Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raid on jomtien complex friday 2 nov

Liked

Re: Raid on jomtien complex friday 2 nov

Quote Originally Posted by kkjason View Post
    This is completely wrong thinking. Most of the expats you are talking about think they have some kind of purchasing power here in Thailand, but they most certainly do not. The government, for example, receives no benefit from you or me, or probably anyone else on this forum being here. I think they actually appreciate that we are here, but to say that they are going to suffer some kind of loss because many are 'kicked' out is flawed thinking.
    That was up to the Thai government. For another example, do you have any idea of how easy it would have been for the Thai government to turn Chiang Mai into one of the world's tech hubs? There were probably 5000 - 10,000 tech guys like me in Chiang Mai before, so all the skills and personnel were there. That's why I was saying for years I wanted to move to Chiang Mai -- because although a little under ground, it had a huge tech community.

All the Thai government had to do was relax their immigration laws a bit, and maybe grant a new VISA classification for self employed individuals such as myself who can prove a certain amount of income, and that income comes from our of country. I would have happily paid taxes in exchange for a VISA, as I'm sure thousands of others would have. Then upon being given the freedom to operate, you'd have seen myself and thousands of others renting office space, offering training courses, hiring locals, and so son. Me and thousands of others like me could have transformed Chiang Mai into a tech hub.

The government could have just turned the thousands of us into lawful taxpayers, while we worked hard and created jobs, spent income earned from outside in the country, etc. But nope, the current military dictatorship went and deported all the tech guys instead, so I guess so much for that idea.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 8th, 2018)

Liked

So where are you now? In some SE Asian country in which you have not yet broken their laws?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

DragonMaster (November 8th, 2018), neddy3 (November 6th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Spot on kkjason. Thanks for the interesting analysis.

There is an income tax in Thailand but it becomes an issue for Thais only at a certain income level, which is relatively high.
    There is also a VAT (value added tax) that is charged by legitimate businesses.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by neddy3 View Post
    ...I think that you have got it wrong, again...
    How does one "get it wrong" by asking a question?

Why not just offer your answer without disparaging the questioner?

Liked

Because you didn't just ask a question.
    You spelt out a scenario to explain why the raid took place.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 6th, 2018), francois (November 6th, 2018)

Liked

A question mark indicates a question has been asked rather than a statement having been made. I think you'll find Kittyboy made that point a few posts ago.

And even if it had spelled out a scenario (as you allege) you have absolutely no basis on which to announce "you got it wrong, again" other than your own differing opinion - unless of course you have something in writing from the Head of the Thai Police/Immigration Dept telling you why they raided these premises or can produce some kind of statement from TAT saying how they just welcome elderly gay sex tourists and their dissolute lifestyles.

Now if you and Francois would be kind enough to put me on "ignore" I'd appreciate it - it will save you both being subjected to my "wrong" opinions ever again and thus do yourselves (and me) a great favour - since all you both seem to do is quibble about anything I post and "like" anybody who posts their disagreement with anything I've said.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (November 7th, 2018), francois (November 7th, 2018)

Liked

I don't disagree with everything KKJason says but the sexpats and sex tourists do actually put the money directly into the hands (or down the pants) of the lower strata of society. So it fuels the economy because the money is spent. Your average successful money boy has a better motorbike and phone than the factory worker. Plus he pays rent, buys food etc.

Liked

Good grief, I do believe Cndmatt has put me on ignore. I'm not Scottish or Arsenal so why?
    I couldn't sleep last night, nor could I satisfy the man beside me.
    Fuck . . . my love of Cdnmatt's bullshit will be missed.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

No, I haven't put you on ignore. I just didn't feel like listening to people bitching at me for hijacking another thread, when in reality, it's people like you that hijack the threads due to your obsession with me.

Just look in the "When Barry met Leo" thread om the Everythomg Else section if you want your answer. Reply there, not here.

Liked

Yes. Matt lives in his own threads in the everything else section. Please don't encourage him over here Smiles.