List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hamburg - anybody visited recently?

Banned
    Liked

Re: Hamburg - anybody visited recently?

These days with Eurostar expanding Amsterdam isn't that far away, although it has to the most expensive place in Western Europe, Switzerland aside

Liked

The idea to travel to Hamburg was just to check out those bars, and if they were worth a longer visit, I would have gone back for a longer time during a weekend.

By going for such a short trip was to do with two things, first being the Ryanair flight times outbound was in the evening, and the return leg was early morning the next day. These so call flight times suited me fine, without haven't the need to book a hotel room?

Second reason was if the bars where waste of time, which they were, then I didn't waste that much money. Plus the flight was very cheap at £10.

Oh, and by me checking out these bars, this helps others on this forum to know, not to waste their time visiting.

I will be checking out some other bars in due course.

After all, the flight was only one hour and 30 minutes and cheap. Train from my house to Stansted Airport was only 50 mintues. The train time from Hamburg airport to central station was only 25 minutes. So timings were not that bad. One thing for sure, I would not of done this if the journey times would have been much longer? I did my research.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Fair enough BT, and don't think I was criticising or questioning your reasoning, more just adding that I personally would find it too much. But as you say as the airport was fairly local to you and it was cheap AND also great that you were able to produce a trip report for the rest of us then I'm certainly glad you bothered and I look forward to reading your next report - whilst I sit here on my fat ass being lazy leaving you to do all the hard graft thats required for such trips

Liked

frequent wrote.
    "These days with Eurostar expanding Amsterdam isn't that far away, although it has to the most expensive place in Western Europe, Switzerland aside"

If one is going to set oneself up as the grammar, spelling and syntax Nazi then one really should learn to use 'be' when required.

Back to my SGT hiatus.
    TTFN.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    These days with Eurostar expanding Amsterdam isn't that far away,
    But why would any gays want to go there any more...?

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    frequent wrote.
    "These days with Eurostar expanding Amsterdam isn't that far away, although it has to the most expensive place in Western Europe, Switzerland aside"

If one is going to set oneself up as the grammar, spelling and syntax Nazi then one really should learn to use 'be' when required.
    I leave that for you. After all, I’ve never claimed to speak perfect English, now have I

Banned
    Liked

The Captain and Tenille, both in the same thread

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Back to my SGT hiatus.
    We can only hope......

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    The Captain and Tenille, both in the same thread
    Yep, but I repeat what is the relevance of the speed of the journey to Amsterdam when there is nothing there for gays to go for?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Fair enough BT, and don't think I was criticising or questioning your reasoning, more just adding that I personally would find it too much. But as you say as the airport was fairly local to you and it was cheap AND also great that you were able to produce a trip report for the rest of us then I'm certainly glad you bothered and I look forward to reading your next report - whilst I sit here on my fat ass being lazy leaving you to do all the hard graft thats required for such trips
    Hi Nirish guy, I know you were not criticising the trip, and I fully understand your point. Trust me I won't be doing that with all the other trips I hope to make. This actual trip was short, so I too the opportunity to have a look.

I aim to try other bars and report back.

My next trip/holiday is to Bali in three weeks time. This trip will not be short, as its a actual holiday and as you can see, its too far. Lol

Full report when I get back.