Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: long shot - Tenerife - Any accommodation suggestions ? Los Christianos / Playa de las Americas ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

long shot - Tenerife - Any accommodation suggestions ? Los Christianos / Playa de las Americas ?

A bit of a long shot I know but a myself and 3 other gay friends are flying to Tenerife in Mod January for a long weekend break birthday celebration, we've flights booked into the South Airport but nothing else at present and know zero about Tenerife ( aside from the rough gist of the feel of the place ie it's like Gran Canaria etc but a bit quieter just).

So, just wondering of any one might have any tips or suggestions as to the best area to stay and or any accommodation suggestions ? I'm torn between renting a nice Villa somewhere or just doing the hotel bang in the centre of the party town thing ( which I think will win as the Villa's all seem to be quite a few miles out of town?) So, currently it's looking like somewhere around the Los Christianos / Playa de las Americas area ?

Oh and anyone giving it the "what, why there, don't it's shit etc" dont bother, flights are already booked and the location was based on us maybe getting some sun and also being close enough for us all ( as we're coming from different EU cities) from home so we could all nip there for a long weekend re getting time away from work wise for everyone just.

So, anyone any thoughts or suggestions perhaps all appreciated ?

Liked

Re: long shot - Tenerife - Any accommodation suggestions ? Los Christianos / Playa de las Americas ?

This is easy, stay around Playa de las Americas. It's the liveliest area on the island, nice enough beach, and really the only area on Tenerife with actual nightlife.
    Weather is going to be perfect in January!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: long shot - Tenerife - Any accommodation suggestions ? Los Christianos / Playa de las Americas ?

Thanks DD, that ties in with advice given by my Spanish friends too ( although I think that was more so that the Brits stay as far away from THEIR favourite part of the island as humanly possible more like ! :-) If anyone has any accommodation suggestions that's all gratefully received too as knowing zero about the place it's always a bit of a turkey shoot of course when booking somewhere.

Liked

Wasn't Tenerife Joe552's hunting ground?

Now he's a world bestselling author he doesn't seem to bother with us mere plebs these days.

Worth a PM?

Oh and PS - do you ever actually do any work?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Funny, you’re not the only person to ask that of late - although more usually heard from my office manager and also my mother ! Neither of whom share my “fuck it you’re a long time dead” mentality and are much more “get into your work and stay there until you die and be happy and remember to say thank you to the kind factory owner who gave the dangerous and lowly paid job that keeps you in gruel and out of the workhouse until it kills you! mentality.

So in answer to your question - no ! only when I REALLY have too ! :-)

6. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (November 25th, 2018)