List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We won the war ! NO WE did ! NOOOOo We did !! NOOOOOOO we did ! There you guy guys, knock yourselves out below !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: We won the war ! NO WE did ! NOOOOo We did !! NOOOOOOO we did ! There you guy guys, knock yourselves out below !

oh crap...i just googled it...had no idea...but explains a lot...

Liked

Re: We won the war ! NO WE did ! NOOOOo We did !! NOOOOOOO we did ! There you guy guys, knock yourselves out below !

Who would have guessed he was a rabid Nazi.

Still like his clothes, though.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Who would have guessed he was a rabid Nazi...
    Are you serious? It's common knowledge that he designed/produced Uniforms for the Brownshirts, the Wermacht and the SS - which included using forced Polish and French labour who were housed in a prison camp in the grounds of his factory.

He was even tried and convicted after the war

Common knowledge amongst everybody except you two apparently.

Liked

It's common knowledge that he designed/produced Uniforms for the Brownshirts, the Wermacht and the SS
    That's what I said.

As for how and where he produced them, I've no idea. I didn't learn about that where I grew up.

I'm interested to find out how you know what is and isn't "common knowledge" in Australia and Japan.
    Last edited by a447; October 21st, 2018 at 21:36.

Liked

That's what I said....I'm interested to find out how you know what is and isn't "common knowledge" in Australia and Japan.
    OK I read only your post #22 and still can't understand why, if you knew he designed/made the uniforms, why you're surprised to discover he was a rabid Nazi? Did you think he just got a stiffy from handling the cloth?

As for what's common knowledge in Australia and Japan, well I just assumed they had education there!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Its NOT common knowledge and the reason I guess is that he was tiny in comparison to some of the bigger players like bayer...

7. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (October 22nd, 2018)

Liked

My point exactly, Latin.

I few years ago I was in Prague. SG, as you have visited that city a number of times in sure you are familiar with the various walking tours. I chose the tour which visited sites related to the Nazis.

Right at the beginning the tour guide held up a photo of a dashing young man dressed in a Nazi uniform and asked us to nominate who he was. Nobody could.

At the end of the tour she had us all turn our backs to the street and held up the photo again to give us another chance of guessing who he was. She got the same reply - no idea.

She then asked us to turn around and look across the street. And there was the Hugo Boss store. That's how everyone, including myself, first heard about his Nazi connection.

There was an audible gasp from many of us. The guy in the photo was Hugo Boss! But many in the group reacted along the lines of "Who the fuck is Hugo Boss?"

The group consisted of tourists from various European countries and a couple from South Korea. If it were "common knowledge" you'd think at least all the Europeans would be familiar with the story and if that were the case, the tour guide would have chosen a photo of a lesser known Nazi to achieve her element of surprise.

As for what's common knowledge in Australia and Japan, well I just assumed they had education there!
    Well, we do have education here. And I'm sure students are taught that not everyone who worked for the Nazis was sympathetic to the regime. And I'm equally certain that they do not teach about obscure fashion designers.

Your assertion was rather silly.

Liked

Scottish Guy wrote.
    "As for what's common knowledge in Australia and Japan, well I just assumed they had education there"

Rather presumptuous to assume an education in Scotland is going to mirror one in Australia or any other country. Different countries see historical events in different ways. Little reason to insult people over it.

Liked

...Your assertion was rather silly.
    Well I guess what's "common knowledge" does depend on the people one associates with.

Liked

'Common'. Anyone we know?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulgarity