Thread: Limerick contest

Liked

Re: Limerick contest

If Helensburgh boasts Deborah Kerr,
    It invites rival bids from afar.
    My dear Bristol home town
    Will win, surely, hands down
    With its own Cary Grant – megastar.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (November 8th, 2018), Smiles (November 8th, 2018)

Liked

Back, for a moment, to that film...

Mrs Anna, it seems, was a fan
    Of Thai boys - I've discovered she ran
    The first bar in Sunee
    (And, to save herself money,
    Her son Louis was the mamasan).
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

4. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (November 8th, 2018)

Liked

The thing I associate with Bristol is not so much Cary Grant but the bus station toilets circa 1995

Most interesting

Liked

I'm afraid that the old Bristol bus station has been redeveloped since then... I, on the other hand, used to use (for legitimate travel purposes!) Gloucester bus station every week some years ago - the cottages there saw, in 1975, the arrest of top TV star of the time Peter Wyngarde (his famous role was Jason King - cited by Mike Myers as the inspiration for the character Austin Powers).

Liked

Yes I remember the case - and even at my very young age at that time I experienced a certain frisson when I read of it.

For a long time it seemed almost compulsory for our most prominent or popular actors to be caught “importuning” as the newspapers reported it. Sir John Gielgud, Peter Wyngarde, Wilfrid Brambell, and Peter Adamson fron Coronation Street (at least twice), are just a few off the top of my head.

Much later of course it was revealed that future Prime Minister Ted Heath, on ascending to the leadership of the Conservative Party, was warned off his cottaging activities by MI5/MI6

Liked

You’ll find posts on the main Thailand forum
    About bars with a lack of decorum.
    Some, it’s said, host nude shows
    Where ‘most anything goes –
    Hardly anyone’s said they deplore ‘em.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (November 10th, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    ...For a long time it seemed almost compulsory for our most prominent or popular actors to be caught “importuning” as the newspapers reported it. Sir John Gielgud, Peter Wyngarde, Wilfrid Brambell, and Peter Adamson fron Coronation Street (at least twice), are just a few off the top of my head. Much later of course it was revealed that future Prime Minister Ted Heath, on ascending to the leadership of the Conservative Party, was warned off his cottaging activities by MI5/MI6
    Sir John G. had a lust for young men -
    Smooth, muscled and straight was his yen.
    So he really felt sick
    While he gobbled the prick
    Of the occupant of No. 10

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (November 10th, 2018), scottish-guy (November 10th, 2018)

Liked

So wrinkly old frequent's come back.
    After waxing his bum crack and sack.
    He says he's well now.
    And claims he's highbrow.
    But sex wise he's just lost the knack.

Liked

As there hasn’t been a new post here for some days, perhaps this thread is reaching the end of its natural life? I will end (?), therefore, with my magnum opus

Tomorrow I take a short break
    To Prague - might it be a mistake?
    I've frequently heard
    Rent boys have disappeared...
    Where will I find hot trouser snake?

It seems that Escape is no more...
    At Club Temple and Monty's - closed door.
    And the old railway station's
    Now purged for the nation's
    Commuters - it's lost every whore.

Villa Mansland with boys for a song
    Is also, so sadly, long gone.
    Every bar that one enters
    No longer has renters -
    So where did the Prague scene go wrong?

Perhaps it is time to take stock
    And, like thousands of others to flock
    To more welcoming places
    With cute, pretty faces –
    I’m catching a flight to Bangkok!

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (November 13th, 2018), gerefan2 (November 14th, 2018), Smiles (November 18th, 2018)

Liked

Brilliant, as usual. Magnum indeed. Except...well...heard/disappeared???? Perhaps a short hiatus is a good idea. Or how about (forgive me) maybe: I've recently heard/ Rent boys? Gone! That's the word.