Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AirBNB experiences

Banned
    Liked

AirBNB experiences

I wonder how many posters use AirBNB. Technically it’s illegal in Thailand - like prostitution - but seems to thrive. However some condo building managers are fighting back anyway. Apparently some AirBNBers hold noisy parties, disturbing the long-term residents. (Who’d’ve thought?). In one condo I know there are stern warnings posted against short-term lets. The same building however itself does month-by-month lets for a minimum of one month. In another there are large signs in English everywhere - clearly aimed therefore at tourists - asserting that someone who has paid for a day or a week is “trespassing” and, if detected, will be arrested and charged at the nearest police station. My guess is that in practice, if not in law, this is sheer bluff. Certainly tourists can be seen arriving and departing on an almost daily basis with the inevitable multiple large suitcases. The signs are clearly generic with the usual bullshit about “the Juristic person” without actually identifying how one would find such a person to hand oneself in (the recommenced course of action) so I guess there’s a market for such signs for condo management

Liked

Re: AirBNB experiences

Why are you so obsessed with the legalities of prostitution in Thailand? You've lived there for 30 years yet it's like you make this discovery every two weeks and feel you must casually drop it into the conversation.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with the legalities of prostitution in Thailand? You've lived there for 30 years yet it's like you make this discovery every two weeks and feel you must casually drop it into the conversation.
    Does it annoy you? Oh dear. I must remember that

Liked

No. I'm curious more than anything. Old people tend to fixate on things and with you it's that issue and of course, Matt.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    No. I'm curious more than anything. Old people tend to fixate on things and with you it's that issue and of course, Matt.
    Yes, I see that as the explanation for your incessant attempts to bait Scottish-guy - but as we’ve already established you have a bad case of Relevance Deprivation Syndrome

Liked

As you've told us that prostitution is illegal in Thailand about 30 times and every time as though you're expecting gasps of amazement perhaps the RDS is yours. Maybe nip over and tell Matt in one of your valuable lecture posts.

Liked

Do you both need me to separate your fight from original thread?
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (November 25th, 2018), frequent (November 24th, 2018), lonelywombat (November 24th, 2018)

Liked

Not at all. It's important information and needs reiterating bi-weekly.

Liked

Personally I think that it is closer to juvenile crap.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

11. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 24th, 2018), francois (November 25th, 2018), lonelywombat (November 24th, 2018), seenus (November 25th, 2018)

Liked: 1

If anyone can provide any information to the original question that would be helpful - thanks.

13. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (November 26th, 2018)