Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Le Café now reopened as Boyz Music

Liked

Re: Former Le Café now reopened as Boyz Music

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    ... Hopefully they let me enter, at least!
    Are you referring to the bar or the young Asian customers.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (November 25th, 2018), DoubleDutch (November 25th, 2018)

Liked

DD. I can't imagine any well to do Desperado (such as myself) being denied entry to any high quality establishment. Haha.

4. User who gave Like to post:

DoubleDutch (November 25th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don’t get the logic of closing BBB early just to move everyone across the street. Must cost lots more to operate like that.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    So BBB is probably closing soon as the business moves to CR. Much as X-Boys did a few years ago. That's my guess. Any news on drink prices and off fees? Not that there's ever much I want to off from there.
    That would be very interesting. The most successful gogo bar in Boyztown voluntarily closing, and moving to Boyz Music, not a gogo bar, it's a beer bar, with live entertainment. It makes perfect sense.
    I would like to ask catawampuscat if BBB gogo boys are customers, or are they working at Boyz Music, after BBB closes at around 1am. Or he means Boyz Music is packed with Chinese? He said Asians, could be Thais having fun night out, Lao, but hopefully young Chinese guys. Until now younger Thai gay crowd did never party in Boyztown, maybe with Boyz Music this has now changed. Good!

If catawampuscat is right, and Boyz Music is packed with young Asians, I have found a new hobby, so far Chinese did not visit Boyztown, not Sunee, and not Jomtien Complex, the only way to meet Chinese used to be apps. Now with Boyz Music, everyone who likes Chinese has advantage, apps only have a photo, often fake, it is so much better to meet face to face, have few drinks in a bar, maybe sing a song, chat a bit, and then hopefully directly to a curtain motel! I'm excited, tonight is going to be fun!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Are you referring to the bar or the young Asian customers.

As a polite person, I never enter first, I let other enter

Liked

DD. With regards to the Chinese. They are wonderful to sleep with but not particularly good at the actual sex. I've never met one off the apps who didn't disappoint compared to the heavily airbrushed photo. If you're a size queen then you'll be sadly sad at the size of their members. They have the sexiest and pertest arses ever seen/felt.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    DD. With regards to the Chinese. They are wonderful to sleep with but not particularly good at the actual sex. I've never met one off the apps who didn't disappoint compared to the heavily airbrushed photo. If you're a size queen then you'll be sadly sad at the size of their members. They have the sexiest and pertest arses ever seen/felt.
    I love small dick, you get all the sensation, but not discomfort, Chinese are perfect. They usually don't speak word of English, so no need waste time to "where are you from". They are rude, for a top it's advantage, Thais are often too polite, nothing ruins a good submission session than "oh, did I hurt you", "so sorry!", Chinese never speak. Good!

Francois, you up to partying to wee hours, in company of wealthy Asians? Lets go! We could do karaoke duo of "Non, Je ne regrette rien", it will be wonderful!
    I'm going to be outside Boyz Music at 12.30, that seems to be the preferred time to descend on the place. Look for The Killers T shirt outside the bar.

gdfbTND.jpg

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 25th, 2018), christianpfc (December 12th, 2018)

Liked

I'm afraid the Chinese opium has taken effect on arsenal for his glowing assessment of their sexy arses.

12. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 25th, 2018)

Liked

Very surprised Oscars appears still closed up - the rent can't be so high surely that no-one can see an opportunity?
    The rent rate was the precise final nail in the coffin for the last consortium of Oscar's owners. It went up by a ridiculous amount. The bar was mostly a business to give them a base, or reason to base themselves in Thailand. They already have business interests back in their home country. They enjoyed running the bar as well as it being a going concern, but there reached a point where the effort just wasn't worth it. After they had emptied the premises of their stock and the fixtures/ fittings they owned, the premises owners made a tentative approach which was taken as a move to 'negotiate' the rent. If they had done that instead of an overnight rent increase demand, Oscars might well still be operating as normal.

But it might still attract new renters if the Soi has an increase of customers attracted by the new Boyz Music bar if it 'takes off'. The fact it's only a one-shop wide frontage is a slight disadvantage, but the previous owners of Oscars said they had a decent amount of footfall over the whole evening's opening hours when they ran it.

As for the new Boyz Music bar in the soi, it's got to be a very welcome addition no matter what 'noise' it creates, still a lot better than a dark, empty premises large enough to put a complete damper on the whole soi. It will attract more customers to the soi who will no doubt also visit other bars. The type of open front Music Bar is one Asians, especially Thais do like. That is why Walking Street clubs have become so popular with the gay Thai lads and compete directly with NAB, Hollywood etc for a night out. There are 3/4 large open fronted Music Bars on Walking St which are very popular, Music Café attached to Lucifer and CandyShop are a couple of popular examples. Many Asians come to Pattaya specifically to party as well as looking to hook up, so it will be interesting to see how the location in Boyztown Soi 3 works out for a Music Bar.

Also, as its a professional live band as opposed to amateur Karaoke participants the music should give the soi lots more 'atmosphere'. I know a few of the BBB management and one of the part time DJs sent me a video of rehearsals last week, the female singer seemed way off-key but it was only rehearsals, so I hope she ups the game for the real thing.

Not sure why certain individuals here are fixated on ages of westerners versus 'young' Asians visiting Boyztown, there are plenty of older/mature Asians who visit for the same reasons, also no matter your age, if you enjoy the music or the atmosphere then there's every reason to visit BT and be part of it in the same way as previous years. Certainly visitors who have come to enjoy a holiday. If you live in Pattaya permanently I'm sure most things become jaded eventually when you've seen them a ton of times.

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 26th, 2018), arsenal (November 26th, 2018), scottish-guy (November 25th, 2018)

Liked

Very surprised Oscars appears still closed up - the rent can't be so high surely that no-one can see an opportunity?
    Rent at Boyztown is brutal.
    Just 1 year ago, before shutting down, Le Café owner was laying out around 500.000 THB every months, 300k rent, rest payroll and bills, and that is just the bar side, hotel was separate business then.
    Night after night, Le Café was dead, at peak hours, 11pm until closing, only staff present. Of course no one would subsidize a bar this long, this is real money for a Thai or foreigner. For the owner to lay
    out this amount, he could have bought a studio apartments in View Talai 1 and 2 for just 3 months running expenses. I'm sure owner was hoping for things to turn around, and he was hoping the place to become major popular spot, it never did.

Unless Chinese gay tourists will be arriving in Pattaya in larger numbers, AND going out to spending money, the new place will have outcome of Le Café. Owners are Chinese, and they are betting on Chinese coming to Boyztown to spend their money. We'll see.

Why is Panorama for sale? Openly, with sign outside? Places like Panorama were never bought and sold with For Sale sign. I'm sure current owner isn't selling Panorama because he has difficulty counting all the cash. And For Sale sign is a sign that he wasn't able to sell by word of mouth, they way bars are usually sold here.

It needs to be reminded, right now there are hardly any Chinese visiting Boyztown, sitting down, and ordering bottle of beer. It's Westerners, and at the very peak season, around New Year, Russians.