Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A day in Pattaya.

Liked

A day in Pattaya.

I would be lying if I said that Pattaya was overflowing with my type of boys. It isn't and last night Boyztown was virtually deserted for most of the night. However...

I started the day with a lovely breakfast at Pirate Bar as mentioned in the thread (incorrectly named ) The Pirate Bay.

After that I went into the countryside on the motorbike and among the places I went to was The Mountain Cafe (which is where I am right now, sheltering from the rain along with the giraffes)

Back to Pattaya and a massage at Royal House. The masseur was able to give a massage that was at once firm, sensual and felt like it was doing me some good. His skills in the other part were exemplary and he was rather handsome so 100 % satisfaction.

To the hotel for a couple of hours doing nothing, a considerably undervalued pastime in today's manic world.

Then back on the Honda and down to the far end of Jomtien to try a new bar.
    The Roof Top Bar is located behind Salt Restaurant on the 9th floor of the UR hotel. It's gorgeously styled and lot with candles. The infinity pool looks beautiful but for hotel guests only unfortunately. Offering uninterrupted views across the bay and furnished with huge comfy day beds it's aimed at a discerning clientele such as the members here. There is currently a 25% discount on all good and drinks. I had a shrimp, avocado and mango salad which was generous and delicious. An apple juice to drink and my total bill, including the discount and service was 353 baht which I think is more than reasonable.

Evening time in Pattaya, even when it's quiet brings it's own feeling of expectation. At least it does with me.

To Nice Boys and after a drink and a chat I offed a twice hired boy for some r & r. He was equally lovely as in the previous two times and his smile alone is worth the price of admission. As he lay across me and I caressed his perfectly smooth and soft skin we smiled cigarettes and had a delightful conversation about his forthcoming Muay Thai fight. What a juxtaposition. Beautiful.

Down to Boyztown for a coffee in Castro and then into Boys Music for the show. Buzzing and throbbing with fun and laughter the place was a fucking riot. I loved the way that myself and other single gentlemen of distinction were treated with the same welcome as groups of 6 buying bottles of Jack Daniels. 160 baht for an orange juice and the quality of the show with a revamped BBoys number and an Olympic standard gymnastic display. Later on boys come round to allow for some touchy feely and tip collecting.

Back down to Jomtien for a hot dog at Mama Berger's joint, then right along to the end of Beach Road for an iced coffee and a haze at the squid boats and the stars and to satisfy my contemplative side. Got stopped and breath tested going there and back and the fine for a farang is now 40000 baht so be aware.

Back to Pattaya and a nightcap in Royal House karaoke. There was a private party going on but I was still welcomed in without so much as a bat of the eyelid. Again, I'm not what you might call a big spender in alcohol terms. A Heineken costs 150 baht and i only ever have one. The private party had spit roasted half a lamb. They generously gave me a plateful. Twice in fact because I declined the first offer due to being full from the hotdog. Well, this lamb was sublime. Tender and juicy the skin had turned into a sweet, chewy 'toffee' than when combined with the seemingly hot chilli sauce dip was fantastic. I tried so hard but I ate the lot and felt stuffed to burst. Worth it though. I stuffed a few 20 baht notes down a few of the hosts pants and then I went home.

So that was one day for me in Pattaya. Still a fucking awesome holiday destination.

2. 10 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 30th, 2018), christianpfc (December 10th, 2018), DoubleDutch (November 30th, 2018), Jellybean (November 30th, 2018), Kenny (November 30th, 2018), llz (December 1st, 2018), Newbie99 (December 2nd, 2018), Smiles (November 30th, 2018), splinter1949 (November 30th, 2018), Tintin (December 1st, 2018)

Liked

Re: A day in Pattaya.

Moderator? Errr, not so much.
    Journalist? A-1 ... an excellent read.

Now the hard work starts: make your essay into a giant limerick.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 30th, 2018), DoubleDutch (November 30th, 2018), Manforallseasons (November 30th, 2018)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

40,000 for faring D.W.I. it is 10,000 for Thais.....I am sure there is no shortage of police wishing to work one of these checkpoints. What is the fine for driving without a “motorbike licence”?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

There were about 10 of them last night including one with a special cap so of a higher rank.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    40,000 for faring D.W.I. it is 10,000 for Thais.....I am sure there is no shortage of police wishing to work one of these checkpoints. What is the fine for driving without a “motorbike licence”?
    Still around 400.

DUI is doable for around 10.000 baht for foreigners as well, going by friend's experience week ago, if you are able to pay on the spot.

Liked

What a nice write up, arsenal. Your spirit and energy will be the envy of most pensioners.

9. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 30th, 2018)

Liked

Haha. I've got to do it all again tonight. Please have sympathy.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Where were the Police stops? At the top of the hill?

Liked

Yes. At the junction with Pratamnak. They're there most nights having discovered a new licence to print money. There's usually some poor guy who's been caught waiting around and looking crestfallen. I always feel sorry for them.

Banned
    Liked

I’m finding it difficult to erase the image of arsenal side-saddle on a motorcycle from my mind