FAQ & Help
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: When Barry met Leo

Banned
    Liked

Re: When Barry met Leo

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    WTF are you on about?

I'm hardly like anything described in that article. You do know I lived in Khon Kaen for 8 yers, 3.5 years with a sex addict, right?
    The first sentence sums you up completely. After that I got bored

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kkjason View Post
    Now you are the one that has misspoke - perhaps you should check your own facts before posting. 'No one in Thailand uses those words'. What in the hell gives you that idea? Like Smiles and Christian and some of the other posters here, I've lived here full time for nearly 20 years - I can assure you that these are common words that Thai's most definitely use. In fact, it is almost an everyday word here in Thai gossip circles '...so and so is with his gik tonight'. As 'gik' is actually a Thai word (don't ask me how to spell it in Thai - unlike you - I gladly profess my own limitations), so you will hear it clearly stated as Thai's are talking. Why don't you pay attention a bit more when Thai's..
    No no no, don't twist this, don't put words in my mouth! I never said Thais, when talking to each other don't use "gik", are we Thais here? Are we speaking Thai here on SGT? We all foreigners, and use English here. What words, what terms Thais use in their daily language with each other is not the issue at hand.

Lets not start measuring contest who's been here longer, I have lived here for years, I moved here in 2003, but lately I only spend time between September to March or April. (You see, I fell for it, and participated in your measuring contest.). Let's not, ok?

Back to topic, when did you last used the term "gik", when talking to fellow foreigner, obviously in your native language, be it English or any other language?

Why is it that I have not heard this word uttered by another fellow foreigner. I texted to 5 friends just now, after reading your post, they were sending 555 to my silly question.
    Anything else I hear every single day when talking to friends, mostly "boy", I myself prefer to say "guy", if the guy is offed from bar, and we bring it up with foreigner friend next day, I use "gogo boy". On apps everybody uses "money boy", or , if guy seems sincerely not there for business, we say "not a money boy"

Gik? Never! And you know it! We are both foreigners, every foreigner here uses same vocabulary. We don't live on different planets, you are in KK, I'm in BKK or Pattaya, but we are both foreigners, we use same words.

I noticed, KK, you never took an issue with the term "curtain motel". Why? You called me out, aggressively, accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about, when "gik" was the topic. Why not take an issue with both terms that I questioned? Please, I wait for your answer regarding "curtain motel". "Motel", not hotel! When was the last time you used this term in a sentence?

I'm hoping Smiles, Francois, ChristianPFC, MFAS weight in, and if thry use "gik", when speaking to fellow foreigner. I'm not even going to ask their opinion on "curtain motel", it's laughable.

"Hi Christian, I ended up in Ratchaburi tonight, could you recommend a curtain motel here? I need a place to take my gik there." LOL

EDIT, Francois did comment already, I missed it on mobile.

Liked

@DoubleDutch -- Do I have this right? You're questioning whether or not I've spent a good amount of time in Thailand, because I happen to speak Thai, while you've kept yourself holed up in some farang ghetto, and never bothered to teach yourself Thai? Is that right?

Back in Khon Kaen, alot of times I would speak better Thai than they would English, hence I spoke Thai. Same with the apps like Grindr back when I could see and could read and write Thai -- some conversations were in English, but many were in Thai.
    I can't write Thai anymore because I don't have the keyboard layout memorized, but lots of times on the apps I would ask "haa alia" (what are you looking for?), and sometimes they would reply "haa gik" (looking for a fuck buddy).

You do know after I broke it off with Kim, I spent about 3 years living alone in Khon Kaen with my dogs with nobody around to help with translation, right? So I'm not sure why you'd be surprised that I speak Thai, and use Thai terminology.

Same as when I get to Vientiane. Get fucked if you think I'm living in some farang ghetto, as I'd much prefer to ignore ignorant idiots such as yourself.

Liked

@DoubleDutch -- Do I have this right? You're questioning whether or not I've spent a good amount of time in Thailand, because I happen to speak Thai, while you've kept yourself holed up in some farang ghetto, and never bothered to teach yourself Thai? Is that right?

Back in Khon Kaen, alot of times I would speak better Thai than they would English, hence I spoke Thai. Same with the apps like Grindr back when I could see and could read and write Thai -- some conversations were in English, but many were in Thai.
    I can't write Thai anymore because I don't have the keyboard layout memorized, but lots of times on the apps I would ask "haa alia" (what are you looking for?), and sometimes they would reply "haa gik" (looking for a fuck buddy).
    No, I am not questioning your ability to speak and understand Thai, and this is not a place to debate how fluent in Thai you are.

I'm questioning your stories. You make basic errors, you contradict yourself as you go along. Your time line is flawless, but details often vary, as you move along. Your finances, and different basics about it is something that an honest story teller would not get wrong, ask me how I was doing in 2008, and I give you detailed answer today, and exactly the same answer 10 years from. These are things we never forget. You do.

In attempts to add credibility, you try to use Thai slang. You are attempting to sound more Thai than Thai. You are trying to convince readers, that you in Thailand are like fish in a water.
    But to know when to use slang, and when to use English word, you have to be here long time, you can't study it online, and try to fake it. Example, "curtain motel".

You keep fucking up. It's bound to happen to anyone, with volume of posts, the amount of detail the you share, you are bound to make mistakes. Don't you understand this?

You work on internet, so did I. Still do, little bit. Just last week you reported things are going well now, and you contract in Taiwan. Cdnmatt, no one on internet businesses talks like that, there are no countries on internet, people would say I made a connection with TranswerWise, and hopefully I make some money. What you don't say is "I have contract with Taiwan worth $50.000. There is no Taiwan on internet, there is a web site, a service. Not a country.

Your constant putdown of Bangkok and Pattaya is one of the tricks that you practice all the time, in this post you call them "farang ghettos".

We are same age cdnnatt. I follow you since your relationship with Kim started. Why? Because precisely same time I fell in love with a Thai man, and I moved to Pattaya, previously I lived in Bangkok. I have perspective of life in Thailand, I know how Thais talk, but like most foreigners, most of my friends are fellow foreigners, (most are straight, but that does not change anything).

Your stuff doesn't add up, cdnmatt. People can lead very different lives, and your choices may not be similar to mine, that is very natural.
    I accuse you of making stuff up. You keep this blog to live out fantasies, life that you can't experience in real life, again, a very natural thing. I only call you out, when you become angry, after people here ask you very basic questions, things no one else would have difficulty explaining. But you get very upset. That is sign of guilt. If someone questioned me, for example, am really in Pattaya right now, I would laugh out loud. You do not, you lash out. We both know why. It is basic psychology.

Have you read KKjason being questioned here? Have come across Smiles' life in Hua Hin being scrutinized, and doubted? Have you read any questions directed at Francois? ChristianPFC? No! And you know it. Do you ever wonder why?

Liked

Up to you. And it's not just Pattaya and Bangkok that have farang ghettos. Khon Kaen had one too -- it was at the Tuckom area as that's where all the girlie bars are. I'm sure even KKJason can vouch for me on that one.

I avoided that place like the plague too. I know your type all too well. Can't even count to 10 in Thai, but sit around the bars all day bitching about Thai people and explaining what's wroung with the country, all the while boasting about how you're an expert on Thai culture.

No idea why you'd move all the way to Thailand, and not bother learning the language. Talk about limiting your life and environment. Have fun in your farang ghetto though, with your money boys and short time rooms as you call them.

For an example of what I mean, Kong sounds like a really great guy, and I'm sure will become a good friend and we'll have some good laughs and times together. There is absolutely no way I'd be able to call him a friend right now unless I could speak Thai. He speaks a little bit of English, but I definitely speak Thai better than he speaks English. You're missing out by not knowing the language.

Liked

Up to you. And it's not just Pattaya and Bangkok that have farang ghettos. Khon Kaen had one too -- it was at the Tuckom area as that's where all the girlie bars are. I'm sure even KKJason can vouch for me on that one.

I avoided that place like the plague too. I know your type all too well.

No idea why you'd move all the way to Thailand, and not bother learning the language. Talk about limiting your life and environment. Have fun in your farang ghetto though, with your money boys and short time rooms as you call them.

For an example of what I mean, Kong sounds like a really
    What you are doing now is basic deflection, a tactic to sideline main conversation. You are attempting to reduce the conversation about your life in Thailand to a narrow side topic of "farang ghetto", and what areas in Thailand you use this demeaning term to describe. This was said in passing, this is not what we are discussing here. You do it all the time, and usually everyone gets bored, and forgets you. Until a climax of your latest Tele Novello episode. For example, right now! Big changes in story line, some characters may survive, some may not, some new faces will be introduced.

Don't deflect. Stay on topic! Forget about farang ghetto thing, it's unimportant.

Liked

It's because you never actually say anything, and all you do is bitch and moan. Probably because you're holed up in some farang ghetto, and feel quite isolated because you can't even talk to anyone except money boys, and other farangs who feel as isolated as you do. Must be a thrilling life.

The point I was trying to make is, the Thailand you currently live in, and the Thailand I used to live in are two totally different places. All you're doing is making yourself look like an idiot for questioning whether or not I lived there.

Liked

It's Loi Kratong, most beautiful Thai holiday.

Cdnmatt, I don't want to fight and argue, I like you, and your posts, your adventures. If I haven't read SGT for some time, your posts are the first I click on! Thank you!

It's when you get angry over simple questions, that's when obvious doubts are raised.
    You should expect to be questioned, it's nothing personal, anyone here with stories like yours would be scrutinized. Lets face it, most people do not live life as exciting.
    You become defensive, instead you could post conclusive proof. But you never do. Of course you don't have to, none of it is my business, it is your life.
    It's when you pretend to get angry, when you take all of us for fools, that is the moment you make it personal.

Anyways, good luck! Hope your life keeps being interesting!

Happy Loi Kreatong! Pattaya beach is lively and beautiful tonight!

Liked

You don't really ask actual questions though. You just piss and moan, and say I'm inconsistent. I'll admit I probably come off as that at times, because life is fluid and forever changing.

Everything I've posted is true, or at least to my recollection it is. I'm still in Canada right now, because I have to repair some business relationships before I'm comfortable going back to Asia. Leo has already told me, I have 2 or 3 weeks to get there before he takes off and does something new in life, which is understandable. He can't wait for me forever. I'm working on it, and waiting for responses from my business partner and clients right now.

I'm only going back to Asia if I know I can provide the three of us with a financially secure and stable home life. I'm not going to put Leo through what I did before in Khon Kaen after I first went blind, where a couple times he didn't eat for a few days because we simply didn't have any money. I think everything should be fine though, and I'll be back in Asia shortly.

Leo has promised me he's stopped being crazy, and I believe him. By talking with him, he sounds like he's matured quite a bit, which is a good thing.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Leo has already told me, I have 2 or 3 weeks to get there before he takes off and does something new in life.
    What a charming "husband" you seem to have there, obviously someone who really wants to work at your relationship - so, he's been off fucking all round him but now advises you "hey I'm giving you 2 to 3 weeks tops and if you don't get back here ( to pay the bills?) I'm outta here and away - up to you, see ya sucker - or NOT !"

Yep, definitely a keeper of a long term "husband" you've got there for sure by the sounds of it .......