Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
I’m guessing that the above isn’t or wasn’t perhaps a strict Airbnb letting as you book ( and pay in advance) directly through their site as security for both parties. If it was it’s perhaps someone who has booked one or two nights there and the manager is then suggesting to them that they move to save some money. Personally I wouldn’t do that maybe as you loose any security or legal status of a booking that you originally had when booking via Airbnb - it also could end up dangerous depending on who the manager turned out to be of course !
All "official" AirBNB bookings and payments take place via their Web site, and there are warnings about transacting outside their site being AYOR. I suppose there are people who contact an owner via AirBNB and then the owner or the prospective renter agree to cut out AirBNB thus saving the owner his commission and the renter the odd dollar or two by initiating direct contact and direct payments. That sounds like the guy in Lonelywombat's post; like NIrish I understand it's just not something that can happen via the AirBNB site