Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: When Barry met Leo

Liked

Re: When Barry met Leo

Yes, again, I knew Thailand changed their laws and procedures. I just didn't know Laos changed theirs as well in conjunction with Thailand's changes.

Liked

Can I ask, why Laos? It's the saddest place in the region.
    Why not Vietnam? Almost prestine beaches, because it's not small, shallow bays, beaches are right on South China Sea, waves knock you off your feet! These are real beaches, windsurfers all over the place.

Cost of living half, or even less than half of Thailand.
    Vietnam towns are foreigner friendly, very easy to stay, you can get 3 months visa, something that doesn't even exist for under 50 foreigner in Thailand.
    You can get 1 year visa without much hassle, Vietnam wants foreigners. I met American guy in October in Vung Tau, small beach town, from Mon to Fri extremely quiet, buzy on weekends, Saigon people weekend holiday spot, it's 1.5hr drive.
    The American guy was around 30, we spoke several nights, he had moved there just 1 month ago. Some Asian countries require at least BA to get job as teacher, Vietnam apparently happy if you hold English speaking nation's Passport. His salary is 8mil Dong, not much, but guess how much work he puts in? 2 days a week, 3 hrs a day. That's like not working. He said he chose minimal work load, because his idea of living in Asia isn't working. He is right, of course. His rent for small studio 3Mil Dong. Food and beer are about half of Thai. Food is not as tasty as Thai food, but nowhere as bad as Cambodia.
    Why not move to Vietnam? I staid only 3 weeks, it was to make sure the place is good enough for long term stay, if Thailand keeps squeezing visa rules. I could live there very easily, I would stay the winter there now, except I have friends in Thailand, it is my second home, has been 15 years. But if shit gets fucked here, hello Vietnam!

Liked

Because my husband happens to be a Laos citizen, so going there makes obvious sense. Everything is easier and better for him -- no more 30 day VISA runs, enrolling in unversity or getting a job is no issue, social life is better as he has friends there, and he's just more comfortable around his fellow country men.

And immigration for me in Laos is no problem, and I can get 1 year business VISAs renewable each year without issue for $600/year.

I'm totally fine with Vientiane. It's about 2 hours down the road from Khon Kaen, so for me it'd be pretty much exactly the same except better restaurants basically. That, and probably better expat friends to be had there versus Khon Kaen, as there's lots of Australians around my age that live there and work at NGOs or at the international school, etc.

Plus he speaks both Laos and Thai, and although by no means fluent, I speak more than enough Thai to get around, take care of myself, and make conversation with locals / friends. I sure as shit don't feel like learning Vientanmese, I know that.

Liked

Can't you see that Cdnmatt is nothing but an out and out grifter? He leaves such a designation on his sleeve for all to see, and smell. He's a despicable fraud as well as a fool and a loser ... which means anyone who takes this dude seriously is a fool as well.
    'Husband' my ass: yes, the so-called 'Husband' -- the poor Leo -- who he has, more than once, described as a fucking idiot. Now how's that for a great and loving relationship? 'Husband' my ass.

For what it's worth ... my suggestion to you DD is to quit posting such long-winded twaddle and let the man/boy Canuck farang dig his own black hole with no help from the naive-among-us. You are being grifted.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

5. User who gave Like to post:

francois (November 24th, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Or just MAYBE DD is equally capable of both matching and beating Matt there too re any possible grifting that just might be going on

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Can't you see...

For what it's worth ... my suggestion to you DD is to quit posting such long-winded twaddle and let the man/boy Canuck farang dig his own black hole with no help from the naive-among-us.
    I can, Smiles. It's when KKjason rushed to Cdnmatt's rescue, as a true gentleman, a White Knight, then I got sucked into this. Plus I'm bored to death.

KKjason said I should not speak about things I know nothing about, and about Thailand in general, the "gik" thing, Episode 12, Season 9.

I asked you, Smiles, I asked you by your name, to weight in, do you use the word "gik" when you talk to fellow Canadian. Did you answer?

Did you post any thoughts on a subject?

Only Francois did. So I looked like a know nothing idiot, not a good feeling. I kept posting, trying to argue with KKjason.

I asked 4 posters, who live full time in Thailand to post their opinion. Francois did, sort of. You didn't say a fucking word, Smiles.

But now you found time to post, only to point out that I babble too much. You are right, I'm posting long-winded twaddle. Cdnmatt wins. And KKjason wins, guy who posts twice a year. Maybe the key to having credibility here is to post twice a year.

Here I am, in my long winding twaddle mode, again!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    While not wishing to put words into Double Dutch’s mouth, a Westerner using a Thai word in an English dialogue with other Westerners is simply being pretentious and, probably, lacking in good manners. There is, it seems from previous posters, a perfectly good English equivalent to “gik” - “fuckbuddy” - and that’s what should be used. For the more squeamish perhaps they could use the “FWB” acronym - “Friends With Benefits”
    And lets not forget the classic, the Thai word that will prove conclusively that you are so much more "woke", than every other foreigner in this country. These lowly, know nothing foreigners call Thai capital Bangkok. But you, the enlightened one, know better, and to leave a lasting impression to those know nothing foreigners, you call it Krung Thep, Thai word for Bangkok. Every foreigner at the table will look at you in aw, and as they stand to leave, they give you a wai, a sign of respect and acknowledgement of their place in farang food chain. You are the REAL expat!

Liked

Talk about blowing it out of proportion. Even the few farang friends I had in Khon Kaen used "gik" all the time. Didn't know it was such an egregious offense to post it on the forum.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    And lets not forget the classic, the Thai word that will prove conclusively that you are so much more "woke", than every other foreigner in this country. These lowly, know nothing foreigners call Thai capital Bangkok. But you, the enlightened one, know better, and to leave a lasting impression to those know nothing foreigners, you call it Krung Thep, Thai word for Bangkok. Every foreigner at the table will look at you in aw, and as they stand to leave, they give you a wai, a sign of respect and acknowledgement of their place in farang food chain. You are the REAL expat!
    Even Thais when speaking English call it Bangkok. Anyone who’s paid attention to the announcements on board Thai Airways should know that. Just as the educated French people I know say “Paree” when speaking French and “Paris” when speaking English

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Talk about blowing it out of proportion. Even the few farang friends I had in Khon Kaen used "gik" all the time. Didn't know it was such an egregious offense to post it on the forum.
    My friends say “spare root”. Reverting to Thai “dok thong” comes in handy