read my profile to see what I am looking for ... "
    It would probably help if you provided some kind of link to your profile (wherever that would be), so we could actually read your profile.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    It would probably help if you provided some kind of link to your profile (wherever that would be), so we could actually read your profile.
    It's all there if you just click on his moniker and then choose the About Me tab. Aussie policeman(?) with a weakness for Asian men in uniform. Unfortunately I don't believe the Salvation Army are active in Thailand

Liked

Wow ... thanks for the hint, but I never knew that. My so-called 'profile' is completely empty. This is the first time I've ever peeked in. Nothing in 'About Me'. Apparently I have no 'Friends'. 3 'Infractions' though I don't know what I did. I have 5300 posts ... does that mean anything?
    Why would anyone bother with that? Rugby? Bunch of crazed animals.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 8th, 2018), francois (December 8th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Rugby? Bunch of crazed animals.
    All that sodomy in the boarding school dormitories, Smiles

Forum's veteran
    Liked

When I first started coming to Pattaya, around the turn of the century, Allan ran this forum in its earliest days.
    He would organize a ‘meet and greet’, periodically for posters. I met several other farangs who were looking to
    meet new people and formed some long lasting acquaintances.
    The last one I went to was monopolized by a grieving farang and was quite depressing. There was ‘no joy in
    Mudville’ that day.
    It was a good way to meet new people.

Liked

Yes, the one meeting we went to was held in Sunnee. It was quite nice really although GayButton couldn't put the microphone down. There I met Colmx (still posting here, and still with same boyfriend) and TopJohn (a Canadian who rarely posts here and I think lives in Cambodia now).
    These meet & greets petered out and I've not heard about anything like those groups for many years now.

PS .... Cat, Allan never 'ran' this message board. His board was named GayPattaya and Sawatdee started getting busy only when his members illegally immigrated to this Board when he shut down GayPattaya.

9. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (December 8th, 2018)

Liked

The "meet and greet" that I attended was held at Le Cafe Royale. I see that, like Smiles, I've been a member since 2004 so I guess it was maybe around that date. About 10 people attended, though I don't think any were complete newbies to Thailand (I, for instance, had been visiting 2 or 3 times a year since 1993). The organiser was an English expat who died within a few years after that. I cannot recall his name for sure (it may have been David?) but he was a very helpful chap: for example, even before I'd met him for the first time he sorted out a problem with a hotel booking by going there in person for me while I was in the UK.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

11. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 8th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    ... (it may have been David?) ... .
    I believe Marsilius that you are thinking of a guy from the boards who's board handle was 'David-in-Pattaya'. He definitely was one of those people who love arranging and hosting such events. He was a tad anal on many topics regarding Thailand and he hyper-posted on any and every board. I think he kind of thought he was some kind granddaddy of Thailand knowledge. It wouldn't surprise me one iota that he would help you out without even knowing you.
    He passed away quite some years ago.

We seem to have taken over BigBruces' topic. Sorry mate! Us old fuckers are continually wallowing in the past. Too much ...

Liked

Welcome aboard
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com