FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Visiting Egypt in November

Liked

Re: Visiting Egypt in November

Quote Originally Posted by mikksmix View Post
    Thanks to you and your friend for all the tips Blacktouch! 5 days to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    . . . If you can, hearing how your adventure went would be appreciated?
    mikksmix, I would echo the comments quoted above by Blacktouch. I am really looking forward to reading about your adventures. I wish I could visit Egypt and enjoy some of the delights mentioned on this topic, but health issues now prevent me from doing so. Have a safe and enjoyable holiday mikksmix and don't forget to let us have your trip report!

And may I also say how much I have appreciated the numerous informative posts by Blacktouch. Thank you!

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (November 6th, 2018), Brad the Impala (November 6th, 2018)

Liked

No problem Gents. Pleasure to share whatever information I have or get, to help others have an enjoyable and safe trip.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (November 6th, 2018)

Liked

When you visit the museum in Cairo where Tatankhamun's mask is on display, you may have the good luck to bump into the security guard who followed my friend into the loo. [Even though, in general, Egyptian public toilets are best avoided altogether - many of them are, in my own experience, among the most disgusting in the world!]
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    When you visit the museum in Cairo where Tatankhamun's mask is on display, you may have the good luck to bump into the security guard who followed my friend into the loo. [Even though, in general, Egyptian public toilets are best avoided altogether - many of them are, in my own experience, among the most disgusting in the world!]
    Isn't the toilets a hole in the floor?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As has already mentioned elsewhere in this thread though do lets always be mindful of the Countries we're giving our pink pound too maybe - either from a gay political point of view or even just of that of our safety for ourselves and the local guys that we might meet with.

Egypt it appears are going though on of their (many) homophobic periods just now it seems with (usually local) gay men being rounded up and arrested and forced to endure physical abuse by means of forced anal examinations to "prove" they are gay and have had "gay sex" before then being taken to court and jailed for years for that "offence" ! :-(

One random source re that but there are of course many examples of same .....
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKCN1C50D3

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    As has already mentioned elsewhere in this thread though do lets always be mindful of the Countries we're giving our pink pound too maybe - either from a gay political point of view or even just of that of our safety for ourselves and the local guys that we might meet with.

Egypt it appears are going though on of their (many) homophobic periods just now it seems with (usually local) gay men being rounded up and arrested and forced to endure physical abuse by means of forced anal examinations to "prove" they are gay and have had "gay sex" before then being taken to court and jailed for years for that "offence" ! :-(

One random source re that but there are of course many examples of same .....
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKCN1C50D3
    That in Egypt is true. Openly gay camp guys bring it upon themselves. It’s illegal so why put up a rainbow flag?
    Many guy people have been going to Egypt for many years. So long as you don’t throw camp behavior in their face everything is fine.

Should we gay people be supporting such Countrias, maybe not? But why cut of our nose to spite the face. Egypt is a really nice Country.

9. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (November 9th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I dont even know where to begin your above Blacktouch.

Openly gay camp guys bring NOTHING upon themselves, they are just BEING themselves, it is NOT their fault that the Government of a Country decides to persecute them and physically abuse them - we should never allow that "well they brought it on themslves" logic to even begin to creep in to our logic as THAT'S exactly what the homphobes want - us living in fear and "conforming" to their rules ! Ballox to the lot of them ! There's a reason PRIDE is called pride and we shouldn't shame or make excuses for the attrocious treatment of other gay people in other Countries just because "they brought it on themselves" when all they were doing WAS being themselves.

11. User who gave Like to post:

siscu58 (December 3rd, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I dont even know where to begin your above Blacktouch.

Openly gay camp guys bring NOTHING upon themselves, they are just BEING themselves, it is NOT their fault that the Government of a Country decides to persecute them and physically abuse them - we should never allow that "well they brought it on themslves" logic to even begin to creep in to our logic as THAT'S exactly what the homphobes want - us living in fear and "conforming" to their rules ! Ballox to the lot of them ! There's a reason PRIDE is called pride and we shouldn't shame or make excuses for the attrocious treatment of other gay people in other Countries just because "they brought it on themselves" when all they were doing WAS being themselves.
    I fully agree with you. And yes, they are being just themselves. It's who they are, and no bodody should change that.

My point was, you know it's illegal, so why put up a Gay Flag. They at present won't win. It will take years before any change happens. So in the mean time try to educate these Govements in another way.

We still have a very long way to make change, but need to do it safely and not put oneself in danger.

Maybe I did not make myself clear enough?

13. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (November 10th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yeah. fair enough BT, I'm sure we're on the same page all in all and yes you're right of course that whilst it's brave to stand up and be counted and all that a) that's easy(ier) to do perhaps when living here in the West and yes also maybe not the smartest when you KNOW it's going to lead to your arrest and ultimately no one giving a shit or coming to bail you out, protect you or stand up for your rights etc. But yes also important then that we do show solidarity of course with other gay people around the world too so at some level they know they and their lives do matter too of course.

I think coming from N.Ireland I'm programmed to stand up and fight back a little more against perceived injustices, to my own detriment sometimes and I know when standing in a street in Turkey with police firing plastic bullets and tear gas at a tiny crowd of young gay guys who where doing nothing more than literally waving a rainbow flag whilst finding myself fighting back even I had a moment of "WTF are you doing you idiot !"

But also knowing that aside from getting physically injured if arrested or whatever I would no doubt have been quietly released again relatively unharmed - which looking at some of the injuries the young guys I met in the bars later that day had I took my hat off to them as they most certainly couldn't say the same and yet STILL they went out and waved their / our flag - I guess it's always about finding that fine line and balance between brave, effective, pointless and stupid when protesting or taking direct action.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mikksmix View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm visiting Cairo and Luxor next month and was hoping someone could give me some cruising tips / ideas of where to hookup?

I've found lots of info about the corniche and feluccas in Luxor but all the stories seem to be from 5+ years ago...!
    How was your trip to Egypt?