Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning the local language and an "intellectual debate"

Banned
    Liked

Re: Every home should have one - the Squatty Potty

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Technically, I don't owe any taxes at the moment. I guess the Canadian government can come after me for the 2018 tax year, but that's about it. Revenue Canada can only come after you for taxes for the last 10 years, and since 2005 I've only lived in Canada for one year -- 2008 in Vancouver. So I'm scott free when it comes to the Canadian government.

In Europe I was on tourist VISAs the entire time, and tourists aren't legally obligated to pay taxes. Then in Thailand I was an illegal immigrant, and they black listed me for 5 years, so pretty sure they're not expecting any tax money out of me either.

I might have to pay Revenue Canada for 2018, because I've been in Canada majority of the year hence am considered a resident now, but that's about it.

What's your stance on paralell universes? There's quite a few theories floating around, but I'm going for the multiverse theory personally. Our universe is just one of many, and each universe is just floating around out there in its own circular bubble.

How long do you think it will be before quantum computing is available to the mainstream public? That's really going to fuck up things like online security, eh? All the encryption algorithims we currently rely on will be useless. AES, RSA, DSA, ECDH, SHA, PGP, all out the window.
    So as I’ve said all along, not only don’t you believe the Immigration laws should apply to you, you don’t believe the tax laws should either. Legal immigration status has nothing to do with taxpayer status by the way. You really are the Entitled Millennial I’ve said you were all along - and a third-rate mind to boot. As for “when” something mighty happen in the future that is speculation and as a Buddhist yourself you will recall that that is something the Buddha counselled against. You are still claiming the superiority of Buddhism?

Liked

I would have happily paid taxes in Thailand in exchange for a VISA. It's not my fault their immigration laws are outdated.

Banned
    Liked

I would have happily paid taxes in Thailand in exchange for a VISA. It's not my fault their immigration laws are outdated.
    Of course not, you’re merely an Entitled Millennial who believes you know best how a foreign country should frame its laws. It gives you a nice get out from answering the question about moral imperatives too since you are clearly a moral vacuum

Liked

Answer my questions about paralell universes and quantum computing first, and I'll answer your question.

Banned
    Liked

Answer my questions about paralell universes and quantum computing first, and I'll answer your question.
    I haven't asked a question that now requires an answer; you have already supplied it and I have come to the inevitable conclusion - see my previous post. As I said, you did not ask a question about parallel universes and quantum computing; you invited me to indulge in speculation and a true Buddhist would not do such a thing - https://www.thoughtco.com/buddhism-a...physics-450059

Liked

Ok, fine, then I will ask an actual question. Hopefully you can give me an answer to this one at least.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Liked

Takes one to know one.

Liked

" ... Takes one to know one ... "
    Congratulations Matty. You've just managed to actually put to use one of the most sophomoric and puerile cliches in the english language. And then ... to add a smiley of all things, you obviously don't know that Smileys are cliches also.

(Just wondering, but how does a blind dude pick just the right smiley? Perhaps you throw darts?)

I doubt you'll be able to top this one ... so to speak.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Wink Re: Learning the local language and an "intellectual debate"

Nice one smiles!

I have often asked him how his sophisticated, blind, typing computer programme can possibly make spelling mistakes, but it got me nowhere...

Liked

Re: Learning the local language and an "intellectual debate"

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Nice one smiles!

I have often asked him how his sophisticated, blind, typing computer programme can possibly make spelling mistakes, but it got me nowhere...

Because I've already explained this to you idiots about 728 times, and it doesn't seem to sink in.

I use a keyboard, same as you do. Only difference is, instead of looking at the screen, I have a pair of headphones on and the Orca screen reader installed that says every letter I type.
    Notice the little bumps on the F and J keys of your keyboard? They're there for a reason -- for blind people such as myself.