Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Happy Prince

Liked

The Happy Prince

The Happy Prince is a film written and directed by as well as starring Rupert Everett. It's about Oscar Wilde and his life in Europe after prison.

It's beautiful. Sumptuously shot and employing all the cinematic techniques going it's quite simply masterful. It shows Oscar with all his faults but concentrates on his self destructive personality that did not only for him but almost everyone who got close to him.

Sufficiently homo erotic and featuring the absolutely gorgeous French actor Benjamin Voisin as his part time rent boy there's plenty of eye candy.

Some nice humour too. I loved the scene where the mother of one of his cavorting boys barges in. I won't give it away.

Highly recommended.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

DoubleDutch (October 14th, 2018), francois (October 13th, 2018), paborn (October 18th, 2018), snotface (October 14th, 2018)

Liked

Re: The Happy Prince

Thank you! Had no idea about this film!

Just watched trailer:

This is not going to be easy watch.

4. User who gave Like to post:

francois (October 14th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For some unknown reason I've always ben very ambivalent about all the gay rights things...I dont see the point of gay marriage (a simple legal contract affords me the same protection)..I have no wish to walk down the aisle...I dont want to adopt...I see most of the activists as deranged attention seekers...maybe its because I've always lived in countries where being gay was not a reason to fear for my life or job.
    But this movie is certainly a jolt to the system...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    For some unknown reason I've always ben very ambivalent about all the gay rights things...I dont see the point of gay marriage (a simple legal contract affords me the same protection)..I have no wish to walk down the aisle...I dont want to adopt...I see most of the activists as deranged attention seekers...maybe its because I've always lived in countries where being gay was not a reason to fear for my life or job.
    But this movie is certainly a jolt to the system...
    Understood, you don't want to get married, you do not need equal rights.

As it happens, I don't want to get married either, I believe being gay actually liberates me from many social norms and pressures.
    I feel lucky that I don't have to play by their set of rules.

But latintopxxx, did you know that there are gay people in this world , who are not you? I bet you did not know that!

I bet you didn't know that!

(As of why you posted here, in Oscar Wilde thread, of all places, only you know.
    You really should refrain posting in this thread. Oscar Wilde was possibly the most eloquent wordsmith, and brightest speaker and thinker in his time, and maybe since. You, latintopxxx, are one of the dumbest men on internet. Do you see this is not a good fit? You do not, of course! The thing about very dumb, it is not that they do not know the answer, it's that they don't understand the question.
    Good night, latintopxxx!)

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 14th, 2018), snotface (October 14th, 2018)

Liked

A boorish post Latin and not remotely related to the film.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

hello....isnt 1 of the main threads of the movie to do with how he was disgraced and jailed for being gay???

Liked

Why don't you just watch the film and offer a viewpoint on that instead of thinking every thread is there for you to tell us about you.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh dear...guess some of us have gone the same way as the american political scene...no dialogue...or listening...just screaming at one another...

Liked

For those of you who are interested the film is about a man torn into pieces. His rage at the society that has rejected him and his desire to to to rejoin that society. His desire to be part of a couple and his need to get cheap sex whenever he can. His guilt at his own behaviour and his belief that he's special so can do what he likes. His love and hate for Bosie.

"He'll eat ypu" says one of his closest friends to Robert, his literary agent who is in love with him. Like everyone else.

At one point Oscar says
    "I've never been happier" and this too is half true. It's one of the few times he's had sex with a man without the fear is arrest and exposure.

Rupert Everett has managed to capture all that on film.

For those of you interested in Latin telling you about Latin there's a post above for you to enjoy.

13. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (October 14th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

clearly u r being obtuse...your dislike for me and my valuable input drives u to refuse to see my point...Ill light a candle and pray for u next sunday after holy mass....