Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Notes from a recent Thailand Pattaya/Bkk trip.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Notes from a recent Thailand Pattaya/Bkk trip.

Thanks for the report NewAlaan
    Interesting that I don't see NAB being mentioned... so do I take it that you never went there?

I only visited NAB twice on my September trip, all other nights were spent in Silapin or TunNanChon. In fact, at the end of the holiday I still had a card for a full bottle of whiskey in NAB and ended up giving the card to a Khmer friend that goes there most nights

We hit Hollywood once, but the 100B mixer there put us off going back, I think Hollywood will become a 1-trip-per-holiday thing for us
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Re: Notes from a recent Thailand Pattaya/Bkk trip.

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Thanks for the report NewAlaan Interesting that I don't see NAB being mentioned... so do I take it that you never went there?

I only visited NAB twice on my September trip, all other nights were spent in Silapin or TunNanChon. In fact, at the end of the holiday I still had a card for a full bottle of whiskey in NAB and ended up giving the card to a Khmer friend that goes there most nights

We hit Hollywood once, but the 100B mixer there put us off going back, I think Hollywood will become a 1-trip-per-holiday thing for us

No we didn't bother with NAB this time. I was a bit stunned by the lack of interest in NAB as it's not that difficult to get to or back home from. But not one single suggestion came from bf or any of our close friends to hit NAB, and I didn't even run into many boys who still go regularly. We were there last trip and it was ok, but this time calls were for the outdoor Morlam, Walking street and mostly Sinlapin Issan. The thing with Sinlapin is that I personally have a great time every visit and although price is certainly not the reason we go, it is reasonable as you say regarding the like of mixers where if a couple of bottles whisk/Vod are on the go the bill mounts up.
    Certainly the holiday fund wouldn't be bothered by more visits to NAB, but the will to go by the majority seems to have waned for some reason.

The other thing is that the boys in the bars I find are far more keen on Sinlapin than NAB nowadays if given a choice. Still haven't made it back to Tam Nan Chon for a while either, and I did used to enjoy my nights there. A lot of the time I'm quite easy going about where we go and there's never much pushing for Tam Nan Chon either with in our mob.

We went to Hollywood last trip but not this one, bf and couple of his friends really like it because it's jam packed with light-skinned Asians, Japanese and Koreans along with the Chinese who find their way there, but it is a bit out of the way with our thinking nowadays, and I'm not fond of the 'music' there, the DJ selections are garbage for me, and the live set is too short and too full of Asian Kpop style numbers.

I always think we'll have plenty time later in the trip to visit all the places we like/usually visit, but it's amazing just how quickly time runs out when you're out night after night!