Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: More reflections on Boyztown's future

Liked

Re: More reflections on Boyztown's future

Quote Originally Posted by kjun12 View Post
    Ah, racism alive and well on Sawatdee.
    FAIR WARNING!: Batten down the hatches ... "off topic" is about to annoy yo'all)

Nonsense re "racism".
    But then there is "dumb ass", and that's well covered by kjun. As usual.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    When new le cafe opens, it may change the Soi, if it opens as karaoke or any kind of live music. Thais do only one kind of live music, very loud.
    Even during the last year of previous le cafe, a show bar, it was difficult to sit anywhere near le cafe. The stupid drag show with volume cranked to the max, absolutely empty bar, only staff watching the "show".
    Across from le cafe, at Ambiance even wearing headphones didn't help, it is impossible to listen to my own player with oversize headphones, only with ear canal IEM, in ear monitors, I managed to sit at Ambiance terrace through the show. It was difficult to even talk when show was on. It didn't help that around same time, every night similar drag show started at what used to be Copa, so sitting at Ambiance, you had unbearable noise coming from left and right. Former Copa had at least customers watching the show, le cafe was consistently dead.

It's puzzling who these drag shows are meant for. No one seems to like them, gay guys like men, we don't like women, so why would we need a show with groups of woman screaching away? I asked this from every gay friend at Soi, no one says they like it. But bars are almost on auto pilot - let's open a gay bar, and OF COURSE we shall have drag shows.
    Maxis at Soi Twilight is excellent example what most people really want, but places like this are rare, there are almost none, Ambiance terrace the only place like this in Boyztown.
    I bet le cafe will be noisy, and if live show, or karaoke will be zero interest for westerners. Maybe Chinese, but so far Chinese are not visiting Boyztown in large numbers, they only go to few gogo's.
    But on other hand, Ian's and Robby's later years le cafe, restaurant was dead, day or night. In 2003 it was still super busy, after Panorama and gogos closed at 1am, everybody went to let cafe, with hotel, and bar was not subject to 1am law, bar was open 24hr. There were foreigners, hustlers, everybody was happy.
    By 2006 it was getting quiet, bars were allowed to open after 1am, Panorama remained very popular, and there was really no point for le cafe to exist. Night after night empty tables on terrace, bored staff hanging around.
    It's difficult to predict what would work for that location, a proper night club would be a guaranteed hit, but zoning doesn't allow it. Karaoke? Don't think so!
    An excellent potted history of Boyztown from someone who has only been with us less than a year and only been posting 4 months. Long term lurker, or very long term lurker...or someone else?

Liked

And tonight Family Mart on corner of 2nd road and Boyztown closed down, Thai lady outside said "Finiit".

Let's hope Chinese bought this as well, and are opening gay Gogo bar, right on Second Rd, excellent walk in traffic

Boyztown family mart.jpg

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    An excellent potted history of Boyztown from someone who has only been with us less than a year and only been posting 4 months. Long term lurker, or very long term lurker...or someone else?
    I think ... not fair at all.
    A new-ish member to Sawatdee shouldn't be tagged with insinuations simply because of that. From what I've read he's a thoughtful contributor.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Fuck that's annoying. That shop was very useful. Let's hope it re-opens as a 7-11. Those two operate as a cartel with virtually identical products and pricing which I actually really like.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Fuck that's annoying. That shop was very useful. Let's hope it re-opens as a 7-11. Those two operate as a cartel with virtually identical products and pricing which I actually really like.
    Not necessary Arsenal. There is a 7/11 right opposite!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

You seem to believe that visiting Boyztown regularly since 2003 requires SGT membership.

I imagine you gave it some thought, before clicking "Post Reply", yes?
    So the only explanation is that you are unusually thick.
    In my 4 months of actively posting here, I have yet to come across a post from you, that has anything to add to conversation. So I have ignored your posts, not exactly difficult thing to do.
    Gerefan2, please don't ask me personal questions, I don't know you, and I don't want to know you. Asking personal questions from total stranger is considered rude, you will never catch me asking about your life, and your history in Pattaya. Wanna know why that is? Cos I don't know you, and I feel I'm in no position to ask you about personal stuff. More importantly, I don't want to know you.
    Perhaps you should go back and count the days I've been member here, whatever you do to fill your days, but please, no more personal questions, ok? And if possible, no more stupid questions! It's not going to work out between you and I, you need to look for friends some place else.

Are you Chinburi immigration? No? Fuck off, then! Go to your Double Shot, enjoy your evening, try not to bother strangers! Basic stuff, really.

9. User who gave Like to post:

siscu58 (October 23rd, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think I like DD...kicking arse like theres no tomorrow

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    In my 4 months of actively posting here, I have yet to come across a post from you, that has anything to add to conversation. So I have ignored your posts, not exactly difficult thing to do.
    Thank you. Very familiar wording indeed...