Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: When Barry met Leo

Liked

Re: When Barry met Leo

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    I don't know, guess I will find out when I get to the border. I doubt it will be an issue though.
    Are you joking? You fuck up everything you touch or even glance at... dead dogs and so-called 'husbands' included.
    " ... I doubt it will be an issue though ... " Right. That's nothing but a dream/desire . . . not a good chance nor a decent possibility.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Are you joking? You fuck up everything you touch or even glance at... dead dogs and so-called 'husbands' included.
    " ... I doubt it will be an issue though ... " Right. That's nothing but a dream/desire . . . not a good chance nor a decent possibility.
    Have you forgotten Smiles he is a Millennial. He is “entitled” to special privileges. Already he doesn’t pay income taxes anywhere in the world and he believes that Immigration regulations everywhere are so last millennium and certainly should not apply to him

Oh and by the way Bitcoin lost ANOTHER 10% yesterday

3. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (November 21st, 2018)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Oh and by the way Bitcoin lost ANOTHER 10% yesterday
    Oh dear

Liked

But yeah, I guess that's another thing that has to change. I guess we're allowed to have sex with other people now, but I'm not allowed to bring anyone home. I can have sex with giks again, but I have to take that stuff to a curtain motel or similar, and same goes for him.
    Random advice, and off topic, refrain using "giks", and "curtain motels". No one in Thailand uses those words. No one talks like that, not Thais, not foreigners. Instead use "money boys", and "short time hotels".

Maybe ChristianPFC, Francois can weight in, posters who live in Thailand.

It's almost as if you have never been to Thailand, I do believe you have, but for short periods of time, everything in your stories, every manouver, every new development seems to come from someone who has read about Thailand, someone who reads, and follows online boards in order to be familiar with topic, but has not lived here.

Just a suggestion, friendly advice for sake of consistency, looking at your collection of short, bizarre stories if I was your editor. Too many inconsistencies, too many obviously bad, laughably bad mistakes, mistakes only someone who's been here 2 weeks would make.

When's your flight, btw? British Colombia, Canada is not getting warmer, below 10C now daily high, nights colder. Lao and SE Asia now best weather of the year, not hot, no humidity, nice breeze, no rain, perfect!

What's keeping you from joining your husband? How long have you been in Canada? 6 months?

https://i.imgur.com/rpPxRDO.jpg

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Just a suggestion, friendly advice for sake of consistency, looking at your collection of short, bizarre stories if I was your editor. Too many inconsistencies, too many obviously bad, laughably bad mistakes,
    You mean like this....

"Yep, probably. However, probably not even Vietnam, and more likely just down the street from where ever they were. Probably got sold for 500 baht, or some fucken thing.
    Christ... "

Who's blind mans keyboard is capable of writing that?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Random advice, and off topic, refrain using "giks", and "curtain motels". No one in Thailand uses those words. No one talks like that, not Thais, not foreigners. Instead use "money boys", and "short time hotels".
    What? All that tells me is you've never been outside the tourist areas of Thailand.

giks and money boys are two different things, and same goes for short time rooms and curtain motels.

"gik" is a Thai word, and basically translates into "fuck buddy" with no implication of money. Curtain motel in Thai is "loong leem man root", and it's just that -- large outside motel, each room has it's own individual driveway, and there's a large curtain that gets pulled across when someone checks in so the wife can't go snooping for their husband's vehicle.

Liked

Matt is right:

"My Thai 'Gik' this is a person you are in a casual relationship with, with no promise of a future. ... So a Thai Gikrelationship is a discreet relationship, often more common among the young, some have several Giks. A Gik is usually rewarded with dinners, sometimes small gifts."

Liked

Thank you, BlackTouch. Here, we can even have a little Thai vocab lesson for DoubleDutch.

money boy = Don't know the Thai word for this, but just that -- one-time off, get your service, pay your fee, done.

gik = Casual relationship based on sex. Obviously I end up paying, but money isn't always a factor. For example, I had a couple giks back in Khon Kaen when I was a bachelor. Couple young gay guys, once a week or so I'd hook up at the local curtain motel with one of them, we'd have some fun, then go back to our regular lives. No love, or long-term future plans.

mia noi = Translates to "little wife", or basically having an affair. Love is in the air, and financial support is involved -- get them setup in a nice condo, maybe buy them a vehicle, some jewellery, regular financial support payments, etc. I actually almost got one in Khon Kaen -- this gorgeous 18 year old, I was going to put him up in a condo, he agreed to everything, etc. Never materialized though.

fean = This is your boyfriend / girlfriend.

sa-mii - This is your husband.

loong leem man root = Curtain motel, and at least up in Issan, this is what everyone uses, because they're all over the place and they're nice, clean, and cheap. Used for discreet sex.

The only people who use terms like "money boy" and "short time room" are farangs who never leave the tourist areas / go-go bars, but think they know all about Thailand. I forget what the Thai word for "money boy" is, as I never used them, but I know there is a Thai word for it and I can promise you it's not "money boy".

Banned
    Liked

loong leem man root = Curtain motel, and at least up in Issan, this is what everyone uses, because they're all over the place and they're nice, clean, and cheap. Used for discreet sex.
    I shall henceforth refer to these as “root hotels” - so apposite
    The only people who use terms like "money boy" and "short time room" are farangs who never leave the tourist areas / go-go bars, but think they know all about Thailand. I forget what the Thai word for "money boy" is, as I never used them, but I know there is a Thai word for it and I can promise you it's not "money boy".
    The “only people” who use the term “money boy” are the money boys on the Apps, for example. Having spent 30 years in and around Thailand I realise that I’ll never be discussing the role of entropy in human affairs - or any other rule of thermodynamics to take just one example - so I have no interest in learning more than a really really basic Thai vocabulary. The usual Thai response to any discussion of ideas even in English provokes the inevitable response “you think too much”. Double Dutch is well advised to stick to English

Liked

Of course they use the term "money boy" on the apps. They want your money, so will use whatever terminology you want them to.