Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: When Barry met Leo

Banned
    Liked

Re: When Barry met Leo

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Of course they use the term "money boy" on the apps. They want your money, so will use whatever terminology you want them to.
    Statement Of The Bleeding Obvious 101 conjoined with Completely Missing The Point Again 101

Liked

Now you are the one that has misspoke - perhaps you should check your own facts before posting. 'No one in Thailand uses those words'. What in the hell gives you that idea? Like Smiles and Christian and some of the other posters here, I've lived here full time for nearly 20 years - I can assure you that these are common words that Thai's most definitely use. In fact, it is almost an everyday word here in Thai gossip circles '...so and so is with his gik tonight'. As 'gik' is actually a Thai word (don't ask me how to spell it in Thai - unlike you - I gladly profess my own limitations), so you will hear it clearly stated as Thai's are talking. Why don't you pay attention a bit more when Thai's are talking around you? Now, you are the one that sounds like you haven't spent much time at all in Thailand - You are not going to get much support on this one, which is probably why you have gone quiet. Criticize Matt all you want, but at least make sure of your facts before you do so.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Random advice, and off topic, refrain using "giks", and "curtain motels". No one in Thailand uses those words. No one talks like that, not Thais, not foreigners. Instead use "money boys", and "short time hotels".

Maybe ChristianPFC, Francois can weight in, posters who live in Thailand.

It's almost as if you have never been to Thailand, I do believe you have, but for short periods of time, everything in your stories, every manouver, every new development seems to come from someone who has read about Thailand, someone who reads, and follows online boards in order to be familiar with topic, but has not lived here.

Just a suggestion, friendly advice for sake of consistency, looking at your collection of short, bizarre stories if I was your editor. Too many inconsistencies, too many obviously bad, laughably bad mistakes, mistakes only someone who's been here 2 weeks would make.

When's your flight, btw? British Colombia, Canada is not getting warmer, below 10C now daily high, nights colder. Lao and SE Asia now best weather of the year, not hot, no humidity, nice breeze, no rain, perfect!

What's keeping you from joining your husband? How long have you been in Canada? 6 months?

https://i.imgur.com/rpPxRDO.jpg

3. User who gave Like to post:

cdnmatt (November 22nd, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

In most large cities of the world most first generation immigrants live in ghettos. A friend of mine who lives in Sydney with a Thai guy tells me the guy has almost zero interaction with the general community. He works in a Thai owned and patronised shop in the “Thainatown” area of Chinatown and in the evening he watches Thai television streaming via the Internet. The conversation of most people is incredibly banal I find, so I certainly don’t attempt to eavesdrop on conversations going on around me in a foreign language. I also find westerners who use Thai words in the middle of an English sentence when there is an equivalent English word pretentious. As I said in a previous post I’ve lived here 30 years and I haven’t bothered to acquire more than a rudimentary Thai vocabulary and I make no apologies for living in an Anglophone ghetto

Liked

Your loss. Why move all the way to another country, just to isolate yourself in a farang ghetto? That makes no sense.

Banned
    Liked

Your loss. Why move all the way to another country, just to isolate yourself in a farang ghetto? That makes no sense.
    To endure the White Man’s Burden of course - fucking an endless queue of cheap prostitutes. Most people are economic migrants not cultural ones

That is, after all, why you live in SE Asia as an “economic refugee” - Canada is “too expensive” for you, as some of your posts in the past have made plain. Of course you’d also have to pay income tax if you lived in Canada. You’ve decided to locate yourself in the sticks so as to live even more frugally so I imagine the ghetto option is not available for you anyway

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Random advice, and off topic, refrain using "giks", and "curtain motels". No one in Thailand uses those words. No one talks like that, not Thais, not foreigners. Instead use "money boys", and "short time hotels".

Maybe ChristianPFC, Francois can weight in, posters who live in Thailand.

Francois is at a loss for words regarding cdnmatt!

I do believe he exists (judging from his photos) but otherwise a complete mystery and likely a raconteur of the highest degree.

Liked

loong leem man root
    Some Thai expressions sound very funny to us Aussies.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Francois is at a loss for words regarding cdnmatt!

I do believe he exists (judging from his photos) but otherwise a complete mystery and likely a raconteur of the highest degree.
    If he’s merely the raconteur of your imagining how do you account for his entire Lao border saga being posted on Thaivisa without any cross-reference to here. Surely someone wanting to boost their credibility would have made the effort to draw our attention to it?

On the other hand this link may provide some clues to parts of Matt’s psyche https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...g-people-worry

Liked

WTF are you on about?

I'm hardly like anything described in that article. You do know I lived in Khon Kaen for 8 yers, 3.5 years with a sex addict, right?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

WTF are you on about? I'm hardly like anything described in that article.
    Oh I dont know......there are SOME characteristics there that sound AWFULLY familiar in there - no??

"millennials are lazy, entitled and whiners"
    "mental health issues"
    "a “sexless” relationship"
    "stressed out and at their wits’ end"
    "worried about... moving out of our parents’ homes"
    slightly freaking out and don’t really have it together"
    "initiating sex is the last thing on your mind"
    " pressures..... to have ( your BF's sisters) young kids, to mental health issues"

( lucky for THOSE kids too that their saviour never followed through from taking them away from their mother eh as god forbid they may have ended up in the same position as your dogs at the rate of professional planning you put into your "move" - it was their lucky day when they DIDNT go live with you !!! )