Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning the local language and an "intellectual debate"

Liked

Re: Every home should have one - the Squatty Potty

They all speak Thai just as well as they speak Lao. Communication with locals will be just fine.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    They all speak Thai just as well as they speak Lao. Communication with locals will be just fine.
    As I say, utter hypocrisy. Exactly the same argument can increasingly be used about urban Thais yet you keep insisting that ex-pats should use Thai so as to "fit in"

In my local coffee shop, once I've placed my food order, they give me a number on a stand. The number they give me is always "1", to signify my rightful place in the natural order. It is a lesson you would do well to learn

Liked

Ok, then keep your communication limited to coffee shop barristas, store clerks, waitresses, and money boys. If that makes you happy, go for it.

Or you could just learn the language, and talk with ordinary folk who are just living their day-to-day lives, and enrich yourself. Up to you.

Banned
    Liked

Ok, then keep your communication limited to coffee shop barristas, store clerks, waitresses, and money boys. If that makes you happy, go for it.

Or you could just learn the language, and talk with ordinary folk who are just living their day-to-day lives, and enrich yourself. Up to you.
    "Ordinary folk" have no interest for me. Let's face it, there's no-one more ordinary than you, and you can't even work out that through a series of posts I'm leading you to admit your own hypocrisy. As for striking up a conversation with a money boy, I usually pre-empt such a thing by sticking my cock in his mouth. He's already struck up a dialogue about price with me in English before we get that far

Liked

No, I'm pretty sure I have the upper hand on this one.

What a sad life you must lead, if you do indeed live in Bangkok. Can't even leave the confines of your little farang ghetto, because if you did, you'd be totally lost. Whereas at least with me, you could drop me off in any small Thai village, and I'd be able to find my way around no problem, and I'm blind.

I thought being blind was quite isolating, but the life you made for yourself must be really isolating.

Banned
    Liked

I thought being blind was quite isolating, but the life you made for yourself must be really isolating.
    You'll never know until you try it. I note you've never lived in Bangkok nor, with the exception of the Immigration prison, have even been there recently so your knowledge of what life "must" be like is non-existent. And before you suggest I've never been outside Bangkok I suggest you re-read my Isaan post from May last year - https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?18598

Liked

You made a tourist trip to Issan. Good for you, buddy! Keep up the good work.

Banned
    Liked

You made a tourist trip to Issan. Good for you, buddy! Keep up the good work.
    With some Thais. English was spoken between us for the entire trip

Banned
    Liked

... let's have an intellectural debate if you want one. Pick a topic.
    Certainly - an “intellectural” debate is always interesting. Here’s a topic for you - “Those who live and carry out work in a particular location have a moral imperative to pay income tax there”. Perhaps you could illustrate with examples of your own income tax paying experiences across 3 continents

Liked

Technically, I don't owe any taxes at the moment. I guess the Canadian government can come after me for the 2018 tax year, but that's about it. Revenue Canada can only come after you for taxes for the last 10 years, and since 2005 I've only lived in Canada for one year -- 2008 in Vancouver. So I'm scott free when it comes to the Canadian government.

In Europe I was on tourist VISAs the entire time, and tourists aren't legally obligated to pay taxes. Then in Thailand I was an illegal immigrant, and they black listed me for 5 years, so pretty sure they're not expecting any tax money out of me either.

I might have to pay Revenue Canada for 2018, because I've been in Canada majority of the year hence am considered a resident now, but that's about it.

What's your stance on paralell universes? There's quite a few theories floating around, but I'm going for the multiverse theory personally. Our universe is just one of many, and each universe is just floating around out there in its own circular bubble.

How long do you think it will be before quantum computing is available to the mainstream public? That's really going to fuck up things like online security, eh? All the encryption algorithims we currently rely on will be useless. AES, RSA, DSA, ECDH, SHA, PGP, all out the window.