Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IconSiam Bangkok

Liked

Re: IconSiam Bangkok

I love malls. Airconned plus exquisite Thai's butts as round as fresh apples cruising through walkways oblivious to Old-Men-Lurking.
    Oops ... sorry, that would be me doing the cruising. Pathetic.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

My beloved bottle of 'Terre D'Hermes'
    That's my favourite fragrance, too. It has a distinct smell of oranges.

But it gets wasted in Thailand. It soon gets washed off with all the showers I take.

I spend a lot of time wandering around Siam Paragon and often eat in the restaurants downstairs. After dinner I head to the gourmet market and enjoy the various small samples off sweet food.

Over recent years a number of Japanese dessert cafes have opened up downstairs on the "canal", offering incredible Western-style desserts with a Japanese touch.

The new mail is a bit out of the way, but it's tempting. I'm wondering if it offers something Siam Paragon doesn't.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    The new mail is a bit out of the way, but it's tempting. I'm wondering if it offers something Siam Paragon doesn't.
    the first Apple store in Thailand if you're desperate for some overpriced hardware from kids wearing Apple t-shirts rather than iStudio t-shirts

bkkguy

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post

My beloved bottle of 'Terre D'Hermes' lasts 4 or 5 years so I don't appear all that often: so long as Mr Pot doesn't drink it all
    Do you remember the packaging of your Hermes? Some are sold at Central, but I know Hermes has exclusive scents they only sell at their shops, friend of mine uses it, he is quite proud of the fact that plebeians can't just walk to any department store and buy it.
    Is it this by any chance:

8opYdAA.jpg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Link to Wikipedia page, going by photos this new mall makes Paragon look like Walmart.
    But largest mall in Bangkok? Central World seems largest now, and it is massive, it's impossible not to get lost in the mall side.

Wikipedia: "ICONSIAM is one kilometer from the nearest BTS Skytrain station, a monorail, to be completed in 2019,[7] will connect the complex to Krung Thonburi station on the BTS Skytrain Silom Line".

Siam Paragon, Gaysorn, Siam Square, Discovery, Central Chidlim, MBK are all within walking distance on Sukhumvit. Skkywalk or walk on sidewalks. Only 2 stops on BTS gets you to Patpong area and Silom. New mall is far, who wants to take the Silom line across the river, and then another extension?
    Thai love to walk around in malls. Malls in Bangkok seem their version of parks of large Western cities, places to just walk around. Indoor parks with almost no seating, without fresh air, without anything green, with no view, no windows, giant air conditionined boxes.
    You can take a shuttle boat from Saphan Thaksin. No need to go to Krung Thonburi BTS. It really isn't all that far away from Silom. If you swim it will be less than a kilometer away from the river end of Silom.

Liked

I had a pleasant trip to IconSiam late yesterday afternoon, took the free shuttle boat from Saphan Thaksin, five minutes of waiting under the tarpaulin on an extremely hot day, five minutes to board, and five minutes gentle ride on the ChaoPraya, and we were promptly deposited on the other bank of the River.
    Quite an imposing and aesthetically pleasant structure, of mostly glass facades.
    Of note are the Maserati, Porche, and Rolls Royce machines. Of course there is the Hermes store and to die for Dolce and Gabbana cocktail dresses in the latest fashion. On the ground floor there is the floating market.
    The Darjeeling tea and chocolate tart served at NaRaYa was all that I needed to sustain my energy for the next few hours at the mall. The tea service was presented on china and gold plated cutlery including the tea leaves strainer. I almost felt like the duchess of Glenconner.
    And at sunset the splendid musical fountain with synchronised light displays enthralled the milling crowd.
    Leaving the place after dinner was a breeze all the way to Sathorn pier,as the crowd was smaller than during the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 5th, 2019), Jellybean (March 28th, 2019), Moses (March 25th, 2019), sglad (March 29th, 2019)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Thanks for the pics, Bangkok as far as the bars are concerned has become quite a bore, this new mall might be a reason to make the trip from Pattaya if only for a day.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Thanks for the pics, Bangkok as far as the bars are concerned has become quite a bore, this new mall might be a reason to make the trip from Pattaya if only for a day.
    Perhaps I should reciprocate MFAS. The news from the Pattaya bars as set out on SGT makes them sound something no self-respecting sodomite should miss

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Perhaps I should reciprocate MFAS. The news from the Pattaya bars as set out on SGT makes them sound something no self-respecting sodomite should miss
    Yet you comment as if you have been to Pattaya and Thailand when it is obvious you have not.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (March 28th, 2019), gerefan2 (March 28th, 2019), sglad (March 29th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    True, and who wants to go out towards Nonthaburi? However I understand from friends with live-in boys that it's a very popular destination
    Hahaha, Nonthaburi is not even the same province as the mall is in. Thirty years in Bangkok and you don't even know where the new mall is, which, as you said is very popular among your friends' boyfriends and therefore much talked about? Surely you would have seen the glossy pull-out supplements in the local newspapers, the ad nauseam ads on TV, the talk show reviews (many in English)?