Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T & Me

Liked

Re: T & Me

He was known as the Great Beloved King due to his reforms.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This has all been very enlightening I have to say ( for once on here of late) - so can I ask then is there any actual benefit of Buying Gold when in Thailand as opposed to "at home" ( wherever that may be for us all) - i.e IS it of a much higher quality, is it more sought after internationally ( or the opposite perhaps ?) or if bringing it home are people just doing so in the hope of avoiding import / income taxes etc perhaps just ?

I should add the above questions are purely for my own passing information and knowledge purposes as I've no intention to be purchasing any gold from a Thai shop anytime soon as I KNOW that me walking into a Thai shop with a wallet full of money would almost certainly result in my walking out of that same shop again an hour later with approximately one baht worth of gold - and I MEAN one BAHT"S worth as I would have "suitable scam victim" written all over me !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post

So if you want to use mass then one must use grams; if you want to use weight then one must use ounces/lbs.
    I am very sorry Francois, but I must beg to differ. Ounces and pounds are also units of mass. The unit of force (weight) associated with the pound is the poundal. At the surface of the earth, the weight of a mass of one pound is approximately 32 poundals.

It's more than half a century since I have used the 'poundal', but I hope that I have used it correctly here.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    [Text deleted in original post]
    I'm not sure, but I think that could earn you three years in jail. IF you were in Thailand.
    Last edited by Jellybean; November 7th, 2018 at 00:59.

Liked

Whatever

Liked

Pathetic
    I was just teasing you, without malicious intent, but I did actually think it was a slightly risky comment--it shouldn't be, but considering the political climate I could see how it might be. Peace.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Swing View Post
    ...but considering the political climate I could see how it might be...
    My bad - I had no idea we had literally just passed the 108th anniversary of his death.

A very sensitive time I agree.

Liked

- I had no idea we had literally just passed the 108th anniversary of his death.
    I wasn't in Thailand (either) but it was quite possibly a National Holiday, no doubt raising the eternal question "Will the bars be open?"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    This has all been very enlightening I have to say ( for once on here of late) - so can I ask then is there any actual benefit of Buying Gold when in Thailand as opposed to "at home" ( wherever that may be for us all) - i.e IS it of a much higher quality, is it more sought after internationally ( or the opposite perhaps ?) or if bringing it home are people just doing so in the hope of avoiding import / income taxes etc perhaps just ?
    The only way I can think of "benefitting" from purchasing gold is as an investment.
    Perhaps for when Mr Corbyn makes our economy more like that of his heros in Venezuela and you need a wheelbarrow full of paper money to buy a loaf of bread.
    Anyway, if you DO want gold as investment, trott down to a reliable gold dealer in the UK and buy some Gold Sovereigns or Britannia coins. Since these are legal tender in the UK, they are free of capital gains tax.

Unlike some gold chain bought in Thailand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thank Goji, although my question was more aimed at "so, if you WERE to buy gold why perhaps do people do that in Thailand and not for instance just in their home Country - does Thailand have some extra added benefit such as higher quality of gold or the opportunity to smuggle it free of taxes etc that isn't instantly obvious to others perhaps ?