Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast

Thread: When Barry met Leo

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: When Barry met Leo

Having a high cholesterol level one day doesn't mean you're going to have a heart attack the next day ( but you might), also your levels can go up and down depending on diet etc- HOWEVER having a permanently high level isn't good and as has been said it can lead on to other complications including heart attack etc.

The good news is that getting your cholesterol level down IS something you can address quite easily by means of reasonably simple changes to your diet etc and maybe a little excercise etc. So, in a way it's good that you're able to see your high number now as that should be telling you to do somehting about it and that you can (and should) address that before it DOES becomes a bigger medical issue.

And as Gerefan2 has said - just go see your Doctor as taking medical advice from anyone on the internet is never a good idea - but for stuff like high cholesterol, well, that advice is fairly simple and straightforward and equates to the likes of "hey I'm bleeding should I try to stop the bleeding" etc - so, yes go see someone and maybe try to get your numbers down as simply put it can't do you any harm.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Nirish is absolutely right.
    I have checks every 6 months and am amazed that my cholesterol can reduce significantly with just a loss of 2 Kgs since the last check.
    I queried this with the quack not beleiving that such a small loss of weight could make that much difference. He assured me it did.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    I've never seen you telling others here how to carry on. You don't like when you are told what you can say, and what you can't, and rightfully so. But in this instance you are going one step further, you are telling me what I should or shouldn't believe.
    Oh dear, my Ignore list is getting longer

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Oh dear, my Ignore list is getting longer
    Since you put me on ignore, you won't be reading this. If you did, I would tell you I am very sorry that we won't talk again. I will miss you very much. Does one small disagreement warrant ignore? I'll never know, because you won't be reading this.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Well, what? MDMA has been common place for how long now? I think at least 15 years, and it obviously started well before that. Smiles not knowing what MDMA is is about the equivalent of him not knowing what Facebook is.
    What's a Facebook?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Facebook is a site where people voluntarily post information about their whole lives and are then surprised when said info is sold to advertisers.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (December 4th, 2018), Smiles (December 5th, 2018)

Liked

I completely missed this thread when it was first published. Thanks to the forum member who pointed me in this direction. I like to think of myself as a writer. But honestly, I'm only in the ha'penny place compared to this.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

NIrish, I just read your comment about Barry turning up pregnant. So fuckin' funny.

Liked

Re: Karma

Sorry, I had to stop reading at this point (page 6). Cdnmatt, is this available in paperback? I'd pay cash money for it.

Banned
    Liked

Re: Karma

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Sorry, I had to stop reading at this point (page 6). Cdnmatt, is this available in paperback? I'd pay cash money for it.
    Kindle - like yours