Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: When Barry met Leo

Liked

Re: When Barry met Leo

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    I asked Pot about this word. At first he had no idea, but after some machinations around the pronunciation a light went on using a soft 'g'.
    Apparently it is something to do with lady boys standing around in loud screeching conversation.
    Even then he was not 100% certain that I was giving him a proper pronunciation.
    Go figure.
    I will try again today, perhaps on a neighbour.

Pardon my outburst in my last post. Cndmatt makes my blood boil.
    I'm really not that interested in the gik wars, which is why I had not written anything along those lines.
    You pronounce it more like kik than gik. I also read that Krung Thep is apparently not done. What hogwash on here, it's not only matt, but the bollocks uttered by some others too !

Krung Thep, Krung Thep, Krung Thep. Here done it three times now !

All of those years I sinned by using Krung Thep oh my..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    I asked Pot about this word. At first he had no idea, but after some machinations around the pronunciation a light went on using a soft 'g'.
    Apparently it is something to do with lady boys standing around in loud screeching conversation.
    Even then he was not 100% certain that I was giving him a proper pronunciation.
    Go figure.
    I will try again today, perhaps on a neighbour.
    Hi Smiles

It's กิ๊ก, pronounced as gík. The g here sounds like an un-aspirated k. It means a casual boyfriend, girlfriend or playmate; someone you're likely to be sharing intimacy with.

I think I understand how Pot mistook it for a "bunch of lady-boys standing around in loud screeching conversation". He probably heard you pronounce it as

คิก or kík where the k here IS aspirated. It denotes the sound of giggling which lady-boys often make

OR he might have heard it as

กรีด or grèet which means to scream, screech or shriek, which lady-boys certainly do.

The three words have very close pronunciations and it is easy to be misunderstood. Even Thais misunderstand each other sometimes. Did you provide any context?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    posted on 22th Nov...... I have 2 or 3 weeks to get there before he takes off .
    Nearly one week gone already and only a maximum of two to go now eh! ......time to get that flight booked Matt while they're still a bit cheaper as you'd hate to go all that way and find him gone on your arrival .....mind you I guess Kong could always look after you in that case then......( there, dont say i don't help with the next chapter in moving things along for you ..... :-)

Liked

No, shit changed on me again. He's building a bungalow in the village now! Had $900 worth of materials ddelivered yesterday, and now has $200 left to his name.

I think it's actually a good idea. Give his old man a better place to live instead of the current tin shed he lives in.

Then apparently he's starting his vegetable farm, so I'm not sure, but I think that means he's stuck in his village for at least 6 months.

This actually works better for me anyway. I can relax at my parent's house, finish up my new software platform, so when I get back to Asia I will be in an even better position.

Who knows, who cares. I convinced Kong to stay in university though, so that's cool. He's in his 4th year and was thinking of dropping out. Idiot.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ahhhh so there we go - a six month repreive eh, lucky you - and to think not just a week ago HE was going to leave YOU if you didn't come at once, it seems that HE had other plans all along ! Just as well you didn't rush back eh, you'd of been left high and dry again OR paying for the build of a new house ( although it's proabably highly time that he gouged you for that one anyway)........still, nice that he has his own money now and can afford to do all these things by himself now if nothing else, he must have invested all that money you gave him very wisely over the years after all - or found some other way of augmenting his income I guess, still, smart boy that Leo, defintely one to watch in the future as a real up and coming smart guy.

But re your "who knows who cares" part then ....so are we to take it that YOU then no longer care again then about him / things or is now your new life with your husband and things are all fully back on track again now then ? If so that must be nice for you to allow you to get some mental peace of mind again about all of that and to know that you're defintely the main thing in his life again now, especially after that stressful period of insecurity caused by your forced seperation.

Still, only another few months ( at the least I'm guessing now) before you see each other again and all will be right with the world eh.

Liked

Yeah, it's my money he's using to build the bungalow. He's a good little saver, I tell ya!

He's broke now, but at least he and his old man will have a nicer place to live in. Not sure how he's going to build his planned kitchen and bathroom with no money, but whatever, up to him.

Yeah, I'm back to not caring. Just finished a nice 4 day holiday with my brother and sister-in-law, so spending time with them helped me put things into perspective. Went to some small island called Salt Spring -- was good.

Now I'm just pissed off because I think I may have lost my main business partner due to my delays while I was being emotionally and mentally tortured. Probably didn't lose him though, but I think he'll just make me wait until I get my new software platform 100% before completing the deal. See what happens.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

He's a good little saver, I tell ya!
    Yeah, or a good little earner too I guess....still just as long as you're not having to foot ALL the bills now and it he's got perhaps a few other farang now to call upon to help him out with his costs etc then at least that helps lighten the load on your required handouts somewhat now.

Not sure how he's going to build his planned kitchen and bathroom with no money.....
    Oh I doubt he'll find that too much of a problem.......you know what they say about Farang, they're like buses, none around for ages and then just when you need one several cum at once, so I'm sure Leo will find a way.

Banned
    Liked

... while I was being emotionally and mentally tortured.
    By yourself - entirely self-inflicted. On the plus side, Bitcoin's price has stabilised, give or take a few hundred dollars

Liked

Building a 'bungalow' for $900 (CA or US?) eh? Last we heard he had a "pile of (your) money". Now the definition of "a pile" is $900 plus a measly $200 left over. Wow.
    Perhaps that tent you were going to live in last year (?) will now come in handy. And you eating the famous Carrot Diet.
    Sounds like so much fun, and so damned romantic.

" ... Yeah, I'm back to not caring ... "

And then comes the partner-no-partner story to spice things up.

" ... I think I may have lost my main business partner due to my delays while I was being emotionally and mentally tortured. Probably didn't lose him though, but I think he'll just make me wait until I get my new software platform 100% before completing the deal ..."
    You are such a loser.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Yeah, he used to have a good chunk of money in savings, but he went and pissed it all away. What do you want me to do about that?

He took off to Bangkok, grabbed a job at some Korean restaurant, and a couple months later went back to his village with $2000 less to his name. Then no idea what his little sex holiday cost him, but apparently after the holiday and purchasing the building supplies for his new bungalow, he's now broke. Asked if I could send him some money, but he said I'm not allowed.

He doesn't have a plan forward, nor does he really know what he's doing. All he knows right now is he has a bunch of wood and cement sitting on his father's farm, and he's going to build himself and his father a bungalow, dammit!