List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thai policemen - always on duty or not ?

Liked

Re: Thai policemen - always on duty or not ?

Who knows, he could be self-flagellating himself to full ecstacy.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post

Btw, has anyone else noticed that frequent is missing? What happened?
    Oh, not again...he hasnt has he ???
    Mods.....please give us the news...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    ...That is not to belittle the immense contribution of the USA, which is all the more principled because they didn't have to do it...
    Er... oh, yes they did, I'm afraid. The USA didn't enter the war by choice but because war was declared on them (a) by Japan attacking at Pearl Harbor, and then (b) by Hitler declaring war on the USA (not the other way around). The USA may have been generally sympathetic to the anti-Axis cause before December 1941 but it was dragged into the conflict willy-nilly. It didn't enter the war on principle at that point but because they had no choice over whether to do so or not.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    So, just purely out of interest might anyone have ant idea as to which it might be, i.e " Can a Thai police man arrest you 24/7 and even if he's outside of his station area etc?"
    Yes, they can if the situation warrants it. Here they were hired as deterrents but they still have their police powers. I'm not sure of the legality of this working on the side business but I doubt you're going to get very far with the "you weren't officially on duty so the arrest is illegal" argument with the Thai authorities. They could also be legit auxiliary police. And the most obvious explanation, the one that farangs tend to overlook, is that they are part-and-parcel of the parasitic habitat in what is essentially an illegal industry - they are there to "protect" that particular territory, provide tips offs of impending raids and general security, in return for protection money. Their job is to manage and contain, and to deflect as much negative attention from those businesses as possible, unless of course they've been behind in their protection payments.

In this case, they clearly chose not to arrest as they probably, and correctly, thought that the whole matter could be contained. Thai police have been getting a lot of bad press lately, especially in cases involving farang women, and the last thing they'd want is another PR nightmare involving loud-mouthed Americans.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    Er... oh, yes they did, I'm afraid. The USA didn't enter the war by choice but because war was declared on them (a) by Japan attacking at Pearl Harbor, and then (b) by Hitler declaring war on the USA (not the other way around). The USA may have been generally sympathetic to the anti-Axis cause before December 1941 but it was dragged into the conflict willy-nilly. It didn't enter the war on principle at that point but because they had no choice over whether to do so or not.
    My thoughts were that the USA could easily have chosen to engage only with Japan and the Pacific War, and left Germany and Italy to their own devices in Europe.

I can't think what possible threat Germany and Italy posed to USA with their declaration of war, which is why I'm suggesting USA didn't have to actively enter the war in Europe.

After entering the war, I'm aware that Roosevelt agreed that Europe would be the priority and again I would suggest he and the USA didn't have to make it so.

Anyhow - I feel guilty having this discussion on NIrish's thread so I'm gonna say no more.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Anyhow - I feel guilty having this discussion on NIrish's thread so I'm gonna say no more.
    Oh dont worry, just work away there, I gave up on this thread and expecting any sensible answers about same AGES ago !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I wonder if that khassoggi guy is related to the 1970's arm trader of the same name....anyway message seems to be dont mess with the saudis...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    I wonder if that khassoggi guy is related to the 1970's arm trader of the same name....anyway message seems to be dont mess with the saudis...
    His nephew, according to the New York Times.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Yes, they can if the situation warrants it.
    Thank you SGLAD for a reply that WAS on topic and interesting - unlike all the other drivel about the second war world war etc that has and had FUCK ALL to do with this thread and should be shifted elsewhere ( maybe to a board for children arguing about "we won the war: "No, you didn't WE did" OHHHH NOOOOO, you didn't WE did" going on ad infinitum.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

relax u interloper...cant your little brain handle more than one story line...so pedantic ... what r u??? sheldon??