List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What rent bars are still operating in Europe?

Liked

Re: What rent bars are still operating in Europe?

When I open my drag bar in Gran Canaria it'll be heavily featured.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Be sure that's not until after Christmas then please as I dont want to be listening to it THERE either when I go in December as that racket from Rickys Showbar is QUITE bad enough thanks !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I'm off to Prague in 3 weeks time so I'll have to keep an eye open to see what's what there and check out grindr to see if it's busy or not etc. However as I'm going there to take my 80 somehting year old mother and my BF to see the Christmas markets etc I very much doubt I'll manage to escape for any proper deep and dirty investigations of the seedy services on offer - probably ?! :-)
    Don't bother wasting your time. Prague rent scene is completely dead now.

My friend is there right now and said it's completely a waste of time. He goes every few weeks on business but goes to the bars every night. He says it's empty, with just the bar man and himself in the club downstairs most times.

What they do now is close the bar upstairs at 10pm, to try and encourage people to go downstairs to Temple or now known as "Downstairs Club".

The former Pinocchio name was change to Temple Club, then that previous owner, Joe sold the lease to his Head Bar Man Rebeca, who took over the place and changed the name to Up & Down Bar and Club. (As before Monty Bar was upstairs and Temple Club was downstairs)

And the other rent bar called Escape Bar has been closed for few months now, although the new owners (Americans) who apparently are going to open it again were drinking in Club Temple the other week.

Prague is still my favourite City, and I have fond memories of the place, and there is still a gay scene in Prague, but if you're going for the rent bars, don't bother.

Yes, apps still works, but not much MB's about I'm afraid.

But don't let that put you off, as I said it's a great City!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well, in that case I'll just give my mother my full attention then and resist the urge to slut it out for a change ! Hell I could do with the Brownie points for when I die anyway !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Well, in that case I'll just give my mother my full attention then and resist the urge to slut it out for a change ! Hell I could do with the Brownie points for when I die anyway !
    Visit the gay bars, if thats your kind of thing? There are still some about.

Liked

Blacktouch is being a bit too negative about Up & Down, I think. I was there last week and initially posted my impressions on the "limericks" thread elsewhere (hence it includes a verse) - but it has since been moved by the moderators to create a new thread on Sawatdee Gay World.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Nirish guy, as you are going to Prague already, please visit Up & Down Bar and Club for yourself. And please kindly report back your findings?

Now if you were going to Prague just for the rent scene, I would not waste your time and money?

As I said, Prague is still my favourite, and a great City, and I will visit again one day.

I can only go by what my friend has told me on several occasions, and two others who live there. One person who has an apartment in Prague has given it up, and will only now visit occasionally. I also know few other people who have given up going to Prague.

I use to go often, but have stopped going since 4 years now because of its decline.

Still my favourite City, and still good looking guys.

But please do visit and let us hear your thoughts? You never know, you may find a nice cutie?

Liked

The gay scene is shrinking all over the world. I don't know why. It can't just be the apps surely.

Liked

My friend got back from Prague last night (Wednesday)

He went from Monday to Wednesday (2 nights).

He visited both Up/Down Bar & Club (formerly Monty Bar and Temple Club).

He said the attendance was as followed:

Monday eveing/night

Up Bar: 4 customers/5 MB's (nothing special, usual furniture guys).

Down Club: 3 customers/No MB's.

Tuesday evening/night

Up Bar: 8 customers/6 MB's (nothing special).

Down Club: 5 customers/2 MB's (Usual furniture guys).

Furniture Guys = regular local MB's who have been there few years, age 25 upwards.

Please note this was during the week, so weekends may be more people?

My friend only goes during the week on business. His next trip is on 10th December.

These bars use to be full every day, all year round, but not anymore, which is such a shame, as Prague is such a lovely City.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post

Maybe the Pet Shop Boys could do an updated version for Blue Boy Bar
    Pet Shop Boys have very good taste, they used to visit my Euro town often, not touring, just being left to their own devices.
    Always handsome, straight Russian guys lined up for a party, along with other lines.