Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AirBNB experiences

Liked

Re: AirBNB experiences

I have two AirBNB rooms across from my apartment. It is a problem. Most users don't give a damn about others, slamming doors and talking loudly in the hallways or in their rooms.

My condo in Pattaya had the signs up but it's all bs. Most airBNB stay a few nights or less. They were registering them outside the building but now a travel service office has been set up inside the front door of the condo building and the airBNB guests register inside the office. The condo management must be making $ out of it.

I will be leaving this condo soon but finding somewhere peacuful to live in Pattaya is not easy.

I use AirBNB myself when traveling but try not to disturb everyone else in the building unlike the f##kwits that stay in my condo.

Liked

I am interested in where you are living.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Is it becse you want to stay there or becse you want to rent out?
    In this big EUR city where I still am (due to fly to BKK next week) the council has become so fed up with it, that they are now threatening to ban the whole thing and fine anyone who is still renting out.
    I've for Th only checked BKK and not Patters, but to me it seemed very limited in offers and also fairly expensive compared to the normal hotels. But i've also once read an enthusiast review about a place just of Sala daeng (corner of silom), much more privacy, like a private condo/flat.
    AND; may be you get a better, more well behaving like us renters if you use the specific gay such sites, like ebab or misterbandb

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    ...may be you get a better, more well behaving like us renters if you use the specific gay such sites...
    In my experience gay people are not better behaved than str8 people - they can be much worse - they just misbehave in different ways.

In fact, dogs in heat behave better and are more discerning than some gay people.

It's the personal values of the renter that matters, not his or her sexuality

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Adelphi (November 24th, 2018), dinagam (November 24th, 2018), sglad (November 27th, 2018)

Liked

I've never used AirBNB so I'm not sure of the appeal. What's wrong with a good old fashioned hotel?

Liked

I visit The Base often, friend of mine owns apartment there, but I usually go there to hook up with Chinese date, off Blued. The lobby, and outside of The Base is busier than most hotels, Chinese Airbnb guests all over the building, and outside, just off Second Road. Coming down from higher floors is tricky, often long wait, elevators can't handle the flow of people. Had I paid 4 - 5 Million THB for 1 bedroom there, the hostel environment would not be simply be inconvenient and upsetting, it is actually hard to live there around peak season.

The Base condo board hired private security company last year, around November or so, I saw several uniformed security guards trying to prevent Chinese from entering the condo grounds, as they were stepping out of taxis and buses, with luggage, huge bags on sidewalk, the place resembled refugee camp. Security guys had a4 size cards in hand, warnings in large print saying short term rent in this building is against the law. Chinese looked confused, everyone phone in hand, texting, talking, presumably to apartment owners.
    I stood and watched the show, in every few minutes a Thai would come by, take Chinese couple, and walk right through the building's security gate. Nothing the security could do, no one can deny entry to an owner, or long term tenant who has proof of ownership, or rental agreement, and he/she has a right to bring in guests.

It is not so bad this year, there are far less Chinese in Pattaya now.

But similar Airbnb short term rental issues are in every condo, Centric Sea is full of Chinese, 3 day visitors, I've been to every condo in the area many, many times, thanks to Blued, always Chinese, I usually never ask, because most Chinese guys don't speak English, at Blued we can talk, app has translator built in. I've asked few, their answer is travel agency. But how does a travel agency get a condo vacancy? It must Airbnb, and other classified, Hipflat is very busy, both sales and rentals.

The Base and Centric Sea seem to be worst hit, just going by how many times both places come up at Blued.

Liked

Even as an outsider I can easily see how someone who has paid a considerable sum to buy into a nice quiet Condo complex would be well pissed off to find it has suddenly turned into an unofficial and illegal holiday camp.

SE Asian holidaymakers may not be fucking everything in sight like sex tourists, but in my experience of sharing a condo block with them they do have some strange ideas.

Lighting an outdoor instant barbeque inside their apartment (with the door wide open of course, thus smoking out the entire floor) is one of their little incidents that I won't easily forget

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I had a lovely condo in South Pattaya which has become largely an Arab ghetto, my condo was full of Arabs renting short term I couldn’t take it anymore and I was very lucky that I found a buyer, now I live in a rental condo in the Pratanack area.
    The condo I live in now is mostly owner occupied and has a very active board of directors that has written into the condo laws there can be no rentals less than 1 year.......It works very very well. My advice to people looking for long term rentals is get to know the condo complex before you rent and certainly before you contemplate buying.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

DoubleDutch (November 24th, 2018), scottish-guy (November 24th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I had a lovely condo in South Pattaya which has become largely an Arab ghetto, .
    Yensabai?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Yensabai?
    I sent you a PM it was not Yensabai however, I went to Yensabai last year, what was once a nice condo looked like a nightmare with paper signs all over the lobby in Arabic....Frankly add miss Piggy to the mix and I do not know how anyone can live there,
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (November 25th, 2018), lonelywombat (November 25th, 2018)