Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A few reflections on my return to Pattaya

Liked

Re: A few reflections on my return to Pattaya

I said that the Phuket scene is a mere shadow of what it was - not that there wasn't one - and I suspect very few on this board give a flying fuck that "young Asian customers from Singapore" are happy to pay £10 for a beer or a Pineapple juice, just to watch some tired old cock show that we've all seen ad nauseam

On the bright side you got a "like" from Arsenal the clapping seal - which is surely the worst possible response to a post that anyone would wish for - be a sport and throw him another fish as his total irrelevance these days is killing him

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post
    Utter rubbish, as usual, spouted by the infamous wannabe who has no relevant first-hand experience upon which to base his assertions.

The Phuket gay scene is alive and vibrant...

But there are still 3 such venues: MyWay/Yes in its new location, Mo2 and of course Passport

There are even several ‘rub and tug’ massage houses like ..

Utter rubbish, huh? Phuket gay scene "vibrant"? LOL.

Are you being sarcastic, or do you really believe Phuket bar scene is vibrant? If you call that vibrant, then Sunee in Pattaya can be described as flourishing and explosive.

As for Bangkok, I visit city about twice a month, I have foreigners friends there, non of us goes to Soi Twilight gogo bars, Westerners go to Banana and other places to sit, eat and socialize at Twilight, but other than occasional clueless Western tourist, no farang visits Soi Twilight gogo bars regularly.

You mentioned what a great success Dream Boys is, true, but only for Asian visitors, mainly Chinese. Since SGT is English speaking board, and most posters are Westerner, it is fair assessment that Bangkok gogo scene is useless to us. Now, you can argue that it is wonderful for Chinese tourists, and you'd be correct, but we are not Chinese. Bangkok foreigners who I know well travel to Pattaya often, and usually for one specific reason - gay gogo bars. So when someone says that Bangkok gogos are useless, they are 100 percent right.

What else, lets see. Yes yes, there are 3 (THREE!!) gay massage joints in Phuket, vibrant indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMee View Post

As for the “horrendously expensive BKK scene”, those of us who actually visit do know that Soi 2, Soi 4 and successful bars like Jupiter, Moonlight and DreamBoys are all crowded with young Asian customers coming from Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei and Seoul where they are used to paying $10~15 per drink
    Seems you agree with Scottish- guy, what exactly are you arguing? You are making his point, and you don't seem to realize it.

Chiang Mai has no gay scene to speak of, same goes for Phuket. Bangkok gogo scene was great 10 years ago, now useless to most expats and visiting Westerners, other than few noobs. What Bangkok still has going is lively Silom soi 4, touristy but still allright, and soi 2 with Station and many cool bars.

Since the topic is hooking up with Asians in Thailand, only Pattaya is still a place to visit gogo bars for hook up. Few noob Westerners in Dream Boys at soi Twilight is no way indication how great Bangkok gogo scene is. Gogo scene in Bangkok blows, and everybody knows it. I live here, that takes away your trump card "Haha, you don't even live here"

Hooking up, gay and straight has moved to apps, not just Thailand, in every place on Earth.

I was going to write recap, but there is no need when someone already has, and said it better than I could:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post

Take into account that the gay scene in Phuket is a shadow of what it used to be, that CM as a gay centre is (and was always) shite, and that nobody really knows whats going on with the horrendously expensive BKK scene, it leaves only the Soi of Sleaze - featuring Golden Cock and a couple of others.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Blacktouch (October 14th, 2018), scottish-guy (October 13th, 2018)

Liked

On the bright side you got a "like" from Arsenal the clapping seal - which is surely the worst possible response to a post that anyone would wish for
    Clapping seal, I never seen a clapping seal, ever!
    Did you mean a real seal, the cute sea creature? Did you mean "flapping", maybe?
    I would very much like to see a cute, clapping seal. Do you think you could convince your friend Arsenal, to show how it's done?

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 14th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Clapping seal, I never seen a clapping seal, ever!
    Did you mean a real seal, the cute sea creature? Did you mean "flapping", maybe?
    I would very much like to see a cute, clapping seal. Do you think you could convince your friend Arsenal, to show how it's done?
    I always aim not only to please, but to educate:

7. 5 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (October 16th, 2018), DoubleDutch (October 14th, 2018), francois (October 16th, 2018), GWMinUS (October 16th, 2018), Patanawet (October 15th, 2018)

Liked

I always aim not only to please, but to educate:
    OMG OMG OMG they are so cute!

This is what SGT is all about, a place for education, a place for a man to grow emotionally!
    I learn so much here, almost every day! Thank you!

I'm now considering a seal as a support, and comfort animal for long flights, I was set on getting a baby racoon, but it's clear now that seal is my comfort animal.

Seals are in many ways 180 degree opposite of Paborns, seals are soothing, loving creatures. I feel calmer already, just by looking at these magnificent creatures!

In your home video that you posted, which one is Arsenal?

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 14th, 2018), dab69 (October 14th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    This is what SGT is all about, a place for education, a place for a man to grow emotionally!
    I learn so much here, almost every day! Thank you!
    Can we take that as YOUR SEAL ...... of approval then DD !? :-)

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Blacktouch (October 14th, 2018), DoubleDutch (October 14th, 2018)

Liked

If anyone would like to send me some fish I'd prefer turbot, mackerel, tuna or giant shrimp. No sprats thank you as we're fully stocked with those.

Loving the cut of your jib DD.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For those who were earlier discussing Phuket and as to whether or not it was still vibrant as it used to be etc I've posted the pic below which has just been posted on facebook by a Thai (bar) friend of mine to another Thai guy, with a comment added saying "Patong Phuket used to be the future of many people" - the implication being "awww so sad compared to what it used to be I'm guessing" - so even the Thai's are aware of it's gentle decline it seems.

I would also add that I was there both 10 years ago and also 4 months ago and both he (a nd the posters above) are generally right that it certainly wasn't what it was before, but saying that where is these days - but just to fair to the place there is still some life about it ( albeit with too many straight people now in the clubs when I was there) but it certainly wasn't as "vibrant" as I remember it once was perhaps.

Also for the sake of fairness and accuracy the place WAS a lot busier than the pic below suggests and I was going to say perhaps it was taken at 5 in the morning or something, but as I see a group of guys at the end of the Soi where the old Boat bar /club used to be and it appears to be open then maybe not !? But in case anyone is thinking of going don't worry it wasn't as quiet as this pic suggests perhaps ( MAYBE !?).

44065133_2370504219632350_7420885145894256640_n.jpg

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My first visit to Phuket was in 1997; at that time, I knew Boyztown and nowhere else in Thailand. I thought Patong a dump- shabby, uninteresting and its gay area boringly quiet compared to Pattaya. Admittedly it was low season...but a week later I was in Pattaya and relieved to be based in a an area that was vibrant. I've returned to Phuket on four or five occasions since and my opinion of Patong hasn't changed.

15. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 16th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

We concur on that Oliver2 - however whilst Patpong centre is a dit of a dump etc I would add if anyone is thinking of taking a trip that direction that the WHOLE point of going there isn't ( or shouldn't) be to see Patong or the small gay area BUT to get OUT of Patong and hit the islands and surrounding areas there which ( when not crowded and boats aren't sinking) are fabulous and well worth seeing - certainly still not as breath taking as Vietnam but still worth getting up out of bed early for and going and seeing (IMHO).