Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: More reflections on Boyztown's future

Liked

Re: More reflections on Boyztown's future

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Boyztown like Soi Twilight is all but gone as is Sunee and Chiang Mai....only Jomtien Complex thrieves with farangs 60+ and fem boys with the exception of 3 bars with Cambodian boys....this too shall change as immigration is only offering the Cambodians at this moment 2 week visas.
    I agree with most of what you wrote above except about "The Fems". When I visit Jomtien I always stay at The Venue so my steps down from That Place and out into the Complex takes about 3 seconds ... and I hang out in That Place each night I spend there. I see no more of "The Fems" within the Complex than any other grouping of gay bars in Thailand.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    sglad has a brain
    Yes but who's brain does it belong to?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    While on the subject of spelling errors, you do mean, pretentious?
    You are right, Francois! I should not have criticized Sglad's use of "vis a vis", obviously I can't spell, and I was wrong.

4. User who gave Like to post:

francois (October 21st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    While on the subject of spelling errors, you do mean, pretentious?
    Any thoughts on people using an expression in French, in conversation that is otherwise in English?

Do French people do this? Do two French men drop English words into a sentence, while conversing in French?

Do French people talk at all, you know, about stuff, about life, small talk in general, or do they just open their mouth enough to point out, and correct each other's grammar and spelling errors? You are the only French person I know, so I'm curious.
    I imagine it may be quite time consuming if a non native French speaker attempts to have dialogue in French, with a French man. Imagine the mountain of spelling errors! You'd need a full time assistant.

Liked

The UK TV station Channel 4 broadcasts lots of series in non-English languages in its Walter Presents strand. Most of them are sub-titled rather than dubbed, so you hear the original language being spoken. It is noticeable that most of the foreign languages featured do incorporate a surprising number of individual English words or even whole phrases. It seems especially true of the Nordic languages - Swedish and Danish in particular seem to have incorporated quite a bit in the way of English slang expressions into their everyday speech.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

delete

Liked

Of all the gay encounters I've had over the years, around 50% took place without a word spoken, and in probably over 75% of encounters I never got to tell the other guy my name - and vice versa.

Spontaneous stuff - cut to the chase - just have sex..

For my generation this doesn't feel like unusual behaviour, which makes me wonder whether a) The smartphone generation is creating a radically new outlook towards gay sex or b) This is just a temporary fad.

Will the next generation of bar users mosey into a bar and get that sudden impulse to suck the dick of the third boy from the left, caring nothing about his name or background, and trusting the bar to make sure he's old enough? Or will they want to see people on their phones, and rattle off loads of text messages before arranging where to meet, only to find that the cute innocent looking photos the boy sent him were taken five years before..?

Smartphones have turned all sorts of social survey data upside down since they first became mainstream in 2012, and not always in a good way - depression and self-harm amongst younger people have both gone through the roof.

So will the big brother technology just get more and more intense - or will the next generation of young people celebrate being 'off-grid' and revel in having real encounters with real people?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    ... will the next generation of young people celebrate being 'off-grid' and revel in having real encounters with real people?
    No they'll just sit wanking on their phones as they do now!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

sad but true...damn steve jobs killed the cottaging/dogging scene...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

although it doesnt explain the demise of the gay club...seems like the modern shirt lifter prefers to mingle with the breeders ...