Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Racist Comment of the Year

Liked

Racist Comment of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie99 View Post
    ...Cambodian boys in the Complex, all seemingly popping out of the same cookie cooker...
    OMFG - that's a front runner for SGT Racist Comment of the Year

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: WTF in Jomtien Complex

There seems to be no shortage of Cambodian boys in the Complex, all seemingly popping out of the same cookie cooker, taller and more muscular than the Thai boys, speaking little English.

I barfined one last night, and discovered that he was straight. All he could do was some fondling, some BJ and some handjob. I guess the word is out in Cambodia that you can make some big money for little work if you can tolerate pretending to be gay.
    There is nothing racist about the "cookie cooker" comment after reading the full quote..scottish is only commenting on it as his daily piss againtst the tree!

What do you mean Newbie by "acting gay"?
    No kiss? No fuck?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

3. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 1st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    ....There is nothing racist about the "cookie cooker" comment...
    Really?

By saying that Cambodians all come out the same "cookie cooker", Newbie99 is saying is that all Cambodians look the same.

And you don't think that's a racist comment? I think you'll find there's wide disagreement - from the US to the UK

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018...all-look-alike

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ple-look-alike

But hey, I can think of 2 people who will probably both give you "likes" - because they're both racists too.

Liked

Some little oik has pressed the red triangle in his continual efforts to cause trouble here. I wonder who it was, I really vant imagine.

Would you type that up for me please Miss Impala.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Really?

By saying that Cambodians all come out the same "cookie cooker", Newbie99 is saying is that all Cambodians look the same.
    Nope. He said: "all Cambodian who are working in the bars of Jomtien complex look the same".
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 2nd, 2018)

Liked

Whichever way he says it, by including the word "Cambodian" it becomes racist..

Whether Hillary Clinton says "All black politicians look the same" or "All blacks in NYC look the same" or even (straight out) "All blacks look the same" is immaterial - all are racist remarks - breaking it down into a subset of politicians or of location - or a subset of bar boys in the case of Cambodians doesn't make it any less racist.

I'm sure it's just a case of Newbie99 not thinking it through rather than trying to be offensive, but suit yourself - if you want to publish or defend racist remarks on your forum that's up to you. I've merely made a post drawing attention to it, I didn't make a complaint

Liked

Really?

And you don't think that's a racist comment? I think you'll find there's wide disagreement - from the US to the UK

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018...all-look-alike

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ple-look-alike

But hey, I can think of 2 people who will probably both give you "likes" - because they're both racists too.
    I am the only one who can tell you what I am saying.

And what I am saying is that there are a bunch of Cambodian boys in Jomtien who look like they came out of the same cookie cutter. I am not saying all Cambodians look alike.

I suspect that the word got out in Cambodia that acting in the bar that they are gay can get them some easy money. They have not yet realized that developing regular customers by acting gay in the room can get them much more money.

10. 6 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 3rd, 2018), arsenal (November 2nd, 2018), bobsaigon2 (November 2nd, 2018), dinagam (November 5th, 2018), Moses (November 2nd, 2018), pennyboy (November 2nd, 2018)

Liked

I am glad that common sense prevailed on this matter. Trouble making use of the red triangle should not be encouraged.

Liked

...what I am saying is that there are a bunch of Cambodian boys in Jomtien who look like they came out of the same cookie cutter...
    And how is that different from Clinton saying that there is a bunch of Black politicians who look alike - a statement roundly condemned across the world as being racist?

Your statement is not any different, it's exactly the same thing - you are profiling a group of people by race or ethnic origin, and in today's world that's not acceptable

Had you simply said "There is a bunch of bar boys in Jomtien who look like they came out of the same cookie cutter" then that would have been an acceptable statement - but by singling out that they are Cambodian bar boys you have made a racist comment (however unintentionally).

It's pretty simple really: Suppose you said "There is a bunch of Accountants in KPMG who all look like they came out the same cookie cutter" - nobody could justifiably accuse you of anything.

Then change your statement to "There is a bunch of Jewish Accountants in KPMG who all look like they came out the same cookie cutter" and the world will (quite rightly) fall on your head.

Liked

Whichever way he says it, by including the word "Cambodian" it becomes racist..
    Again: nope. For to talk about race he should use word "Khmer". "Cambodian" - is word for to name citizen of Cambodia.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

14. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 2nd, 2018)