FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Racist Comment of the Year

Liked

Re: Racist Comment of the Year

OMFG a447 I never thought you'd stoop to lying, but you have:

a447 said:

CookieCutter4.jpg

You're right they are at odds with each other because that's NOT what Newbie99 originally posted AT ALL!

Are you seriously suggesting it was ME who first made the "cookie cooker" remark? Because if so that's an unequivocal LIE- it was a direct quote from Newbie99's original post on the subject - a direct quote you have deliberately edited.

Plus, Newbie99 made no mention of Cambodian bar boys in Jomtien "cultivating their appearance" - you've simply invented that to suit your argument.

You owe me an apology for lying about who posted the "cookie cooker" remark and you owe the board an apology for implying things were said which were not said at all.

Oh, and before you lie any more, be aware I have screenshots of Newbie99's original post, complete with his "cookie cooker" remark

Liked

No. Newbie99 made the cookie cutter remark, not you. I never said you did.

He repeated it here(see my post above):

And what I am saying is that there are a bunch of Cambodian boys in Jomtien who look like they came out of the same cookie cutter. I am not saying all Cambodians look alike.
    I have repeatedly referred to your assertion that the poster said all Cambodians look the same. That's all. I've never mentioned cookie cutter.

So I wasn't lying.

And BTW, I have no problem whatsoever with the expression "cookie cutter." It's similar to saying things are "cut from the same cloth" or people are "a carbon copy." Totally innocuous expressions to denote similarity.

Just because Clinton used it in a racist way, doesn't mean it suddenly becomes a racist expression.

Liked

I seriously think you're losing the plot altogether - you clearly accused me of inserting "cookie cooker" - you posted an edited quote from Newbie99 and acused me of "changing it" - I even posted a screenshot of what you said - how can you deny it?

I'll post it again below this - as it's a screenshot the colour merges.

Liked

No, you changed it, not by using "cookie cutter" but by writing:

By saying that all Cambodians come out of the same cookie cooker
    He didn't say that. You say you have the screenshot, so please produce it to show where he did.

And you are correct when you say Newbie99 did not mention the guys "cultivating their appearance." But he didn't need to, as it's common knowledge to anyone who has visited the area. I actually quoted Nom in my recent Pattaya report - he made a similar observation.

Liked

Would you please look at the edited quote you cite from Newbie99 in post #40 and they way you claim to illustrate how I "twisted" it. The edited quote from Newbie fails to include the cookie cooker reference HE made - yet you include it in "my" quote, which was actually quoting HIM - how strange eh?

And talking of post #40 you have been back and edited it - your remark about Clinton was way out (I chose to let it go) but I notice you have now edited that.

I have a screenshot of Newbie's original post which proves he used the term cookie cooker - which (like you) I don't give a damn about, except that in post #40 you were clearly implying (by leaving it out of HIS quote and including it in MINE) that it I had used it originally. You now say you didn't mean it that way. If you still want that screenshot posted then you can have it - no problem whatsoever.

You know what a447 - get lost. I have the law of 27 EU countries (and according to Sglad even Australian law) on my side: A group of Cambodians (and the nationality was specified) was described as all coming from the same cookie cooker, and that's a racist comment - Newbie's comment has nothing to do with "modifying their appearance" as you invented

Your original defence (and what a position to put yourself in, defending that sort of content) was that it wasn't "racist" because Cambodians aren't a race. Now that's been proved wrong (comments don't have to refer to a race to be racist) you are desperately trying to find some other way out. It now appears you're hanging your hat on a distinction between "all Cambodians" and a "group of Cambodians" - well, bad news - that doesn't work either - whether it's ALL Cambodians or a GROUP of Cambodians doesn't matter, it's the fact that their Nationality has been used to single them out.

Liked

Yes, I have looked at it.

I don't take screenshots, and I can't remember word for word what he said, so I took the quote from Moses' post. Although it was also not a word for word quote the intent and meaning of Newbie99's comments remain exactly the same.

I'll repeat it for the very last time. Newbie99 did not say that all Cambodians look the same. Therefore, his comment was in no way racist. That's the only point I am making.

It's 1:30 am and I'm off to bed.

Liked

Have a good sleep.

It's clear that you are now pinning your defence on only a "group" of Cambodians being insulted (they all look the same) rather than the whole Cambodian nation being insulted.

Perhaps when you wake up you'll realise how ridiculous that position is - it's possible to racially insult a single person (and be potentially locked up for it) never mind a group

Liked

Canadian Human Rights Act. Section 3 of the Canadian Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination based on "race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability and conviction for which a pardon has been granted".

Do you see here "citizenship"? If no, please stop your flooding.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

No, but I see "national origin" - did you miss that? Is Cambodia not a nation now?

Anyway, I'll see your Canada and raise you 27 EU Countries.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Can someone remind me which country rules does this board work to?

11. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 5th, 2018)