Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Le Café now reopened as Boyz Music

Liked

Re: Former Le Café now reopened as Boyz Music

This is only my own personal experience and opinion, but what I liked about LCR was that after we had done the rounds of the bars and picked up the boys we wanted for the night, we could take the lot of us to LCR at 11pm/Midnight/ maybe even 1am and all have a meal while the entertainment was going on whether it was El Duo or Toi or they had a girl singing as well. We'd spend several thousand Baht (not difficult) whenever we did that and it was good business for them, as did many of the patrons and it was always busy.

Then they revamped the place and restricted the restaurant part to one side (closed off) - so our reason for going there was now defunct as we could either eat at the side with no entertainment or have entertainment with no food. El Duo left for pastures new and they got rid of Toi (who was maybe not the best singer in the world but a really nice guy and a familiar face). That left the girl and without being misogynistic, nobody was interested.

They killed it stone dead, it didn't just happen to them.

I hope the new format succeeds but if it's just a music/karaoke bar it would have limited appeal. Is there food?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    we could take the lot of us to LCR at 11pm/Midnight/ maybe even 1am and all have a meal while the entertainment was going on whether it was El Duo or Toi or they had a girl singing as well. We'd spend several thousand Baht (not difficult) whenever we did that and it was good business for them, as did many of the patrons and it was always busy.
    I too spent many (if not most!) nights in LCR from when BBB closed at 01.45 until 03.30... or later... I recall many times still being in the bar when Ian Mc Knight arrived at 6am to relieve the night shift!

The opening of late night gay clubs (Maya, X-ray, Dude, Dave (all now sadly gone) and NAB) killed off their late night trade... LCR was no longer the only show in town for after hours entertainment and pickups

I can see Boys café possibly attracting some of the big spending Chinese that take a gaggle of boys to Hollywood every night...
    From what I have heard there are no hotel rooms upstairs any more, it has been kitted out with Short Time rooms and VIP karaoke rooms
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Francois, you up to partying to wee hours, in company of wealthy Asians? Lets go! We could do karaoke duo of "Non, Je ne regrette rien", it will be wonderful!
    DD, my partying is with poor Thai guys and in the afternoon and now I am asleep by 1:00 am. Not like in the bad, old days, "mais je ne regrette rien".

4. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (November 26th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    1am and all have a meal while the entertainment was going on whether it was El Duo or Toi or they had a girl singing as well.
    El Duo left for pastures new and they got rid of Toi (who was maybe not the best singer in the world but a really nice guy and a familiar face). That left the girl and without being misogynistic, nobody was interested.
    I used to go and enjoyed Toi but really went for 'the girl' and her diva songs. Got to know her well and one day she brought her new baby boy in. I bought him a teddy bear.
    Years later I went to a market and she had a stall. She said "one moment -- see my son again". Out came a fine looking teenage lad who thanked me for the teddy bear years ago (probably prompted).
    Toi, I think, moved to Bangkok and opened a music school. He did a one night performance at Balcony Pub. I think a video of his performance still exists on Balcony's website.
    I know that El Duo split up but have heard nothing of them for years.

6. User who gave Like to post:

neddy3 (November 26th, 2018)

Liked

All I can add about El Duo is that after the split one of them won Asian Entertainer of the Year - there was a YouTube clip of him being presented with the award on live TV.

I’m serious - not a joke

8. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (November 26th, 2018)

Liked

Boyz Music gets busy after midnight, walked by few times, here are 5 short walks, starting at 00:30 Sun morning, and last one at about 3:30 am.

The first walk is around other Pattayaland soi as well, Boyz Music at around 3:20 min mark.

10. 5 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 26th, 2018), dab69 (November 29th, 2018), Halfhansum (November 27th, 2018), Jellybean (November 30th, 2018), Kenny (November 26th, 2018)

Liked

2am and 3:30am walks:

12. 7 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 26th, 2018), arsenal (November 26th, 2018), christianpfc (December 12th, 2018), colmx (November 27th, 2018), dinagam (November 27th, 2018), Halfhansum (November 27th, 2018), Jellybean (November 30th, 2018)

Liked

Great videos, DD. And narrated in a very sexy voice!

Thanks for taking the time to report.

It appears that Boyz Music has brought life back into the soi. I haven't seen it that crowded in years.

And beautiful Speedmaster, too!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post

And beautiful Speedmaster, too!
    Thank you! My favourite watch
    Hard to believe this Speedy reference goes back to 1966.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

On the one hand it seems dead about half past midnight with, BBB, Oscars, Prisma all closed and Panorama almost shut.
    On the other hand Boyz Music open a lot later than that adds to the late night entertainment...provided you like it.
    There’s always my fav Doubleshot!
    Anyway will try it out later this week...lookout DD!