Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: China in decline

Banned
    Liked

China in decline

I've always been a China sceptic; India is where the future lies in Asia. The New York Times recently published an opinion piece putting the view that the West should care about managing China's decline - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/29/o...g-economy.html

Two things the article doesn't mention - China's rapidly ageing population, covered last year by Forbes https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapo.../#28960d5c140f - and the failure of China's water supply. Peking is now dependent on water piped hundreds of kilometres from the south - https://www.economist.com/china/2018...ersion-project

Liked

Re: China in decline

I applauded when the one-child policy was introduced. I am passionate that global population is THE problem.
    We can conserve all we like but if the population keeps increasing - particularly in non-western countries - it will end in tears.
    For a sustainable future, halting population growth was essential - and they have done it. India has not.
    For a long-term bet, I would pick China.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (December 5th, 2018)

Liked

I'm pretty sure the BRI project will take care of all of China's woes.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by NitNoi View Post
    I applauded when the one-child policy was introduced. I am passionate that global population is THE problem.
    We can conserve all we like but if the population keeps increasing - particularly in non-western countries - it will end in tears.
    For a sustainable future, halting population growth was essential - and they have done it. India has not.
    Why do you think Earth is overpopulated?

Looking at starving children in Africa looks horrible, but it is problem of Africa, not Earth.

China's one child policy dealt with regime's inability to comply with basic rules of economics, just like North Korea today. China was crumbling, and they came up with idea of limiting population, instead of trying to help themselves feed each other. There are starving people in the world, not many places, NK being one place, but it has nothing to do with "overpopulation", it has everything to do with gross mismanagement of resources, country is run like death camp. Very much like China up to mid 90s, then China figured out that people can feed themselves, if State allows them.

In the West opposite is true, at current birth rate we do not sustain our own population. If Europeans keep having about 1 child per family, we are done within 40 years, given the influx from North Africa and parts of Mid East.

Liked

Have you looked at the birth rates around the various countries in the world? We're declining, and need to start making more babies.

Over population is only a problem in small regions of the world. The rest of the world needs to get back to a birth rate of 2+.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by NitNoi View Post
    I take it you've actively chosen sodomy as a way of life in solidarity with your "passion"? Your "passion" reminds me of the Anthony Burgess novel The Wanting Seed (geddit?) which included the slogan "It's sapiens to be homo" - https://www.anthonyburgess.org/twent...-reproduction/