For those who have never been, Morlam is an outdoor Isaan music concert. It is usually held in an open space on Third Road in Pattaya (see below).

They held one last night Wed 5 December and so I was coerced into taking a couple of boys there. One was to meet us there and the other was to pick me up at 8.30. By 9 he hadn’t tuned up and his phone was off. The other one called to say he was waiting outside and could I get there on a motor bike taxi. (How the fuck do they manage to run the country like this?).

Anyway, I got on a taxi and the bugger dropped me at a very similar looking place and then I discovered it was just a market, but with identical lighting...another motorbike taxi got me to the right place at 9.15! In the mean time boy1 called me saying he was waiting outside my condo...(how the fuck do they manage it??)!

This Morlam concert was therefore on Third Road somewhere past Pattaya Klang, heading North.

Anyway for newbies it is 140 baht to get in and 100 baht for a large bottle of Chang beer. No other beers available. The concert seems to start at about 8.30 but the place doesn’t really fill until about 10.00. There must have been several thousand there then and it was great fun.

Rent a chair each as you go in, plus one extra...to use as a bar! 30 baht each.

Morlam finishes about 1 or 2 a.m. but I was itching to go to Boyz Music by 1230, for some decent beer, so we left then.

Recomended if you haven’t been before, but best take a reliable (time keeping) boy with you.

If you can find one anywhere!