List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What rent bars are still operating in Europe?

Liked

Re: What rent bars are still operating in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Not sure what to say here! I assume Blacktouch means a city other than Prague? Or is phenomenally slow on the uptake?

I do remember talking to a waiter in a Prague gay bar who told me "...at the weekends I make my drag in Brno" - maybe there's something there? I never investigated further.

Moving on....I've never been in Austria (as an adult), but I'd imagine there's a fair chance of rent bars there. Anybody have experience?
    Yes, I mean a City other than Prague. Some of my posts have been talking about the rent scene decline in Prague.

And I'm not talking about Brno, as there is not much happening in that City.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Moving on....I've never been in Austria (as an adult), but I'd imagine there's a fair chance of rent bars there. Anybody have experience?
    As you mentioned Austria, I looked it up and found a bar in Vienna. The comment follows:

Gay ‘hustler’ bar which leaves little to the imagination. Café Rüdiger serves cheap drinks and bar snacks 7 days a week.

The highlight here is the shower show, where a hot guy basically gets naked in a shower. Impressive!

Below are a couple comments from the reviews:

“I advise giving this place a miss. A guy from Bulgaria was nice until money was exchanged in the back room. He then became unpleasant and refused to provide any service. I paid 80 euros for nothing. The owner was uninterested in hearing any complaints. If you decide to try this place definitely do not pay in advance. I'll certainly not go back.“

“There is no seating out front, but other than that, it is exactly as described, a "hustler bar". It is smokey, dirty, and dark. I did not go into the back, but sat at the bar checking out the place as I sipped my whiskey. I was approached several times by younger guys that did not speak much if any English. They actually were not that good looking and definitely not from Vienna. I am guessing Georgian, but not sure and in a lot of ways felt sorry for them as I do not think they wanted to be there but were maybe forced to be there. But if you are looking, there was 10 or more to pick from.“

Seems like the MB's who attend this bar are again non Europeans? Although Bulgaria is part of Europe!
    Last edited by Blacktouch; November 24th, 2018 at 03:34. Reason: Spelling mistake

Liked

Two more reviews for Café Rüdiger, this time from Google:

One month ago:
    "For gay men looking for the company of friendly and attractive young men in Vienna, just the thing. At the weekend there is a very stimulating show. If in the course of an evening, the desire arises to deepen the contact with one of the guys, so the 'Rüdiger' offers a cozy and clean extra space for cheap money. For gay Wientouristen necessarily recommendable!"

One week ago:
    "Please do not take any guy home.
    They stare like the ravens.
    Promise everything!
    Doing, everything else
    But are nice guy
    Watch out. Is Bulgarian Mafia."

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    Thank you boyfous, my aim is to make a listing of Rent Bars Experiences that are still operating in Europe?

Dusseldorf was ok. I enjoyed it. Feel free to read my report on my two visits back in June and October this year.

I've also been to Berlin a few times and have always enjoyed myself. And I will visit again in the new year.

I also don't mind the Arab/Romanian/Turkish/Bulgarian/Moroccan/Macedonian MB's who are in these bars.

Blacktouch, from your experience, which would you prefer - Berlin or Dusseldorf? I'll probably visit Germany this year. But which of the two would give the better experience for the above?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by boyfous View Post
    Blacktouch, from your experience, which would you prefer - Berlin or Dusseldorf? I'll probably visit Germany this year. But which of the two would give the better experience for the above?
    Boyfous, out of the two Cities, I would choose Berlin because it has more "Rent Bars" than Dusseldorf and loads more to do. Berlin have about four rent bars now, so more choices, although i'm guessing the MB's move from bar to bar?

In Dusseldorf there are just two "Rent Bars", but one is very small inside (Wilma bar), and not many customers or MB's inside. Although I found the owner/bar man a pleasant guy. Please note, both bars are next door to each other.

The other bar (Comeback Bar) is much nicer and bigger, more atmosphere, more customers and MB's inside. So basically, you could say Dusseldorf have just one Rent Bar?

Also in Berlin the scene is better and have all sorts of gay bars and clubs.

Now, if this is your kind of thing - Berlin also has a large park (Grober Tiergarten Park) where cruising goes on, but also have MB's of all ages, who work their trade there too.

I remember my last trip to Berlin, we visited this park, and had few offers from young guys for a fee. I won't say the age group on here. If you do go, please be very careful of underage MB's.

Liked

1 Berlin
    2 Köln
    3 Düsseldorf

OK, so I don't think Köln has any rent bars left, but the gay bars are good fun and you always have the phone apps. The sauna I visited was quite a pleasant place to hang out & much nicer too.

Also, if you are going for at least 5 nights, it's possible to fly into Köln or Düsseldorf and take the train onto Berlin.
    Just book that rail ticket several weeks in advance to get a good price.
    Consider first class, since the Eur 10~15 extra can be recouped by access to the station lounge (free coffee & newspapers), a seat reservation and free wifi.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm afraid I find this all very sad. There are probably still more gay rent bars in Pattaya than the whole of Europe!!
    For me I would save my time and money and go to Thailand. Even just for a few weeks.
    That is not to say I wouldn't go to Europe, but would only go there for non sex holidays nowadays.
    Thailand cannot be beaten, even with the hindrance of the apps, for gay bars and rent bars.

8. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 25th, 2018)

Liked

Absolutely right Gerefan2.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I'm afraid I find this all very sad. There are probably still more gay rent bars in Pattaya than the whole of Europe!!
    For me I would save my time and money and go to Thailand...
    • How does a UK resident "save time" with a 24 hour door-to-door journey to Thailand over a 4 hour door-to-door journey to Germany?
    • How any rent bars do you need? There are 4 within walking distance of each other in Berlin.
    • If you can't find an acceptable boy in 4 rent bars then do without - sex isn't actually the most important thing in the world. Well not for balanced individuals at least, of which I assume you are one.
    • Plus, Berlin is an utterly fascinating city - can you honestly say that of Pattaya?
    • Can you imagine going on a historical bus tour of Pattaya for example? It will take you about 6 hours of bus tours on 3 different routes to see just some of the history of Berlin.
    • Does the Mike Mall compare to KaDeWe?
    • Does Walking Street compare to the Brandenburg Gate?
    • Does a mostly closed and deserted Sunee Plaza/BT/Jomtiem/Silom during the day compare to the area around Nollensdorf where there are pavement cafes and restaurants full of predominantly gay couples?
    • Where you can wander around the gay themed shops or quality markets not full of knock-off football tops.
    • Where you could be sitting in Nollensdorf having coffee and cake or just exploring the gay area without some shrill voice screaming MASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE every 50 yards?

However for sex-obsessed people who would do it the mud if they had to (I'm sure there are no SGT members like that) I accept Europe may not be their choice.

Can I also say that although Berlin (for example) is more expensive that say, Pattaya - I find I don't spend significantly more overall. Due partially at least to not being obliged to tip every Pong, Odd, or Lek who crosses my path. The £500-600 saved on air fare also helps!

Liked

Criticising gay men for being obsessed with sex is a little like telling the lions to stop eating the zebras. It's in our DNA. Quiet domesticity is for those approaching their twilight years.