Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morlam, Pattaya

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Morlam, Pattaya

For those who have never been, Morlam is an outdoor Isaan music concert. It is usually held in an open space on Third Road in Pattaya (see below).

They held one last night Wed 5 December and so I was coerced into taking a couple of boys there. One was to meet us there and the other was to pick me up at 8.30. By 9 he hadn’t tuned up and his phone was off. The other one called to say he was waiting outside and could I get there on a motor bike taxi. (How the fuck do they manage to run the country like this?).

Anyway, I got on a taxi and the bugger dropped me at a very similar looking place and then I discovered it was just a market, but with identical lighting...another motorbike taxi got me to the right place at 9.15! In the mean time boy1 called me saying he was waiting outside my condo...(how the fuck do they manage it??)!

This Morlam concert was therefore on Third Road somewhere past Pattaya Klang, heading North.

Anyway for newbies it is 140 baht to get in and 100 baht for a large bottle of Chang beer. No other beers available. The concert seems to start at about 8.30 but the place doesn’t really fill until about 10.00. There must have been several thousand there then and it was great fun.

Rent a chair each as you go in, plus one extra...to use as a bar! 30 baht each.

Morlam finishes about 1 or 2 a.m. but I was itching to go to Boyz Music by 1230, for some decent beer, so we left then.

Recomended if you haven’t been before, but best take a reliable (time keeping) boy with you.

If you can find one anywhere!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Morlam, Pattaya

Piccies

Concert, bar, and then play find your motorbike!
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. 7 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (December 7th, 2018), arsenal (December 8th, 2018), christianpfc (December 12th, 2018), Manforallseasons (December 6th, 2018), Smiles (December 7th, 2018), splinter1949 (December 7th, 2018), TaoR (January 6th, 2019)

Liked

Lol at meeting two boys and being reliant on their timekeeping. Meeting one drives me up the wall.

5. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (December 6th, 2018)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Morlam is a time to avoid the bars as the staffs will be at the event. Please keep us posted when the next one is!

B.T.W. Great pics!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 8th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    For those who have never been, Morlam is an outdoor Isaan music concert. It is usually held in an open space on Third Road in Pattaya (see below).

This Morlam concert was therefore on Third Road somewhere past Pattaya Klang, heading North.
    I believe it is on Third Road at Soi Excite (the old road name when Excite was there). Across from Cherry's Restaurant.

Liked

There was another morlam event this evening (Friday) on Theprasit Road (wide space near DeLuxe I am said), featuring the Jai Koen Roi group.
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com

Liked

There are at least four Morlum sites in Pattaya. Pattaya north 3rd road, Xzyte on 3rd road. Theprassit road near the Colosseum and another across from Big C south. I like the music and many good looking and friendly guys go to Morlum that you never see in the bars. I hooked up with new friends at the last two Morlums but the rain finished the fun early at last night's Morlum at Theprassit road.

Banned
    Liked

I find the music repetitive but some of the dancing boys are quite attractive. I posted a pic of one in my Isaan report of May last year when there was a Morlam all-night concert in the village where we were staying

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    ...but some of the dancing boys are quite attractive.
    I find those costumes and make-up highly unattractive. My dislike of the costumes and makeup overrides everything else. When they (sometimes boys who don't work there, just got a chance to dress and makeup like the performers) post pictures of themselves in costume and or makeup, several points deduction on attractiveness scale.

Liked

The next concert not so far from Pattaya is on February 15 in Muang Chonburi. It will be shown "Sao Noi Petchbarnbeng" (สาว น้อย เพชร บ้านแพง) at the Temple Festival. I think the concert ends 6 or 7 in the morning. I copy the address in Thai:

งานประจำปีวัดดอน ำรงธรรม ต.ดอนหัวฬ่อ(อมตะนค ร)อ.เมือง จ.ชลบุรี
    15กพ.สาวน้อยเพชรบ้ นแพง

I will always try to update Morlum concerts in or near Pattaya whenever you want.
    Or for every other place too