List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What rent bars are still operating in Europe?

Liked

Re: What rent bars are still operating in Europe?

Plus de merde, sans doute

Liked

When I'm old and infirm I hope I have the grace not to be so bitter towards the younger generation and feel the need to get all bilious whenever they mention bars and boys.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    • How does a UK resident "save time" with a 24 hour door-to-door journey to Thailand over a 4 hour door-to-door journey to Germany?
    • How any rent bars do you need? There are 4 within walking distance of each other in Berlin.
    • If you can't find an acceptable boy in 4 rent bars then do without - sex isn't actually the most important thing in the world. Well not for balanced individuals at least, of which I assume you are one.
    • Plus, Berlin is an utterly fascinating city - can you honestly say that of Pattaya?
    • Can you imagine going on a historical bus tour of Pattaya for example? It will take you about 6 hours of bus tours on 3 different routes to see just some of the history of Berlin.
    • Does the Mike Mall compare to KaDeWe?
    • Does Walking Street compare to the Brandenburg Gate?
    • Does a mostly closed and deserted Sunee Plaza/BT/Jomtiem/Silom during the day compare to the area around Nollensdorf where there are pavement cafes and restaurants full of predominantly gay couples?
    • Where you can wander around the gay themed shops or quality markets not full of knock-off football tops.
    • Where you could be sitting in Nollensdorf having coffee and cake or just exploring the gay area without some shrill voice screaming MASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE every 50 yards?

However for sex-obsessed people who would do it the mud if they had to (I'm sure there are no SGT members like that) I accept Europe may not be their choice.

Can I also say that although Berlin (for example) is more expensive that say, Pattaya - I find I don't spend significantly more overall. Due partially at least to not being obliged to tip every Pong, Odd, or Lek who crosses my path. The £500-600 saved on air fare also helps!
    I could answer your questions one by one but prefer to repeat the second part of my post (which you did not quote)..

"That is not to say I wouldn't go to Europe, but would only go there for non sex holidays nowadays.
    Thailand cannot be beaten, even with the hindrance of the apps, for gay bars and rent bars. "

Liked

I was illustrating in my answer why I don't totally agree with the second part of your post.

Sure there are more gay rent bars in Pattaya (since they're all rent bars) - but for me, I'd rather have 4 rent bars in an interesting City 4 hours away from me than 12 rent bars in a soulless place 24 hours away from me.

Each to his own of course and I'm not criticising you in any way - and I admit I could not take a fortnight in Berlin the way I can take a fortnight in Pattaya (with excursions)

Liked

It's not 12 rent bars. It's closer to 50.

Liked

I'd rather have 4 rent bars in an interesting City 4 hours away from me than 12 rent bars in a soulless place 24 hours away from me.

Each to his own of course and I'm not criticising you in any way - and I admit I could not take a fortnight in Berlin the way I can take a fortnight in Pattaya (with excursions)
    I see your point.
    However 4 rent bars which have absolutely no one I would even consider renting have about as much appeal as zero rent bars.

Pattaya scores well for availability of rent bars and exactly the kind of people I would like in them.
    Pattaya also has an advantage for weather in December and I can add some interest to the trip by traveling to several places in SE Asia.

7. User who gave Like to post:

llz (November 30th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I see your point...
    Yes - these trousers are far too tight.

Liked

Yes - these trousers are far too tight.
    I have some like that too. Nice, light weight, perfect for travel & good fit, except around there, where the crush my *******.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    Let's make a list of "Rent Bars" in Europe that are still operating?

Any info please?

Maybe start a new post!
    One of the best place in Europe is in Zurich - Switzerland. the Paragonya Wellness Club
    Mühlegasse 11 (in the center of zurich). https://www.paragonya.ch/
    It is clean, there are comdom and lubrifiant in each cabin. A lot of young men from a lot of counties (Europe, south america, Asia). The price is 100 swiss francs (about US$ 100) you give directly to the young man, there is no commission for the owner of the place. Everybody pay his entrance, including the young men. What you do with them is your business.

Liked

Oh yes, sounds very interesting!

Here is what I found on the Travel Gay website:

"Branded as Zurich’s biggest gay sauna on two floors. Paragonya Wellness Club features a whirlpool, Biosauna, steam room, cabins, lockers, solarium, bar.

The club is frequented by local rent boys, so forewarned is forearmed as they say."

Another comment, but from the reviews:

“Love this place super clean the only problem is there are more male protistute asking for money than actual clients having a good time! Funny big sign said no solicition or prostitution lol. I wonder if there is connection with administration mmmmm."