Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattaya Aujourd'hui

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Pattaya Aujourd'hui

Have the sewage pipes been relocated now? Or is it just a temporary improvement?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...s-to-continue/

2. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (January 10th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Exacctly Brad - it's not the beach that needs cleaned ( so much) perhaps but the actual water itself from all the shit (quite literally) and used condoms etc that is pumped into it.

There should be public health notices posted along the beach to advise you that you're talking your life in your hands swimming in it based on wat I used to see floating past me when I was foolish enough to enter the water there!

Liked

When exactly was that?
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It was certainly true when I last swam at Jomtien.....in 1999. I can't pretend that I'm persuaded to do so even now but can't we celebrate obvious improvements in water quality? Is good news from Pattaya so unwelcome?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by neddy3 View Post
    When exactly was that?
    The date is in the article, May 2018, although untreated sewage disposal directly into the sea has been happening for a long time. Just google "sewage pattaya or Jomtien"

Liked

Sadly Pattaya has not been spared the haze and aerial contamination affecting Thailand of late. From my favourite perch at Dongtan Beach I despair at the sights in the horizon, no more blue skies of Christmas and the new year. The sea water is no longer crystal clear but the hordes of tourists are just as content.
    Never before had I noted so many sagging and very hairy man boobs. And the gay falang of all ages from athletic couples to octogenarians shuffling around are out and about. The gay flags at Dongtan Beach are really flying proud.
    Although the water in the sea is not as good as a couple of months ago, I am yet to come across a floating condom or anything similar, and I have to state that I have my swimming goggles all the time.
    Maybe this has been mentioned before, the Elysium bar next to the Sun bar is closed. The RR bar has a few shirtless and fun guys on duty. This time I notice a lot of falang sitting in groups of three or more with wife or female friends in the gay bars.
    There is an old falang with a metal detector doing the rounds of the beach.
    And there is also a practically naked geriatric sunning himself every day.
    Enjoy the pics in no particular order.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (March 27th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

After blues skies for days, our last few days saw gey(ish) ones. Flying to Laos a couple of weeks previously , we had an unrivalled view of the haze that disfigures Bangkok- and of the clear skies once we'd climbed above it.

Liked

Thanks dinagam for your pictures. I’m hoping to be back in about a month for a 3 week visit. I’m looking forward to leaving the gloom wet and cold of February in England for the blue sea and sky of Jomtien, even though I’m told that the air quality there is not good, although far better than in BKK.
    Over the years I’ve swam in the sea at Jomtien, usually from the gay beach and have not so far come to harm. I take the precaution of using goggles and avoiding putting my head under water, but that does not lead to a good swimming stroke. Maybe Koh Larn is cleaner but maybe not, in view of the substantial development and influx of visitors which I have seen since I started coming to Pats nearly 20 years ago. I try to make one visit to Koh Larn each trip with my boyfriend du jour and make for the Monkey Beach about a mile from the village where the boats arrive.

Liked

I can feel the chill in the stillness of the night that the weather has taken a sudden change with cloudy skies and steady wind blowing from the sea, a welcoming change from the hot days in Bangkok these last few days. Perhaps a sign of a good future for Thailand after the recent elections. Hopefully the value of the baht will make visiting the country a joyous occasion for the tourists.

Liked

A new bar is opening tonight 27 March 2019 in Sunee Plaza. Not the official opening, but the Thai owner(manager) Mr Guy, who was doing some finishing touches to the bright interior was keen to start off on Wednesday evening.
    It's going to be a drinking bar with Thai music playing from a music machine, with opening hours from 10pm to 5am. Employees are not going to be offable, perhaps for the time being. It's location is next to Diamond bar, which was quite busy yesterday evening.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (March 27th, 2019)